best/favourite nightclub in ireland

Started by ross4life, October 11, 2009, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

agree karma on monday in belfast was unreal

bot still hard to beat on a wed/thurs not bad on fri night now for the young professional ;)

like the canal court in newry 2

mint in cookstown pretty good 2

stiffler

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 14, 2009, 07:15:07 PM
agree karma on monday in belfast was unreal

bot still hard to beat on a wed/thurs not bad on fri night now for the young professional ;)

like the canal court in newry 2

mint in cookstown pretty good 2

Hard to beat kellys  Portrush on a wednesday too charlie!

I hear the carpark was some niteclub! iii
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

mylestheslasher

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 11, 2009, 09:27:26 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 11, 2009, 09:26:07 PM
ashburn lurgan quite obviously an institution in northern nightlife. carlingford although no real night clubs is a good spot

I was in Carlingford a few weeks ago,had a right aul time..
The "niteclub" was more like someones front sitting room with a DJ in the corner

Was at a stag there a year ago, mighty craic that town. Hens and stags everywhere.

achadh gallain

Is anyone aware of the places round the Cathedral Quarter that are just big empty old houses/business where a DJ comes along and they charge you a tenner in. It's open until 5 or 6 and it's BYOB. The time I was there people were smoking away and rolling joints while cop cars flew about outside and didn't care in the slightest. Think it's beside/above some gallery on Donegall Street and runs at least once a month. Place was mad!
[/quote]

The BX is a famous spot for this carry on (cant mind exactly where it is in the cathedral quarter) - an oul rap on the door jab when your gassed comin' out of kelly's cellars or the duke.. many a night after the bot on a saturday night aswell.
good craic in that place though i wouldn't be rushing to it  :-\ quite dodgy and you never remember a thing going into the place or coming out of it!!

maggie

The GAA in Omagh in the early 90s.
Ah, the memories.....

redhugh

7 Bells in Ardoyne on Saturday nights after work , what a fcukin' nuthouse. Some craic though.

the scenic route

Quote from: gallsman on October 14, 2009, 04:54:08 PM

RAIN is shit, and not new. Milk got ran into the ground, so it reopened as RAIN.

I was in Millk when it was Shite but Rain isnt bad value
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

leenie

Quote from: maggie on October 15, 2009, 12:38:33 PM
Ah, the memories.....

feck i had forgot about the "gaa"...... a tin of coke and a packet of crisps...... 60p
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

downgirl

Havana Browns
Rafterz
(both part of Rearden's empire in Cork)

The Savoy Cork

Central/Coast in Newcastle whatever it's called now was good back in the day when you were underage!

gerry

Quote from: leenie on October 15, 2009, 08:35:11 PM
Ah, the memories.....

feck i had forgot about the "gaa"...... a tin of coke and a packet of crisps...... 60p

I was going to mention it, then i thought i would be showing my age so i didn't.  What about

Knock Na Moe over the years
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

maggie

Quote from: gerry on October 16, 2009, 01:35:51 AM
Ah, the memories.....

I was going to mention it, then i thought i would be showing my age so i didn't.  What about

Nah, never heard of it.
You are showing your age now Gerry  ;)

Zapatista

:D :D Mind that place. I was too young to go. Wasn't there a ghost story about it?

gerry

Quote from: maggie on October 16, 2009, 08:23:00 AM
Ah, the memories.....

Nah, never heard of it.
You are showing your age now Gerry  ;)

i know

gerry

Quote from: Zapatista on October 16, 2009, 08:45:03 AM

:D :D Mind that place. I was too young to go. Wasn't there a ghost story about it?

many a good sunday afternoon was wasted drinking about it. their was suppose to be a ghost about it alright and if memory serves me right it was a girl who hung herself.  used to be a great spot for bands like smokie and luv bug

5 Sams

Quote from: gerry on October 16, 2009, 11:03:34 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on October 16, 2009, 08:45:03 AM

many a good sunday afternoon was wasted drinking about it. their was suppose to be a ghost about it alright and if memory serves me right it was a girl who hung herself.  used to be a great spot for bands like smokie and luv bug

Ah the lovely June Cunningham...subject of manys an 80s schoolboy fantasy :-*
The Aristocrat Years