George Foreman Grill

Started by Aghdavoyle, September 18, 2009, 12:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aghdavoyle

Can you fry and egg on a George Foreman Grill?

Aghdavoyle

tyrone girl

How the hell would u fry something on a grill  ::)

illdecide

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on September 18, 2009, 12:10:57 PM

Ohh yes you can ;) prop the front legs up a bit and make sure it's level or leaning back a bit and let her have it...Presto egg done in 2 mins flat ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Treasurer

Might have told this before - elderly neighbour of a friend of mine absolutely loves his George Foreman - especially the way "it collects all the fat so you can dip your bread in it" :D

redhugh

Quote from: illdecide on September 18, 2009, 12:36:34 PM

Ohh yes you can ;) prop the front legs up a bit and make sure it's level or leaning back a bit and let her have it...Presto egg done in 2 mins flat ;D

not if you plan to eat it .

RogerMilla

ever put square sausage ( scottish delicacy) on  the george foreman? lets just say you'll have to empty the fat collector.. twice!

Santino

Did u know it woulda been called the Hulk Hogan Grill only he turned it down thinkin it would make no money....

redhugh

Quote from: Santino on September 18, 2009, 01:10:39 PM
Did u know it woulda been called the Hulk Hogan Grill only he turned it down thinkin it would make no money....

My father in law calls it the Sonny Liston grill, and on occaision when hungover........the Bomber Liston grill!!

lurganblue

Quote from: redhugh on September 18, 2009, 12:49:37 PM

crack the egg in between two bits of bread and put it in the george foreman. works a treat

redhugh

Quote from: lurganblue on September 18, 2009, 01:22:05 PM

crack the egg in between two bits of bread and put it in the george foreman. works a treat

True - however it then becomes an egg toastie and thus is no longer a fried egg ;)

botman

This Foreman is a cop out. Food needs fat to have taste. If you drain the fat off you get zero taste.

Low fat yogurts or drinks =  zero flavour.

Give me the ole pan any day.
Keep them at it.

lurganblue

Quote from: redhugh on September 18, 2009, 01:24:15 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on September 18, 2009, 01:22:05 PM

True - however it then becomes an egg toastie and thus is no longer a fried egg ;)

correct. but all good

Olaf

Quote from: redhugh on September 18, 2009, 01:17:20 PM
Quote from: Santino on September 18, 2009, 01:10:39 PM

My father in law calls it the Sonny Liston grill, and on occaision when hungover........the Bomber Liston grill!!

I call it the George  Formby Grill.