Income opportunity for Clubs

Started by REDCOL, September 10, 2009, 07:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REDCOL

This looks like a good idea.

A chara,

Please find attached details for the Vodafone Support Your GAA Club programme that was sent to our Clubs yesterday afternoon.

As a "GAA Give Back partner" Vodafone have committed to donate 5% of customers mobile phone Pay Monthly bill or Top Up when a Vodafone Ireland customer nominates their GAA club of choice and the Club is registered for the programme.  This will be a terrific opportunity for our Clubs to raise funds.

We would encourage people that already have Vodafone Ireland mobile phones to log onto www.supportyourgaaclub.ie and nominate their Club.  There is no cost involved.  We would also encourage you to spread the word in your Club and County as the more members and supporters who nominate their Club, the more funds will be raised.

Those not using Vodafone Ireland may wish to consider switching so they can nominate their Club – details are also available on this website.  Please note Vodafone business customers are not able to participate in this programme.

Is Mise Le Meas,

Lisa Nic Lannchaidh / Lisa Clancy
Director of Communications

REDCOL

Not sure, but you can nominate northern clubs

armaghniac

One wonders about the GAA accepting sponsorship from a sponsor that rips off people crossing the border and runs this kind of discriminatory promotion.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Final Whistle

Vodafone are not that bad in this regard.

Iv found them very accomodating and if badgered long enough would actually drop their roaming charges for individual users!

great idea but 5% of a personal customers bill is not going to pay for that new sports centre.

brokencrossbar1

A more interesting opportunity would be for clubs to contact myself at my webaddress and aI can show how they can get up to 10% rebates for mobile, landline and Broadband North and south and anywhere else in the world for that matter.

http://future.telecoms.acnrep.com/c_index.asp?CO_LA=GB_EN

Denn Forever

My club has been talking about this for a while.  Maybe it is time to take up the offer.

Gaelic Telecom
Gaelic Telecom provide a high quality telephone service to over 125,000
people all over Ireland, with telephone calls, line rental and broadband
all on one bill. Switching to Gaelic Telecom means saving money on all your
call charges as well as generating money for your local Club.
Gaelic Telecom takes 15% of your monthly call charges and gives it to
whatever GAA Club or National School you choose to nominate. You save money
and your local club or school raise money at the same time. Any club member
who wishes to make the switch can get details from any committee member.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The squinted eye

I was wondering what Gaelic Telecom would think of Lisa Clancys email, I trhought the GAA were in bed with Gaelic Telecom already or is it just some of the county boards??

An embarrasment of riches it seems

umgolaarmagh

I think BC1's venture has far more potential for clubs to make money or even county footballing teams for there training funds