Kerry v Cork All Ireland Final 2009

Started by magickingdom, August 30, 2009, 04:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 19, 2009, 09:50:51 PM
Well, the jersey is ironed and sitting ready for the morning. The car filled with diesel. Tickets sitting on the kitchen counter ready to go. Couple of rashers fried up and batch bread sambos will be had and then hit the road.
Best of luck to all Kerry players, management and supporters tommorrow. Weather is given to be good so it should add further to the occassion. I was a bit nervous about the langers a few weeks ago but as time has wore on I've grown more confident. I think our boys will not fear Cork any bit but definitely will not under estimate them. It will be close but I think we'll do it by 2 or 3 pts.

class, gotta have respect for that jersey.
i'm in new york for this one the second best place in the world to watch the all ireland. best of luck to everyone tomorrow cant wait for it. i really think it could be a classic, two great teams but i think kerry will do it. if not so be it they owe us nothing. .

Muhammed McCarthy

Hoping for an Armagh/Cork double but have a sneaky feeling Spillane will be dancing come 4.45....hope Joe Brolly gives him a toe up the hole! ;D

Armagh 3-10 Mayo 1-11

Kerry 2-9 Cork 1-11 :o

Kerry Mike

Sun is up, the jersey is stretched accross my broad back, ticket in pocket, have the spuds ate and heading into town to get a good run at the day.

It my 17th final attending when Kerry are playing, just love the day, just bursting with pride, thinking of my late grandfather and the stories he used to tell me about the greats he seen, Paddy Bawn, John Joe Sheehy, Miko Doylel, Paddy Kennedy, the Landers, the Walshes, Joe Keohane and into the 50's and '60's with the 2 Micko's, the Sheehy's, Long, the Murphys, Culloty the O'Donoghues, and then the greats of the 80's which I saw with my own eyes, Sheehy, Spillane, Paidi, Jacko, Egan, Paidi Lynch, The Keeffes, Power, Ogie, Nelligan, Bomber etc, into the dry 90's lit up by Mauruice Fitz and Seamus Moynihan, Eamon Breen, Liam Flahertry and Pa Laide amoung others, and now we have our current Legends, the Band of Brothers from back west, no prouder men to wear the Green and Gold, Gooch, Declan, Galvin, Tom O'Sullivan. Murphy, Griffin, Scanlon, Younhg and Kennelly, 30 years after Tim lifted Sam, he would be a proud man seeing you today, and all the rest of the Kerry lads will walk through walls today to bring Sam home.

I think we will win.

We will dominate the Cork Full Back line and I think break even with the Cork half forwards, they are the 2 key lines I think.

Enjoy the day one and all.

C'mon the Kingdom,

Today is the 8th anniversary of one of my best friends passing,  God rest Paddy H. you will be with us today, miss you on days like this.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

paddypastit

The game of contrasting styles.

It will all be down to which team sets the tempo from MF.  Could see D Se and McCarthy in partricular finding a high tempo challenging. To balance that expect Galvin and Kennelly to be very evident around the middle. If they can control that MF battle, KY have the football composure to supply their inside forward line. On balance the two FB lines are capable of blotting the FFs but it's all about supply. Whoiever sets and keeps the tempo between the 45s will win... Hard to call who... Think Ky might just be the more composed but wouldn't be laying anything on it.  Have had a good nibble on Kennelly at 12/1 to be MoM though - think the professional ,mentality to be spot on for the big day will bring that through.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: magickingdom on September 20, 2009, 01:11:41 AM
i'm in new york for this one the second best place in the world to watch the all ireland. best of luck to everyone tomorrow cant wait for it. i really think it could be a classic, two great teams but i think kerry will do it. if not so be it they owe us nothing. .

Out and about last night, and on two occasions Kerry folk remarked to my pal that it wasn't the red and white they really wanted to beat, but the white and red (didn't realise he was a Tyrone man  ;)) Let it go lads FFS!  :D

Best to both teams today, and what a day for it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

thejuice

A lad in Australia wants to know if the game is being streamed online anywhere? Or is InfoTV available in Oz does anyone know??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stephenite

Quote from: Zulu on September 19, 2009, 05:26:51 PM
It counts for something lads, everyone would accept that lads who come through from successful underage set ups are better off than those who don't. Most counties build their senior success on the back of underage success and winning breeds confidence. Does underage success guarantee senior success or a performance in a senior AI? Of course not but it does count for something.

Sorry Zulu, probably badly worded on my part - of course it does count for something. I meant that it counts for nothing if they fail today - blatantly obvious statement, but given our personal experience on the big day I suppose I'm just conditioned to thinking that the Kingdon tend to win more often than not when facing those who don't match their experience.

I hope your right, but you stated that this Cork team were not mentally fragile, I was trying to point out that this has not been proven yet, thus the pundits mainly tipping Kerry.

Hope you're right though......

stephenite

Quote from: thejuice on September 20, 2009, 11:48:45 AM
A lad in Australia wants to know if the game is being streamed online anywhere? Or is InfoTV available in Oz does anyone know??

I'm watching it at home in Sydney on Setanta (satellite subscription), depends on where he is though, if he's in any of the big cities any Irish bar will have it. He can subscribe to Setanta online ($15, I think) - otherwise I'm not sure but Justin TV normally carry the games.

www.setanta.com.au

or

http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports

Halfquarter

Quote from: stephenite on September 20, 2009, 11:52:56 AM
Quote from: thejuice on September 20, 2009, 11:48:45 AM

I'm watching it at home in Sydney on Setanta (satellite subscription), depends on where he is though, if he's in any of the big cities any Irish bar will have it. He can subscribe to Setanta online ($15, I think) - otherwise I'm not sure but Justin TV normally carry the games.

www.setanta.com.au

or

http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports

This link should work,not starting until 2 o'clock,showing RTE2,Im surprised that they are not showing the full Minor Match.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=49706&part=sports

tyssam5

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 20, 2009, 09:22:08 AM
Sun is up, the jersey is stretched accross my broad back, ticket in pocket, have the spuds ate and heading into town to get a good run at the day.

It my 17th final attending when Kerry are playing, just love the day, just bursting with pride, thinking of my late grandfather and the stories he used to tell me about the greats he seen, Paddy Bawn, John Joe Sheehy, Miko Doylel, Paddy Kennedy, the Landers, the Walshes, Joe Keohane and into the 50's and '60's with the 2 Micko's, the Sheehy's, Long, the Murphys, Culloty the O'Donoghues, and then the greats of the 80's which I saw with my own eyes, Sheehy, Spillane, Paidi, Jacko, Egan, Paidi Lynch, The Keeffes, Power, Ogie, Nelligan, Bomber etc, into the dry 90's lit up by Mauruice Fitz and Seamus Moynihan, Eamon Breen, Liam Flahertry and Pa Laide amoung others, and now we have our current Legends, the Band of Brothers from back west, no prouder men to wear the Green and Gold, Gooch, Declan, Galvin, Tom O'Sullivan. Murphy, Griffin, Scanlon, Younhg and Kennelly, 30 years after Tim lifted Sam, he would be a proud man seeing you today, and all the rest of the Kerry lads will walk through walls today to bring Sam home.

I think we will win.

We will dominate the Cork Full Back line and I think break even with the Cork half forwards, they are the 2 key lines I think.

Enjoy the day one and all.

C'mon the Kingdom,

Today is the 8th anniversary of one of my best friends passing,  God rest Paddy H. you will be with us today, miss you on days like this.

You're a lucky man! I put 20 on cork there just to get some interest, but good luck to whoever wins it! Two very different paths.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DownFanatic

RTE stream is shite.

myp2p.eu links only show RTE 1 and I cant find a link on justin.tv.

Help required ASAP please.

stephenite

Hardy

He said he abandoned pacifism too late in life and didn't know how to hit someone properly.

Hardy

Mickey Harte has finally put the team of the decade row to bed anyway.