Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 5111681 times)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #39390 on: June 18, 2021, 10:15:48 AM »
Hearing very concerning reports about a Juvenile being struck by a mentor of the opposing team in Dunloy?

DR are they correct?

Belfast amalgamations have form here

I wouldn't be concerned which club the mentor was involved with, but from what I have heard this was a very serious incident.

I heard parent jumped fence . I'd be concerned about some of the amalgamations, less control

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #39391 on: June 18, 2021, 10:25:43 AM »
Hearing very concerning reports about a Juvenile being struck by a mentor of the opposing team in Dunloy?

DR are they correct?

I wouldn't be concerned which club the mentor was involved with, but from what I have heard this was a very serious incident.

I heard parent jumped fence . I'd be concerned about some of the amalgamations, less control

I have heard that as a result of mentor striking a player on the field of play, this caused a row with various people involved.

To me the most concerning aspect is what caused the initial row, child protection issues all over it. Hopefully DR can maybe set the record straight.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #39392 on: June 18, 2021, 10:33:13 AM »

DR are they correct?

I have heard that as a result of mentor striking a player on the field of play, this caused a row with various people involved.

To me the most concerning aspect is what caused the initial row, child protection issues all over it. Hopefully DR can maybe set the record straight.

Sounds messy.
Needs stamped out.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39393 on: June 18, 2021, 10:38:41 AM »
Maybe if you PM him rather that airing that stuff on a public forum would be better?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #39394 on: June 18, 2021, 10:43:29 AM »
Maybe if you PM him rather that airing that stuff on a public forum would be better?

Don't see anything wrong with asking on here MR2, it is pretty common knowledge at this point.

Was just asking DR to clarify.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39395 on: June 18, 2021, 10:48:51 AM »

Don't see anything wrong with asking on here MR2, it is pretty common knowledge at this point.

I think you'd get a quicker response in fairness..

Anyways things are getting out of hand lately on the sidelines and from some players. Some games are a joy to be part of and others you wonder WTF are you doing!!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #39396 on: June 18, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »

I think you'd get a quicker response in fairness..

Anyways things are getting out of hand lately on the sidelines and from some players. Some games are a joy to be part of and others you wonder WTF are you doing!!

Hard job for you. I don't envy it.

groundlie

• View Profile
« Reply #39397 on: June 18, 2021, 11:47:58 AM »
Sadly, very sadly, we need the American soccer approach where parents are not allowed within 500m of the pitch. I'm not even joking. To me this has to happen or we are going to have a mass migration from our sports which as already been happening for years. Let children play, let them have fun, let people make mistakes on the pitch.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #39398 on: June 18, 2021, 01:55:11 PM »
Sadly, very sadly, we need the American soccer approach where parents are not allowed within 500m of the pitch. I'm not even joking. To me this has to happen or we are going to have a mass migration from our sports which as already been happening for years. Let children play, let them have fun, let people make mistakes on the pitch.

Agreed

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #39399 on: June 18, 2021, 01:59:17 PM »

Agreed

Agreed - but this wasn't a 'parent' in this instance.