Hunger strike commemoration at a GAA ground

Started by Maguire01, August 19, 2009, 06:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on August 22, 2009, 12:42:39 AM
Right, it appears that the problem is Sinn Fein and not the actual Hunger Strike commemoration.

Is this correct?
I have no problem with people commemorating the hunger strikers. I've already said this.
The issue is with the GAA being dragged into it. These commemorations can take place anywhere, so why bring them into a sporting arena?

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on August 22, 2009, 12:46:59 AM
Pints, is it the "Sinn Fein" or the "Hunger Strike commemoration"?
It's the GAA having any role in any such event.

pintsofguinness

It was the fact it was on a Football field. 
I dont care who organised it, FF, SDLP, SF, DUP - I dont care. 

No issue with the commemoration at all as long as it's not on GAA property.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 22, 2009, 12:47:46 AM
Right, it appears that the problem is Sinn Fein and not the actual Hunger Strike commemoration.

Is this correct?
I have no problem with people commemorating the hunger strikers. I've already said this.
The issue is with the GAA being dragged into it. These commemorations can take place anywhere, so why bring them into a sporting arena?

Have you ever seen the facilities in Galbally / Cappagh?
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Maguire01

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 22, 2009, 12:45:33 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 22, 2009, 12:40:37 AM
And thank you for keeping it alive.  :P

Not easy to be oblivious to a cesspit of ignorance.
Ignorance? How so?
Difference of opinion maybe. I don't see what i'm ignorant about. I'm happy to be corrected if i've got the facts wrong. I can't really be ignorant on the basis of my opinion otherwise.

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 22, 2009, 12:50:26 AM
It was the fact it was on a Football field. 
I dont care who organised it, FF, SDLP, SF, DUP - I dont care. 

No issue with the commemoration at all as long as it's not on GAA property.

So do you think Galbally GFC should be sanctioned in some way or other for allowing the Commemoration
to take place?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on August 22, 2009, 12:51:24 AM

Is this correct?

These commemerations take place all over south armagh in graveyards and on roads - why not in Tyrone?

I wouldnt want to see any club punished TirE, all I'd ask is they show a little bit of consideration to other members of the GAA and their own club (because I'm sure not every member of the club was overjoyed with it) in future. 

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 22, 2009, 12:54:45 AM

Is this correct?

These commemerations take place all over south armagh in graveyards and on roads - why not in Tyrone?

I wouldnt want to see any club punished TirE, all I'd ask is they show a little bit of consideration to other members of the GAA and their own club (because I'm sure not every member of the club was overjoyed with it) in future.

Its a YES or NO question Pints.

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 22, 2009, 12:44:49 AM
I'm not sure there's any point with going on about this but I dread to imagine what someone who objected to this march would get at an agm or committee meeting if some of you boys are represenative of those who supported it being held on a football field.
We don't agree on very much PoG, but i'm with you on this one.

People can say that those from this club were fully behind this event. And maybe they were, i honestly don't know.
But if they were anything like some of the posters on here, it would be a brave man (or club member) that would stand up and voice their opposition.

Donagh

A few years ago I helped my oul boy and a few of his old IRA and SF buddies fill Croke Park for a rally on behalf of the PTAA. Would anyone like to point out the difference between then and now or how the rules were breached on either occassion?

Maguire01

Is this correct?

Eh, it was held in a field. Now i'm not overly familiar with Galbally, but i'd imagine there's more than one field.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on August 22, 2009, 12:56:56 AM

Is this correct?

and if you read my post you'll see I've answered it with a no.

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 22, 2009, 12:57:13 AM
I'm not sure there's any point with going on about this but I dread to imagine what someone who objected to this march would get at an agm or committee meeting if some of you boys are represenative of those who supported it being held on a football field.

People can say that those from this club were fully behind this event. And maybe they were, i honestly don't know.
But if they were anything like some of the posters on here, it would be a brave man (or club member) that would stand up and voice their opposition.
that's exactly my concern.

Donagh

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 22, 2009, 01:00:03 AM
Eh, it was held in a field. Now i'm not overly familiar with Galbally, but i'd imagine there's more than one field.

With public liability insurance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Donagh on August 22, 2009, 01:02:50 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 22, 2009, 01:00:03 AM

With public liability insurance?

Donagh, like myself, I'm sure you've stood at plenty of these events in graveyards and on the road, why wasnt this suitable for this event?
Also, I'd say this is an annual march, where did speeches take place in previous years?

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 22, 2009, 01:02:26 AM
Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on August 22, 2009, 12:56:56 AM

Is this correct?

and if you read my post you'll see I've answered it with a no.

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 22, 2009, 12:57:13 AM

that's exactly my concern.

A little ambigious initially but no it is then. I think if you knew any of the members of Galbally GFC, they are more
than able to stand up for themselves. However, since the Ulster Council have issued a statement, i think we
should leave it in their capable hands for now.