Kerry V Meath AI SF Semifinal 30th August 2009

Started by comethekingdom, August 09, 2009, 03:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navanman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 09, 2009, 09:02:06 PM
Quote from: navanman on August 09, 2009, 08:13:15 PM
Cork will beat Tyrone. I've no doubt about that one.

And were you as certain that Kerry would beat Tyrone in 2003, 2005 & 2008?

No I thought Tyrone would win the last 2 mentioned. I think Tyrone would beat Kerry or Meath in the Semi Final were they playing them, but have a feeling that the make up of this Cork team may prove a little too strong for them, as they are the type of challenge Tyrone won't have faced in a long time. big men, much taller, but also critically big characters (just like Tyrone have).

But that's for another thread. As for Kerry - Meath. Well we're happy to be the massive underdogs.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: navanman on August 09, 2009, 09:26:58 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 09, 2009, 09:02:06 PM
Quote from: navanman on August 09, 2009, 08:13:15 PM
Cork will beat Tyrone. I've no doubt about that one.

And were you as certain that Kerry would beat Tyrone in 2003, 2005 & 2008?

No I thought Tyrone would win the last 2 mentioned. I think Tyrone would beat Kerry or Meath in the Semi Final were they playing them, but have a feeling that the make up of this Cork team may prove a little too strong for them, as they are the type of challenge Tyrone won't have faced in a long time. big men, much taller, but also critically big characters (just like Tyrone have).

But that's for another thread. As for Kerry - Meath. Well we're happy to be the massive underdogs.

Wrong thread but thought I would respond to this. Despite what people think there is very little difference in the size of the 2 teams. Cork are very slightly bigger. Tyrone have the McMahons, Cavanagh, Hughes, McGinley, O'Neill, McConnell who are all 6 ft plus. Good few boys only an inch or 2 short of it. Cork have 1 or 2 very big men which make people think they are a far bigger team.

comethekingdom

I think people are getting a bit carried away by putting in Kerry as raging hot favourites against Meath but you have to realise that this is a Kerry team that has got beaten by Cork, Very close shaves against Longford, Sligo and Antrim and played a training session against a Dublin team that were beaten and threw in the towel after 38 secs last Monday. This Kerry team will not get the room or movement against Meath or Tyrone or Cork as they did agin Dublin. As Jack O Connor said" One swallow dosent make a summer" !. Complacency could be a serious factor here but I think JOC will have his homework done and wont approach this without caution.

Nailed On

Quote from: Frank Casey on August 09, 2009, 08:50:33 PM
Quote from: Nailed On on August 09, 2009, 06:47:37 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2009, 06:17:18 PM
Quote from: Nailed On on August 09, 2009, 05:48:43 PM
Kerry into 11/10 favourites for Sam now with Paddy Power due to their 'easy' semi final...

Quote from: Nailed On on August 09, 2009, 05:42:16 PM
Kerry now favourites with their so called easier semi final...

Odds from Paddy Power:

Kerry 11/10
Tyrone 13/8
Cork 4/1
Meath 12/1

Yeah you have said that a couple of times now, well done.

Thanks, means a lot getting a pat on the back from the board's resident p***k! I am guessing Frank can't speak for himself?

Nailed On - I can - so there.

And when you've ploughed what Mike Sheehy has harrowed then you can call him a p***k.

Well done on getting your fist out of his rectum long enough to type that reply.

blanketattack

I get a feeling that this Meath team is like the '96 team who came out of nowhere to win an All-Ireland.

Declan

Don't know whether it was the drink talking or not but a lot of very confident Royals around last night. Can't see them beating Kerry myself

INDIANA

Quote from: Declan on August 10, 2009, 10:57:53 AM
Don't know whether it was the drink talking or not but a lot of very confident Royals around last night. Can't see them beating Kerry myself

I can't either. their forwards will not the get the latitiude of no shadowing like they got from mayo yesterday. Kerry will not be as bad as mayo under the breaks either. Kerry by 6 for me. Only thing is Meath won't disgrace themselves . It'll be a good competitive game. Meath need to believe they can win.

slievegullion

Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2009, 11:08:07 AM
Quote from: Declan on August 10, 2009, 10:57:53 AM

I can't either. their forwards will not the get the latitiude of no shadowing like they got from mayo yesterday. Kerry will not be as bad as mayo under the breaks either. Kerry by 6 for me. Only thing is Meath won't disgrace themselves . It'll be a good competitive game. Meath need to believe they can win.

Like Dublin did?

meathie

can someone merge the two threads on this? 2 kerrry/meaths goin on!

blanketattack

What age are the Meath players? Anyone with a couple of minutes of spare time?
P O'Rourke ; E Harrington , A Moyles , C O'Connor ; M Burke , C McGuinness , C King ; N Crawford , B Meade ; P Byrne , J Sheridan , S Kenny ; D Bray , C Ward , B Farrell .  (also S Bray).

Frank Casey

Quote from: Nailed On on August 10, 2009, 08:50:57 AM
Well done on getting your fist out of his rectum long enough to type that reply.

Thats so funny ???
KERRY 3:7

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWell done on getting your fist out of his rectum long enough to type that reply.

No, I think we'll leave that kind of stuff to you and your boyfriend ONL...if what I read on other threads is to be believed.

outthecountry

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 10, 2009, 08:26:58 PM
QuoteWell done on getting your fist out of his rectum long enough to type that reply.

No, I think we'll leave that kind of stuff to you and your boyfriend ONL...if what I read on other threads is to be believed.

i'd say the average age on this website is about 12  when you look at the juvenile stuff that appears here. Sad.!

slievegullion

Quote from: outthecountry on August 10, 2009, 08:52:36 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 10, 2009, 08:26:58 PM

i'd say the average age on this website is about 12  when you look at the juvenile stuff that appears here. Sad.!

f**k off then.

comethekingdom

We can be treated to some right good inconsistency in refereeing !!

Sunday 30th Aug 2009
Time                  Venue                                     Team 1                                      Team 2                               Referee
3 30 PM             Páirc an Chrócaigh                        Meath                                        Kerry                     Gearoid O Conamha