Teams you would support outside of your own!!

Started by MadMayo, August 06, 2009, 02:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on August 06, 2009, 05:38:55 PM
Don't support anyone, just whoever is playing Tyrone, or Kerry (If they both are playing I support Tyrone...)

That's not support, that's being unnaturally and peculiarly benign towards us.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redgreenery

From Mayo

Once Mayo is out of whatever competition would like to see Sligo, Galway, Leitrim, Tyrone, Kildare and Laois progress, especially the connaught counties mentioned!

Like to see Kerry getting bet and the rossies (local rivalry), whoevers playing them!

FL/MAYO

From Mayo

1. Donegal as I lived there when I was teenager, I really enjoyed 1992 it gave me a taste of what it would be like if mayo ever manage to win it again.
2. I like Tyrone a lot due to spending some time up there with some good friends. I can see why they are so good, the passion for their clubs is something I have not witnessed in other counties.
3. Galway, neighbors but always a good time when we play weather we win or lose.

Farrandeelin

Would like to win: Donegal. Galway and Wexford (hurlers).

Don't give a damn about any other counties really. Don't like Kerry, Cork, Dublin Usen't like Meath.

As for other Connacht counties, well Leitrim are the only team I've never seen beating us so I'd shout for them in the league.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

CoDeo2

Would Support: Mayo. Always enjoy the banter with the mayo ones and after many trips down to castlebar for the league games i'd have alot of time for mayo folk.
                      Waterford & Offaly (Hurling)

imtommygunn

From Antrim

Would support: any ulster team and then I would  like to see Mayo win an AI.I would also like to see Dublin come good but doesn't look like that'll happen any time soon. I like waterford and galway in the hurling too.

Wouldn't support: I dunno but I think Spillane has turned half the country off Kerry. I never used to mind them.

Sandy Hill

From Armagh;

Have a grá for Meath, Mayo(was a great Ciaran McDonald fan), Kildare for obvious reasons, Donegal and also Kerry and Dublin when they're playing Tyrone or Down and I think I'm about to become a Cork supporter!
"Stercus accidit"

Onlooker

From Tipperary.
In football I always liked Down, Tyrone & Kildare.  I also like to see Limerick and Waterford do well in football (but definitely not in hurling).   In hurling I like Wexford.

magickingdom

from kerry,

love to see mayo and armagh do well
anyone playing cork ;D

tyssam5

Tyrone.

Would like to see Mayo do good, since they are so friggin unlucky. Also greatly enjoyed the 2 Tyrone Mayo minor finals last year, probably more even than the senior final.
I liked the Armagh team of the early 2000's a lot, kept away at it until they eventually got there. Can't say who I'd really support just depends on the game, surprising thing is there is no one I dislike anymore let alone hate, not even Derry. Must be the success of late, a barren spell would soon get those hatreds boiling up again!

Son_of_Sam

From Mayo

Would support
Roscommon (love the tradition)
Leitrim
Sligo
Galway (esp. the hurlers)
Clare
Cork (footballers)
Wexford (love the tradition of the hurlers)
Cavan (love the tradition)
Down (love the tradition)
Offaly (footballers (love the tradition)

Used to hate Meath, but strangely was begining to like them again, Sunday may change that again.

stevecw

From Carlow.
Would support Kildare & Galway in football. Have family in Kildare & mother is a Galway woman
In hurling always liked Wexford for no good reason & Galway for same reason as above.

Tend to support whoever plays against Wicklow or Laois too :)

A Quinn Martin Production

What happened to my post from yesterday??

From Antrim

Would support...any Ulster county doing well but esp Fermanagh (wife's county but I agree with what someone posted about some of their support) and Tyrone (you just have to admire them)
Outside Ulster...Roscommon and Leitrim (family connections)

In hurling...Galway (been very good to Antrim over the years) and the Dubs (good to see a "weaker" county develop)

Cannot stand.....Cork of course
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

High Wide and Handsome

From Derry

I always had a soft spot for Donegal but their supporter I was sitting beside this yr was a right p***k. Anyroad Donegal would be up there and then would always keep an eye out for ulster teams. Its hard but I sometimes even see myself on the tyrone bandwagon. (very rarely tho)

in hurling i have a soft spot for wexford. just minds me of being on holidays down there when i was younger and they were going well. good times
"Swing er over!"

bcarrier

From Down.

Support is maybe a bit much but I have enjoyed watching Kerry and Galway teams of last fifteen years in full flight and would have admiration for the Armagh achievement.    
I dont like Tyrone's win at all cost strategy but would admire individual players ( this has changed a bit in last few seasons - Dooher is well up in my estimation since he got the new boots and Gormley well down since he started the messing) . Canavan was a genius and B McGuigan, McGinley and Cavanagh great players.

I cant understand the Kerry haters - you might as well say you hate gaelic football IMO.