Teams you would support outside of your own!!

Started by MadMayo, August 06, 2009, 02:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Would support:
Rossies (mother from there, I used to live there  :o )
Leitrim (the constant underdog)
Waterford in hurling (not so much anymore since the way they treated Justin McCarthy and I don't like Davy Fitz)

After that, depends on the pairing, but I usually go for the underdog, or if a team is goading I'll be roaring against them!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mario

Quote from: Armamike on August 06, 2009, 04:43:14 PM
Support your own county and be done with it. Never could understand why anyone would support another county outside their own.
Do you not always want one team to win everytime you watch a match? I can't watch as a neutral.

From Derry

Would Support:
All Ulster teams, even Tyrone though sometimes feel dirty about this after.

Love to see the Dubs getting beat, i used to like them until i moved to Dublin,

ross4life

Support your own county and be done with it. Never could understand why anyone would support another county outside their own.

support doesn't mean we like them as much as our own team, it's more like saggy boobs been supported by a poor bra ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

No need to say where I'm from  ;)
Always like Offaly in football and hurling.
After that usually shout for whoever is playing Kerry/Dublin/Mayo/Galway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armamike

Quote from: Mario on August 06, 2009, 04:48:21 PM
Do you not always want one team to win everytime you watch a match? I can't watch as a neutral.

From Derry

Would Support:
All Ulster teams, even Tyrone though sometimes feel dirty about this after.

Love to see the Dubs getting beat, i used to like them until i moved to Dublin,

Generally speaking people route for the underdog. For me it's not really a case of supporting a particular side, but there are teams i have particularly disliked over the years and wouldn't have wanted to see winning.
That's just, like your opinion man.

rrhf

Mayo
Antrim
Dublin
Galway
Kildare
Clare Hurlers. 

Mid Down Gael

rrhf

Is that sarcy... I also noticed that some of thoise who hate Tyrone the most are from Down, and these guys actively support Kerry against Tyrone.  In keeping with tradition Ill always support the Ulster team at minor or seniors, but the teams above Ill watch for their results.   

SLIGONIAN

Obviously care about Sligo way more than the following,

But always supported Waterford Hurlers, have great friends from there but liked them before that, love the way they play, a big fan of mullane, kelly, shanahan, flynn, prender and mcgraths.

Have a soft spot for Kildare and the Dubs aswell, Like to see roscommon/leitrim do well in connacht not against us though.

Would support most underdogs like Antrim this yr. Would like carlow do get there act together. Would love to see Fermanagh and Limerick win there provinces in football.

Teams I cant stand, are mayo :o, cork for obvious reasons. Wouldnt like down after last yrs nfl game.

Hoping for  a Kerry Tyrone final, which would be some spectacle.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ardmhachaabu

From Armagh (obviously)

Can't say I support any other team to be honest about it apart from Antrim maybe as I have lived there long enough

Love seeing Tyrone, Dublin and Kerry get bate, doesn't matter who bates any of them either.  Never understood that some people can turn their allegiance to another county... couldn't do it myself
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

Armagh man.

I support no other County however I do like to see Antrim do well. I will always take Ulster teams except when it is Down and I would even rather they won if the were in an AIF against a team from a different province.

That said I would rather Kildare bate both Tyrone and Down at the minute because of McGeeney and Grimley, two Armagh legends.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shamrock Shore

For:

Mars, Jupiter, North Pole, Alaska, Solomon Islands, Vanuata, both East AND West Timor and most of Ireland

Agin:

Westmeath

That is all

moysider

From Mayo.

Used to support Connacht Counties but not anymore for obvious reasons. Not rooting against them or anything but just could nt care less about them.

I ve got a lot of time for this Tyrone team. More so than any of the champions of the past. If we dont win AI this year then I d love to see them do it again.

Rav67

You get a lot of the older folk in Ulster rooting for other Ulster sides, think thats mainly cos no Ulster side won an AI for so long before '91, also the political situation and partition had a lot to do with a common Ulster bond, though hopefully the necessity for that has lessened a bit and us Ulster folk don;t have to be as insular.

I don't necessarily shout for other Ulster teams although Antrim would be my second county due to family ties, always liked the Armagh team of Marsden et al too.  Its good to see the Dubs do well because of the crowd they bring.  Used to want to see Mayo do really well but thought they treated Mickey Moran pretty shabbily so don;t have any particular gra for them now.

Like to see beat- Tyrone, Kerry, Meath, Cork (cheated Derry out of 2000 minor semi-final and also the whole striking issues)