Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: ziggysego on August 05, 2009, 04:49:36 PM
Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on August 05, 2009, 10:34:52 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on August 05, 2009, 10:30:53 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 05, 2009, 10:23:13 AM
Good news

Tyrone's Enda McGinley is expected to be fit for their All-Ireland SFC semi-final against Cork.

McGinley injured his hamstring during training last month and subsequently missed the matches against Antrim in the Ulster SFC final and the quarter-final victory over Kildare.

His presence was missed in midfield in both games however and his return would be a huge boost to the All-Ireland champions against a physically strong Rebel midfield.

And that now looks likely after manager Mickey Harte revealed he was close to playing some part against Kildare.

Who was the Enda McGinley who came on as a sub in this game then ::)

Sshhh, that was another Enda McGinley.......we dont talk about him round these parts :P

Sssh, don't let it slip about the cloning factory here in Tyrone ;)
Sure isn't everyone in tyrone Enda McGinley at least once....
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

D4S

Lads I have a problem................This past few years unlike most people in the country I have 3 teams to follow! Up until recently I only ever had to really worry about 2 of them.  I'm a Down man married to a Tyrone woman, so I'd go to Down Ulster championship matches and the Tyrone ones with her and I'd genuinely support Tyrone unless of course they were playing Down.  Was always great this past few years after Down go out to still have a good interest as living in Tyrone you kind of can get swept up in the excitement.  Last years AI Final was unreal! 

However here lies my problem........My dad is a Cork man and I in fact was born in Cork, and I always like to see them doing well too (I've no other relations in Kerry by the way to try and jump on their bandwagon too).  As a result I'm kind of thinking, I may be drinking the Tyrone water day in day out but they say blood is thicker than water....and mine is 50% Cork blood.  The wife and in-laws will disown me if I jump on Cork's bandwagon and my dad will disown me if I don't support Cork.  What do I do???  I'm genuinely torn.....maybe I'll just see who's winning on the day and support them ;)

When it comes to the match I think it will be a titanic high scoring struggle, but I think Mickey Harte is so shrewd he'll manufacture another famous win and Tyrone will win with 3 points to spare.

Ps I'm ready for all the stick I am about to receive ;D
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

tyssam5

It is important to avenge '73! Not conceding 5 goal would be a start. Was reading about that Cork team, scored 5 vs Kerry, 5 vs Tyrone and 3 vs Galway in the final, with a 19yr old JBM to the fore, they must have has one of the most prolific goal records ever?

tyssam5

Quote from: D4S on August 05, 2009, 07:39:47 PM
Lads I have a problem................This past few years unlike most people in the country I have 3 teams to follow! Up until recently I only ever had to really worry about 2 of them.  I'm a Down man married to a Tyrone woman, so I'd go to Down Ulster championship matches and the Tyrone ones with her and I'd genuinely support Tyrone unless of course they were playing Down.  Was always great this past few years after Down go out to still have a good interest as living in Tyrone you kind of can get swept up in the excitement.  Last years AI Final was unreal! 

However here lies my problem........My dad is a Cork man and I in fact was born in Cork, and I always like to see them doing well too (I've no other relations in Kerry by the way to try and jump on their bandwagon too).  As a result I'm kind of thinking, I may be drinking the Tyrone water day in day out but they say blood is thicker than water....and mine is 50% Cork blood.  The wife and in-laws will disown me if I jump on Cork's bandwagon and my dad will disown me if I don't support Cork.  What do I do???  I'm genuinely torn.....maybe I'll just see who's winning on the day and support them ;)

When it comes to the match I think it will be a titanic high scoring struggle, but I think Mickey Harte is so shrewd he'll manufacture another famous win and Tyrone will win with 3 points to spare.

Get down to the bookies, flip a coin, get a good wedge of money on one team, then use that as your excuse to support them.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Stick from us? Nah, not at all, you Cork bast*rd!  ;)

Perhaps get O'Neills to make you one of those dual jerseys, half Tyrone and half Cork. Then it'd be a win-win for you*.

* Only until the game, then it would be a win-lose.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

D4S

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2009, 07:51:08 PM

Stick from us? Nah, not at all, you Cork bast*rd!  ;)

LOL :D :D!!! Good idea about puttin money on 1 of them and then I can justify my decision to the others.
It is a tough 1 for me to decide, I think I know who I would prefer to win but I can't say without offending....At least I'll be sure to have someone to support in the final ;D
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

ziggysego

Just tell your Da there's a woman involved. He'll understand.
Testing Accessibility

D4S

Quote from: ziggysego on August 05, 2009, 08:01:00 PM
Just tell your Da there's a woman involved. He'll understand.

Ziggy your wisdom is invaluable....If only I'd known it could be as easy as that to betray him and blame the woman ;)!

Mr. Nakata

3 weeks between games is a killer. Last year was a rollercoaster every week, then we could enjoy the build up to the final. My nerves will be shattered by the 23rd August. I won't get a chance to re-watch the 70 minutes against Kildare until the weekend, but I really need to see that before I can hazard a guess at what the beard might do regarding team selection for the rebel challenge. When you watch the game on the day, when you're so high up in the stand and the tension is almost too much, you tend to miss certain things. How did Jordan of all people get such a savaging, did Davy do enough defensively, did PJ deserve to get hauled ashore? How much treatment was meted out to Cavanagh? Sean can be expecting more of the same I'd say. At least there's the return of senior club football to keep us ticking over....

Jinxy

When are the beards going to be brought back?
They had a huge psychological effect on the opposition last year.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Aaron Boone

It's all 6 games, 6 wins, no extra-time in 09.
First qualifer game last yr v Louth was 19th July, weeks & weeks after the Down defeat. Beards was all they could do.

red hander

I'd heard a rumour the boys were all going to grow moustaches this year until it was pointed out they'd all look like Derry women, so the plan was dropped

qz

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 05, 2009, 07:41:23 PM
It is important to avenge '73! Not conceding 5 goal would be a start. Was reading about that Cork team, scored 5 vs Kerry, 5 vs Tyrone and 3 vs Galway in the final, with a 19yr old JBM to the fore, they must have has one of the most prolific goal records ever?

1973 Tyrone stuffed by Cork, my first visit to Croker. Tissue paper hats & still in the short trousers, with Jimmy Barry Murphy and his George Best locks making us  all cry the whole way home.
revenge is long overdue. As long as they don't  bring Jimmy Barry Murphy this time!

Still got the programme for that one, the Tyrone jerseys in the early 70S were the best we ever saw with white socks with red tops & of course no such thing as red shorts. Bring back the old  70's kit for the semi!

Bensars

Jasus dont mention the block HS. Some of those apple munchers are still crying conspiracy theory

ziggysego

I think we got away with it Bensars. Ssssh. No doubt Pints will be in here at 5.00pm on Sunday 23rd August to stir it up again though ;)
Testing Accessibility