GAABoard Fantasy NFL - Superbowl V - Champion Crowned

Started by AZOffaly, July 06, 2009, 12:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 28, 2009, 11:08:23 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 28, 2009, 07:32:22 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 28, 2009, 06:14:36 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 28, 2009, 05:27:53 PM
The Wicklow team Green Bay Packers will be interesting...
What do you mean by that?

probably because you has aoran rodgers your 1st round pick and green bay your 3 rd round pick ? are you a green bay fan by any chance ep  ;)
Maybe just a little....... :D

:D would never have guessed  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Lads, I was watching Match of the Day on BBC last night, and the League MOTD that came on afterwards. When the highlights of the other games, the roundup, was on, I'm convinced I heard Nick Halling doing the reports. Is he gone from Sky? Do they allow their NFL guy to do BBC work for soccer?

If he's left, what does that imply about the NFL coverage. I wish they'd release some info...

bombidal

I auto - drafted and got T Brady at end of 2nd round..... I mean talk about gifting me the league
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

mc_grens

It's only 4 points per throwing TD and PPR this yr Bombidone... Er... Bombidal. The top receivers and backs who catch passes are what you want.

gallsman

Didn't enter this but wish I had! Few questions though. I get the jist of the scoring system and QBs not being worth as much this year, but why leave Big Ben so late? Also, if receptions and rushing yards are big points wise, then someone should have snapped up Darren Sproles earlier- going to see a lot more game time this year!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: gallsman on August 31, 2009, 09:38:16 PM
Didn't enter this but wish I had! Few questions though. I get the jist of the scoring system and QBs not being worth as much this year, but why leave Big Ben so late?

Generally he doesn't tend to throw many touchdowns compared to some of the other QB's. He's usually not even in the top 10 most seasons. Not a bad backup though.

Minder

Rothlesberger has only thrown for more than 20 TD's once in his career, because of the weather in Pittsburgh as the season goes on the Steelers are more run orientated & obviously they rely on a great defence.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on August 31, 2009, 09:44:00 PM
Rothlesberger has only thrown for more than 20 TD's once in his career, because of the weather in Pittsburgh as the season goes on the Steelers are more run orientated & obviously they rely on a great defence.

Granted, I was looking at him as reliable more than a touchdown grabber. What about Parker then for their running game?

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on August 31, 2009, 09:45:47 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 31, 2009, 09:44:00 PM

Granted, I was looking at him as reliable more than a touchdown grabber. What about Parker then for their running game?

I don't think he will see as much action this year, Rashard Mendenhall (their first round pick in '08) should feature more heavily.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2009, 11:09:15 AM
Lads, I was watching Match of the Day on BBC last night, and the League MOTD that came on afterwards. When the highlights of the other games, the roundup, was on, I'm convinced I heard Nick Halling doing the reports. Is he gone from Sky? Do they allow their NFL guy to do BBC work for soccer?

If he's left, what does that imply about the NFL coverage. I wish they'd release some info...

when does the league start is it next week ? if so you would think that sky would announce some news about it
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Minder

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 01, 2009, 05:09:05 PM

when does the league start is it next week ? if so you would think that sky would announce some news about it

Thursday week, it's looking grim.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

declan85

Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2009, 05:36:42 PM

Sky only announced the La Liga deal 3-4 days before that started this year so heres hopin they get something sorted.
Either way i hope one (either sky or espn) gets all the coverage, that way i dont have to pay for both...

the onion bag

Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2009, 05:36:42 PM

Checked the EPG on Sky, ESPN is showing Clemson and Georgia Tech next Thursday night - If there's any hope its that Sky Sports 2 is showing Total Access until 1 o clock and there's no further information after 1 yet - normally the Thursday night programme started at 1am last year - fingers crossed we should know in a couple of hours whether it's yay or nay