Armagh v Down Ulster Minor Football Final 19-7-09

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, July 05, 2009, 01:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: corn02 on July 15, 2009, 01:19:43 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 15, 2009, 12:00:18 AM
Tickets going reasonably well in our club though I suppose you'd expect that with a club member on the starting XV. Looking forward to the day anyway.

Out of interest TAC, how many did St Pat's get?

Not really sure. Think it might have been about 50, we're putting in an order for a few more and since there'd a few tickets round the village from Robbie, it should be a reasonable enough turn out.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

harlechman

Quote from: ArmaghGAAforum on July 15, 2009, 11:42:16 AM
would just like to wish the Minors good luck on Sunday.  It won't be easy against a promising Down side but I think we have enough through the middle and up front to edge this one.  I see Armagh are 4/1 for the all-ireland......decent price and Dublin are a shorter price....didn't Armagh give Dublin a drubbing in the league?

They beat Dublin by 3 or 4 points in Killeavy, not exactly a drubbing. Armagh always looked in control though. True enough they destroyed Down but Down seem to have improved significantly since then. Saying that 4/1 is a decent price for the AI, neither Dublin or Kildare were impressive on Sunday with Armagh guaranteed to play one of them in the AI QF. Kildare looked the better team and should have won the game, they are 7/1 for the AI while the Dubs are 4/1...doesn't make much sense.

fred the red

Anyone got the handicap for this game?

i fancy armagh to win by at least 3.

harlechman

Armagh are 8/13 with PP so I'd imagine the handicap (if available) will be 2 points.

fred the red

Quote from: harlechman on July 15, 2009, 09:29:41 PM
Armagh are 8/13 with PP so I'd imagine the handicap (if available) will be 2 points.

cheers

Our Nail Loney

Bump for TAC and corn.

(Or you can go to the General Discussion and view your respective favourite soccer teams threads)

Upperbann

Eventually got signed on this board have been an observer for a long time but couldn't be arsed registering. Now i have want to wish the lads all the best on Sunday - think Armagh will be favourites but with young lads you never know what can happen on the day.  To our neighbours Armagh, please don't associate all Down fans with that arsehole Trevor Hill, he's actually one of the reasons i registered on the board but by the time i was verified the red mist had cleared and i couldn't be bothered replying.

Trevor Hill

Upperbann

corn02

Quote from: Upperbann on July 16, 2009, 12:35:38 PM
Welcome accepted by the sarcasm it deserves!

Another Clann na Banna man on board perhaps?

Upperbann

Jesus no - sorry for confusing the posters.  My mother hails from the area but am well and truely a South Down City resident.  Just have no imagination :(

corn02

Quote from: Upperbann on July 16, 2009, 12:45:29 PM
Jesus no - sorry for confusing the posters.  My mother hails from the area but am well and truely a South Down City resident.  Just have no imagination :(

I'm harldy one to talk - Corn 02 for f**k's sake.

It was a writer's block kind of day when I joined.

Minus15

Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2009, 12:47:10 PM

Judging by some of your recent work it hasn't quite cleared up yet has it?  :P

corn02

Quote from: Minus15 on July 16, 2009, 03:46:49 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2009, 12:47:10 PM

Judging by some of your recent work it hasn't quite cleared up yet has it?  :P

:P

In the Onion Bag

Corn, Minus & Trev,
I fear you are not treating this thread with the seriousness it deserves.  Does this reflect a general 'forgone conclusion' attitude by the Down men?