Central/South America

Started by doirebhoy, June 29, 2009, 12:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doirebhoy

thinking of heading to Central or South America with the brother

18days, anyone any advice, want maybe a week at a beach location followed by ten days of seeing a different part of the world, any thoughts

ziggysego

A mate of mine and a cousin of mine did it last year. I'll see what I can find out for you tonight.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: doirebhoy on June 29, 2009, 12:35:50 PM
thinking of heading to Central or South America with the brother

18days, anyone any advice, want maybe a week at a beach location followed by ten days of seeing a different part of the world, any thoughts
Don't be a lazy fecker and do a search on the board. It's time we had stickies for travel etc.

There is a South America thread no more than 2 or 3 pages down.

The Subbie

you'd need to narrow it down there a bit Doireboy Central America is from Mexican border with states to Panama/
Colombia border, looks small on map feels long when on a chicken bus from Guatemala to Honduras with a border crossing in between MADNESS!!!!!!!!

Have been to Central America, had 4 months though and had a ball, 18 days means you'll need to plan her well to get the most out of it.

Pick 2 countries and take it from there

The Iceman

yeah 18 days isn't a whole pile of time to see anything - maybe one country?
I spent about 7 weeks in Nicaragua alone.
I'd say head to Rio and take it from there - fly in and out of rio and make the rest up as you go along
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Subbie

Quote from: The Iceman on June 29, 2009, 08:06:19 PM
I spent about 7 weeks in Nicaragua alone.

was in Nicaragua for a few weeks meself, that Managua is some mad spot, thought Grenada was a nice enough spot

qz

Spent a few months in Latin america recently, & would recommend.

Antigua in Guatelmala  -historic former capital  - great base to see the country

Iguazu falls on the brazil;/paraguay/argentina borders – unbelieveable

Buenos Aires  - Argentina – great city & you could go see a Boca Juniors or River plate match