Mayo V Galway - Connacht Final Thread

Started by stephenite, June 24, 2009, 01:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

my agenda against JOM !!!!
i dont think criticizing whi seemed to only accept the job for reason politic and then turn out a mayo team that discarded its best player and turn in performances in the championship like mayo have since esp that loss to derry in 2007. there has been an upturn this year since the middle of the league that im prepared to believe in but we wont see the proof of that till connaught final day.
That's not an agenda just calling it as i see it
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

highorlow

Quotethen turn out a mayo team that discarded its best player

Why was he a sub in the club game last weekend?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

Quotedont think criticizing whi seemed to only accept the job for reason politic

That's below the belt, your a clown!

Quotethere has been an upturn this year since the middle of the league that im prepared to believe in but we wont see the proof of that till connaught final day.

How can the above be 'calling it as you see it"? Typical idle speculation and waffle from you as usual.

So no matter the result in the CF you will win. You will be able to re-commence your slating of one of the best managers in the game if we lose. Waffler.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: highorlow on July 08, 2009, 09:15:21 AM
Quotethen turn out a mayo team that discarded its best player

Why was he a sub in the club game last weekend?

because he just had a serious Knee injury he wasn't even 30% fit yet still came on and scored 2 points when needed. are you implying he was discarded by the club as well ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Barney

The loss of McGarrity is a cruel blow and makes a tough job even harder. We're great at shooting ourselves in the foot. No point in the county panel being engaged in a blame game. Let the County Board deal with that - the damage is done, the management and panel need to, and will focus on the job at hand.

I hope that there is a simple replacement made - Parsons for Ronan. It is the sensible one. Pat Harte is having his best ever year at number 10, leave him there, give Bradshaw something to think about. I don't think we will be hugely weakened by Parsons coming in. Where we lose out I feel is in options to come on - people talk about Seamus O'Shea but he hasn't played any serious intercounty football, so then you are looking at possibly moving Barry Moran back, switching Harte, or involving Billie Joe. I'm not a big fan of Heaney at midfield though, and would have hoped that a Parsons/McGarrity combination would have been picked.

That should be the only change.

Nicky Joyce and Joe Bergin will give Gardiner and Moran plenty to think about and that is where the game will be really won and lost. If the two lads can do well, we should be making inroads to a famous victory.

A novice corner-back like Vaughan could struggle against Armstrong. I think the lad is strong and pacey but his pace is there running in a straight-line and he could struggle if turned.

kevmy

Quote from: Barney on July 08, 2009, 09:32:40 AM
The loss of McGarrity is a cruel blow and makes a tough job even harder. We're great at shooting ourselves in the foot. No point in the county panel being engaged in a blame game. Let the County Board deal with that - the damage is done, the management and panel need to, and will focus on the job at hand.

I hope that there is a simple replacement made - Parsons for Ronan. It is the sensible one. Pat Harte is having his best ever year at number 10, leave him there, give Bradshaw something to think about. I don't think we will be hugely weakened by Parsons coming in. Where we lose out I feel is in options to come on - people talk about Seamus O'Shea but he hasn't played any serious intercounty football, so then you are looking at possibly moving Barry Moran back, switching Harte, or involving Billie Joe. I'm not a big fan of Heaney at midfield though, and would have hoped that a Parsons/McGarrity combination would have been picked.

That should be the only change.

Nicky Joyce and Joe Bergin will give Gardiner and Moran plenty to think about and that is where the game will be really won and lost. If the two lads can do well, we should be making inroads to a famous victory.

A novice corner-back like Vaughan could struggle against Armstrong. I think the lad is strong and pacey but his pace is there running in a straight-line and he could struggle if turned.

Agree with most of this but I don't think that Vaughan will start if L O'Malley is fit. The team that was named the last day had Higgins and O'Malley in the corners and if we can take anything from that it's probably that they are the first choices CB's for Johnno this year.

rosnarun

QuoteSo no matter the result in the CF you will win. You will be able to re-commence your slating of one of the best managers in the game if we lose. Waffler.
please file this  in the archive section untill further proof is available
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

AbbeySider

Quote from: rosnarun on July 08, 2009, 08:52:45 PM
QuoteSo no matter the result in the CF you will win. You will be able to re-commence your slating of one of the best managers in the game if we lose. Waffler.

Ros you are a waffler. So much so that I rarely read your posts.

Whether you like it or not JOM is a decorated player and regarded as one of the best managers in the game.

He won All Ireland titles playing for Mayo Minors and Mayo U21s in the 70's.

He managed Mayo Under-21s to an All-Ireland title in 1983.
He managed Mayo senior team to back-to-back Connacht titles in 1988 and 1989.
He narrowly lost out to Cork in 1989 with Mayo Senior team.
He managed Leitrim to their first ever Connacht title in 1994 (one of, if not his biggest achievement)

And not forgetting, he won All Ireland Senior Championships with Galway in 1998 and 2001.

Also in 2009 he was named in the Sunday Tribune's list of the 125 Most Influential People In GAA History.

Your personal attacks, assaults of character, and name-calling directed and JOM was and is pathetic.

highorlow

Quotebecause he just had a serious Knee injury he wasn't even 30% fit yet still came on and scored 2 points when needed. are you implying he was discarded by the club as well ?

Ok, thks for clarifying that, i presumed that he is edging towards the old age category, thats all.

QuoteHe won All Ireland titles playing for Mayo Minors and Mayo U21s in the 70's.

He managed Leitrim to their first ever Connacht title in 1994 (one of, if not his biggest achievement)

And not forgetting, he won All Ireland Senior Championships with Galway in 1998 and 2001.

Also in 2009 he was named in the Sunday Tribune's list of the 125 Most Influential People In GAA History.

Plus his involvements and achievements with Ballina and St.Bridget's at club level.

INDIANA

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 08, 2009, 09:42:31 PM

Whether you like it or not JOM is a decorated player and regarded as one of the best managers in the game.

Your personal attacks, assaults of character, and name-calling directed and JOM was and is pathetic.

Hypocritical really. i could pull out numerous posts from last year of the same Mayo fans slating JOM. So make up your mind lads.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on July 08, 2009, 10:06:18 PM

Hypocritical really. i could pull out numerous posts from last year of the same Mayo fans slating JOM. So make up your mind lads.

Go on then.
MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

Quote from: highorlow on July 08, 2009, 10:01:33 PM
Quotebecause he just had a serious Knee injury he wasn't even 30% fit yet still came on and scored 2 points when needed. are you implying he was discarded by the club as well ?

Ok, thks for clarifying that, i presumed that he is edging towards the old age category, thats all.

your welcome don't know what age you have to be to be in the old age category but he is a year younger than Jason Sherlock. then again your attitude doesn't surprise me.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

highorlow

Quotedon't know what age you have to be to be in the old age category

em, maybe ask some of the Armagh posters?

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on July 08, 2009, 10:16:19 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 08, 2009, 10:06:18 PM

Go on then.

No problem give me a day to do it. I find this defence of Johnno hilarious.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: highorlow on July 08, 2009, 10:27:08 PM
Quotedon't know what age you have to be to be in the old age category

em, maybe ask some of the Armagh posters?

??? ??? you not John o' mahony by any chance. you call ros a clown because he gives his opinion on why he thought o'mahony took the job (i agree with ros by the way but sure you can't say that here) and then as some sort of a comeback because  ros mentioned the disguarding of mayos's best player you have a cheapshot at mc by implying that Mc was discarded by his club this week when in fact nothing could be further from the truth but as i said that doesn't surprise me
Crossmolina Deel Rovers