Mayo V Galway - Connacht Final Thread

Started by stephenite, June 24, 2009, 01:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 03, 2009, 07:43:27 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 03, 2009, 03:44:39 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on July 03, 2009, 01:22:06 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 02, 2009, 10:25:21 PM
Can't let this one pass. You weren't too lethal when you had an open goal from two yards out and you put it wide with no one near you in a recent junior match in Clogher! Plenty of space that time Abbeysider! It made Ronnie Rosenthal look like Torres! :D
:D :D :D
I volleyed it off a rebound off the keeper ya smartass !
I had the reflexes of a Cat just to get anything on it at all !  ;) :P  :D :D :D

Who won that game by the way?

Cat was the word I heard as well.

Cat malowgin.

Quote from: ludermor on July 03, 2009, 08:30:22 PM
http://catmalojian.com/Cat%20Malojian%20Homepage.htm

:D Will I ever live this one down?  :D 

AbbeySider

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 03, 2009, 04:36:09 PM
I was dumbfounded when I heard that there was going to be a 6/7 day turnaround for the losers of this game, I thought that there were procedures in place to stop this happening again after the outcry from other counties put in this position before in years gone by?
It's very unfair on whichever team comes out on the wrong side of the result, they will be facing into a qualifier against a team on a roll regardless of who they are drawn against.

The losers of the Connaught final will be playing the following week, and the following week (if they win), and the following week after that again (if they win again). That third game is the All Ireland Quarter Finals stage around the 1st/2nd weekend in August. Then the All Ireland Semi finals will follow 3 weeks later.

If you are a club player from either county then the qualifies are a disaster for club fixtures.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 04, 2009, 01:48:46 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 03, 2009, 04:36:09 PM
I was dumbfounded when I heard that there was going to be a 6/7 day turnaround for the losers of this game, I thought that there were procedures in place to stop this happening again after the outcry from other counties put in this position before in years gone by?
It's very unfair on whichever team comes out on the wrong side of the result, they will be facing into a qualifier against a team on a roll regardless of who they are drawn against.

The losers of the Connaught final will be playing the following week, and the following week (if they win), and the following week after that again (if they win again). That third game is the All Ireland Quarter Finals stage around the 1st/2nd weekend in August. Then the All Ireland Semi finals will follow 3 weeks later.

If you are a club player from either county then the qualifies are a disaster for club fixtures.

Not quite true. The losers will go into the final round of the qualifiers and then, if they win, back into the quarter-finals. It will only be one extra game.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

moysider

McGarrity on his way to hospital with what looks like a fractured cheekbone. Just in the door from game. Ballina clueless and Cross good value for 5 point win. But games between these two sides have become bitter and vicious. Last 2 Championship meetings especially.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2009, 04:11:45 PM
McGarrity on his way to hospital with what looks like a fractured cheekbone. Just in the door from game. Ballina clueless and Cross good value for 5 point win. But games between these two sides have become bitter and vicious. Last 2 Championship meetings especially.

agree with you there moysider and they never used to be like that there seems to be a lot of bad blood between the players
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

moysider

Quote from: joemamas on July 05, 2009, 04:49:17 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 05, 2009, 04:30:16 PM

agree with you there moysider and they never used to be like that there seems to be a lot of bad blood between the players

Call me crazy, but when somebody is whacked off the ball after one minute, it smells of premeditation, which is all the more interesting considering who the manager of crossmolina is.

if he is out advantage Galway, and our season will most likely be over before august. O Mahoney must be really pissed off.

Nothing to do with the Cross manager. Only the player involved has a case to answer. There is video of the match available. Everybody knows who threw it but the video will be needed to confirm it as the ref or linesmen saw nothing - or in the case of the linesmen choose not to see anything.

Whatever about advantage Galway or not it s besides the point really. Not sure Cross people bothered if Ronan misses Galway or not. Winning today most important as far as they re concerned and these things will happen. Luckily for county Harte and Gardiner emerged unscathed and both heavily targeted, especially Harte, as he was the only real threat Ballina had. The only issue now is to find out what happened and deal with it.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2009, 05:01:00 PM

Call me crazy, but when somebody is whacked off the ball after one minute, it smells of premeditation, which is all the more interesting considering who the manager of crossmolina is.

if he is out advantage Galway, and our season will most likely be over before august. O Mahoney must be really pissed off.

Nothing to do with the Cross manager. Only the player involved has a case to answer. There is video of the match available. Everybody knows who threw it but the video will be needed to confirm it as the ref or linesmen saw nothing - or in the case of the linesmen choose not to see anything.

did you see what happened moysider ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

moysider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 05, 2009, 05:07:00 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2009, 05:01:00 PM

did you see what happened moysider ?

Yeah. Heard it too. Yer man was lucky to be taken off early in second half after taking some retribution himself. That took the heat out of the game and Mac came on and settled it. Yer man came on again for the injured Lavelle  before the end. By then everybody had lost interest in going for him.

moysider

Of course McGarrity would be targeted for attention. It happened in county final 06 too when he was roughed up on the pitch and subjected to vile abuse by some supporters. Obviously he s seen as a bit soft by some. But not for one second do I believe that Maughan told that young fella to give Ronan a shot in the jaw. He choose to conduct himself that way and I ve no doubt he will be punished. I m sure if, as it looks, Ronan has suffered a bad injury Crossmolina as a club will want to look at what happened. I know if Jimmy Nallen, Mac or Peadar got done like that by by a Ballina player I would not be a happy camper. Although there appears to be little respect for McGarrity in some Cross quarters I m sure the club will do the right thing when things calm down. Today was supercharged and some of the Cross players triumphalism at the end looked illjudged in the circumstances. It ll be interesting to see how this is handled.

the Deel Rover

i have can honestly say that would never have happened , i saw what happened as well and Ronan threw slaps as well unfortunately he got hit by one as well . thats nonsense that just because he happened to receive a slap and the fact that he is mayo's midfielder that it was an arranged tactic , if thats the case we in cross could have been giving out for years for some of the treatment that our lads got as well. you might not like maughan but in fairness he can not control the actions of both sets of players when they go on the field.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

moysider

Feck, my message and Joemamas seems to have got jumbled.

Just want to point out that no way am I blaming Maughan for what happened. Can anybody fix the above message.

the Deel Rover

i know you weren't moysider . just delete joemamas quote
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

dodo

Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2009, 05:47:27 PM

Just want to point out that no way am I blaming Maughan for what happened. Can anybody fix the above message.

Just cut and paste the 'quote' in brackets below your own comments and put where joemamas' comment finishes

joemamas

Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2009, 05:47:27 PM

Moysider, sorry about jumbled messages. To clarify my earlier comments,I am not blaming Maughan for what happened to Mcgarrity, but when something happens so early in a game you wonder are a team pscyked up too much.

Bottom line if he is out for Mayo then it is potentially a lost opportunity, as I believe we were buliding a team to potentially challenge for an all ireland in two to three years. A run into August this year could have helped that cause especially with some of the younger players gaining some needed experiance. I hope that chance will not be lost.

joemamas

I also removed deleted earlier posts to avoid any confusion. I was very frustrated to hear of the potential injury