Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Nah don't like the cut of that

That isn't why most people wanna play computer games

thebigfella

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 03, 2009, 03:26:15 PM

Completely disagree, I know your a Sony fanboy but why have they come with their own take on it then? Nintendo and games like guitar hero have proved that there is a big market for this interactivity. It won't completely replace the regular controller but it does pitch them into the Wii's more casual/family market.

I spoke to a journalist mate who was at the E3 conference and everyone is raving about this. Sony's solution is less impressive but what strikes me about them is the ability to play in 3 dimensions (instead of swinging your arms on the Wii), for example if you step forward, the avatar/character moves forward too. From a technical point of view it's miles ahead of the Wii.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

thebigfella

Quote from: Gnevin on June 03, 2009, 03:59:17 PM
Nothing but vapourware at the moment

Hardly vapourware as the technology has been demoed (before the E3 announcement but by 3DV) and they are aiming for release next year. Probably still a way to go before it's ready for market but I would expect them to be releasing development tools for Studio's not too long from now so there can be a few games to accompany the release.

Gnevin

Quote from: thebigfella on June 03, 2009, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on June 03, 2009, 03:59:17 PM
Nothing but vapourware at the moment

Hardly vapourware as the technology has been demoed (before the E3 announcement but by 3DV) and they are aiming for release next year. Probably still a way to go before it's ready for market but I would expect them to be releasing development tools for Studio's not too long from now so there can be a few games to accompany the release.

Demoed  == shown to work  with the few demo  movements they knew it would work with. There was no press use of it, we've no idea how it works to the end user ..... the definition of vapourware
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Archie Mitchell

Seems pretty cool but will be limited to certain games, the way the Wii is only good for certain games. e.g How would you play Pro Evo on this?

Did Sony not have something similar, though less complicated, to this with the EyeToy?

pintsofguinness

Agree to an extent Niall, most serious gamers imo wouldnt be in to running around the living room but this would be an attempt by microsoft to break into the Wii/family fun etc market and by going on the sales of the wii there are a serious amount of people out there who are into running around the living room. 

Personally I wouldnt be too interested in it but from a marketing and business point of view it's a wise move.

Not convinced it would work well on a lot of games though. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Can see some amount of injuries after someone puts on a multiplayer boxing game after a few drinks .

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 03, 2009, 07:34:31 PM

Agree to an extent Niall, most serious gamers imo wouldnt be in to running around the living room but this would be an attempt by microsoft to break into the Wii/family fun etc market and by going on the sales of the wii there are a serious amount of people out there who are into running around the living room. 

Personally I wouldnt be too interested in it but from a marketing and business point of view it's a wise move.

Your just not into running I'd say  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 03, 2009, 08:07:52 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 03, 2009, 07:34:31 PM

Your just not into running I'd say  ;)
True, or any type of movement which is not strictly necessary!

I complain when I've to get up of the couch to go change a game!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?