Mobile Phone...

Started by girt_giggler, May 13, 2009, 11:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

There's probably umpteen mobile phone threads on here but just thought I'd start a fresh one...

Due an upgrade shortly, anyone any recommendations as to what I should get....Past 2 phones have been Sony Ericsson, k800 (was a great phone) & K850i (which kept having to be fixed).  Liking the look of the C905 Cyber shot, but then again wary of sony ericsson after most recent hope.

Anyone any views or any other phones they recommend...?

screenmachine

I myself have the cybershot C905 and havent had any bother with it.  I did crack the screen but that was due to having my phone in my pocket at my desk and would probably have happened with any phone.  My phone no longer stays in my pocket at work.  :D
The camera is great as you'd expect with 8.1megapixels and I recently downloaded a few updates which are cool, one of them allows you to view messages like conversations ala the iphone style of messaging.
Probably the only phone I would choose ahead of it would be an iphone at the mo and I will more than likely go with an iphone when my contract is up!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

girt_giggler

Posted the same thing on another forum I use, they saying stay away...keeps breaking etc.  it does look a nice piece of technology though....

Archie Mitchell

the iPhone is the one to get. Best phone on the market.

armaghniac

I have an SE W595, happy enough so far. Sony Ericsson had a bad patch a year or two ago, there seems to be less hassle with the recent models.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

Avoid the N73 at all costs. That phone gave me nothing but heart-ache for 18 months.

Recently got myself an iPhone 3G from O2. Class wee phone and I'd highly recommend it.
Testing Accessibility

rage

Have an N95 over a year now and no problems with it whatsoever, good phone

fitzroyalty

Whats the closest model available to the sony ericsson k800i? I've had mine since it came out (3 yrs) and it's been great wee phone, its been down the toilet and back again and have had no problems apart from battery life, anyone in the know recommend something similar I could upgrade to?

girt_giggler

The 'next' one up from it was the k850i, but avoid!

Been alot of years since been with nokia, seriously thinking about heading back that way if this C905 aint good...

Candyman

C905 is a disaster. Great features etc... WHEN IT WORKS!!! Constantly freezing, switching off etc and having to be sent away for repair.
At the min Nokia 5800 is a cracking phone although the camera is only 3.2mp

thebandit

Any word of the iPhone coming out on Vodafone?

Candyman

no chance!! Vodafone are ket... anyone in the mid ulster area wanting to get away from vodafone etc PM me and i'll sort ye out!!  ;D

westmayo

QuoteThe 'next' one up from it was the k850i, but avoid!

Why avoid, I've had it for over a year, never had a day's bother with her at all, great phone if a bit bulky,

girt_giggler

know about a dozen folk, myself included who've had to send it back 2/3/4 times!  screen just dies!

westmayo

Quoteknow about a dozen folk, myself included who've had to send it back 2/3/4 times!  screen just dies!
Guess I got lucky so with mine, never really had any probs with phones down the years, would like to get and iphone, but the contracts in the republic for them on O2 are very price for what you get in terms of mins and texts