Adrian Logan leaves UTV

Started by king of leon, April 24, 2009, 03:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king of leon

Last day at UTV for Logey, thought he was a decent enough presenter. I wonder will this have an impact on the Gaa coverage at the station?

His interview with Brian Dooher in Aughnacloy after the AI final last year was quality!! ;D

under the bar

QuoteHis interview with Brian Dooher in Aughnacloy after the AI final last year was quality!!

Heard all about it but have yet to see it.  Anyone got a link?

orangeman

Yes - last day at the office but sadly he's not leaving on good terms - solicitors are involved - look at the piece in the Irish News - Logie tried his best to keep the GAA flag flying amidst very trying and difficult circumstances. His midweek programme of a few yers ago The Championship, was it, was always something to look forward to.

Good luck Adrian.

Minder

Quote from: king of leon on April 24, 2009, 03:25:28 PM
Last day at UTV for Logey, thought he was a decent enough presenter. I wonder will this have an impact on the Gaa coverage at the station?

His interview with Brian Dooher in Aughnacloy after the AI final last year was quality!! ;D

It will have no effect i would say. Why is he leaving anyway? Did he get the boot?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Sad to see him go. One of the better GAA presenters and certainly the best of those involved in the northern stations. Had a relaxed affable style that worked well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 24, 2009, 03:34:39 PM
Sad to see him go. One of the better GAA presenters and certainly the best of those involved in the northern stations. Had a relaxed affable style that worked well.
My thoughts exactly. Who flys the flag now? Frank Mitchell?

king of leon

Quote from: Minder on April 24, 2009, 03:32:41 PM
Quote from: king of leon on April 24, 2009, 03:25:28 PM

It will have no effect i would say. Why is he leaving anyway? Did he get the boot?

Cumpusory redundancy due to finincial cutbacks, same old story.  Im sure he'l get a good run now at club corporate function and the like, probably a decent wee earner!! :)

haranguerer

Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 24, 2009, 03:35:37 PM
God, please no! He was embarassing on 'The Championship' - like a child that had to be tolerated. Didnt seem to have even a cursory knowledge of GAA. Practically everything he said was ridiculous.

Pity about Logie, always seemed to be a good GAA man. Bound to have an impact on UTVs coverage, and it'll give that idiot ex rugby international with the glasses (cant rem his name) more air time, which will mean more coverage for rugger and hockey, and a lot less for GAA.

goal and a point

It said in the tyrone times on tuesday in regard to him and jerome quinn finishing utv and bbc and that their would be legal action ahead from both. any indications?

Minder

Quote from: haranguerer on April 24, 2009, 03:54:12 PM
God, please no! He was embarassing on 'The Championship' - like a child that had to be tolerated. Didnt seem to have even a cursory knowledge of GAA. Practically everything he said was ridiculous.

Pity about Logie, always seemed to be a good GAA man. Bound to have an impact on UTVs coverage, and it'll give that idiot ex rugby international with the glasses (cant rem his name) more air time, which will mean more coverage for rugger and hockey, and a lot less for GAA.

Well if as you are saying Logan had a say in the programmes output he has a lot to answer for.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

irunthev

Logie seemed a personable sort of fellow but a good presenter he was not. I couldn't stand listening to him, he had no flow to the way he spoke and often when he was reading stuff out it was like listening to some kid in P7. Could never have seen him make it on to TV anywhere else other than Northern Ireland. Seemed a decent fella though, just not a great presenter.

king of leon

Nigel Carr I think his name is. Makes you wanna smash the tv!!!

T O Hare

Frank would be steeped in Gaa, numerous, county, Ulster and All-Ireland medals with Burren!!!!

always laughed when Logie always went to the most glamourous destinations with UTV ;D ;D ;D ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

shamateur gaels

Good that I will not be seeing the fat smug dungannon twwat on my tv again.

Now only if some clubs wised the fcuk up having him as a MC for functions.

haranguerer

Quote from: Minder on April 24, 2009, 03:57:11 PM

Well if as you are saying Logan had a say in the programmes output he has a lot to answer for.

Hes bound to have had some say. It may have been bad, but it just got worse I'd say. You think now with the only presenter who had an interest in the GAA gone, the coverage wont suffer?!