Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laceer

Takes 20 words to say what could be said in 5. His book was much easier read

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Winnie Peg on December 17, 2010, 03:13:58 PM
Does anyone agree that Micky Harte's column in the Irish News is the most boring load of tripe that anyone could try to read. If it's not the Aussie rules it's the fecking railway cup. Has his needle stuck?
He would need to talk better than write or I couldn't see how he could motivate anybody, never mind a football team,

Managed teams to 3 All Ireland titles,a national league,2 under 21 all irelands,an All Ireland Minor and an Ulster Club. Won multiple (9 I thinkl) ulster titles as a manger at senior, u21 and minor level. I'd say his motivation skills must be ok.

TYRONE HACK

Just heard tonight that the Omagh ladies match is now on in January, any dates pease

ziggysego

Quote from: TYRONE HACK on December 18, 2010, 12:08:56 AM
Just heard tonight that the Omagh ladies match is now on in January, any dates pease

January 23rd 2011.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TYRONE HACK on December 18, 2010, 12:08:56 AM

Aye. I think the full forward and corner back are single. I don't have any numbers for them though. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

LeoMc

Quote from: tyrone86 on December 17, 2010, 02:26:41 AM
Quote from: tyroneboi on December 16, 2010, 09:05:06 PM
Just the two new faces in the McKenna Cup squad I see - Aidan McCrory from Errigal and Stephen McNally from Coalisland.

Jesus wept. Is there really nothing else coming through in the county that for the fecking McKenna Cup that a THIRD of the men on the panel are over 30 and between the 25 men named there's the guts of 40 Celtic crosses? You really couldn't make it up. 

J Curran, P McConnell, D Carlin, C Gormley, D Harte, C McCarron, D McCaul, R McMenamin, R McNabb, PJ Quinn, M Swift, A McCrory, S McNally, S Cavanagh, K Hughes, A Cassidy, C Cavanagh, M Donnelly, K Coney, E McGinley, B McGuigan, R Mulgrew, O Mulligan, S O'Neill, M Penrose.

Not going to learn anything from these lads.
Just taking up spaces which could be given to younger players to get a chance to prove themselves. Add another 7 to the 13 I have left in and give those 20 a fair crack at it, at least 2 x 60 minutes each, not just a half game here or there.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Winnie Peg on December 17, 2010, 03:13:58 PM
Does anyone agree that Micky Harte's column in the Irish News is the most boring load of tripe that anyone could try to read. If it's not the Aussie rules it's the fecking railway cup. Has his needle stuck?
He would need to talk better than write or I couldn't see how he could motivate anybody, never mind a football team,

boring and pretentious! wouldn't even buy the irish news on a friday its that bad!!!

twenty one yard free

ah he can t see past errigal when adding new players didnt see many clonoe men given a shout after their win in 08
Is he gonna stick to same gerryattricks as last yeae seems to me doesn t matter how many wides u kick u will get stay on

Redhand Santa

Quote from: twenty one yard free on December 21, 2010, 07:58:44 PM
ah he can t see past errigal when adding new players didnt see many clonoe men given a shout after their win in 08
Is he gonna stick to same gerryattricks as last yeae seems to me doesn t matter how many wides u kick u will get stay on

2 or 3 Clonoe boys have been given chances in recent years and simply weren't good enough for county level. I'm quite happy that Harte isn't biased against any clubs in Tyrone and there is a good spread of players throughout the county.

I would have liked to see more experimenting in the McKenna Cup. However having watched a good bit of club football this year I'm not convinced there's that many players that would make a difference. Ronan O'Neill has plenty of potential but probably too young. Also the best young players in the county were called in last year and hopefully from this year on we'll start to see the benefit of that.

Zapatista

Quote from: twenty one yard free on December 21, 2010, 07:58:44 PM

I think Clonoe were more than the sum of their parts in 08.

Knock Yer Mucker In

IMO Damian Burke is county material.

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on December 22, 2010, 11:09:49 AM
IMO Damian Burke is county material.

What was Damian Cassidy's view on Burke, KYMI, because he picked some rare players for Derry when he was in charge. Some boys wouldnt have got their place on an intermediate team.

Aaron Boone

I have given out about the dependence on the veterans before, but if Tyrone win Ulster in 2011, then it's the first 3-in-a-row since Down 1959-61 and before that Cavan 1947-49.
Some achievement.