Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Quarterback on May 08, 2007, 03:08:49 PM
Quote from: Keals on May 08, 2007, 02:44:50 PM
Screw the whole senior Championship, Intermediate is were it is happing, it the tighest league by a mile, and any body can beat any body, well with the exception of Brockagh and Aghaloo cause there crap ;D Ther preliminary rounds should be very interseting to say the least, and opinions on who will come out on top, and more to the point when they rae due to be played???

Is this guy having a laugh?  Senior championship is where it all happens...The quickest & highest standard of football.  I not putting down intermediate or junior football but i know which medal id like to have in my back pocket...and would be respected the more for it...Thats the way it is in tyrone now, the standard is that high.

That's highly insulting. When Greencastle was in the Junior ranks last year, I witnessed some highly skilled games of football. Some that would put the Seniors to shame.
Testing Accessibility

laceer

Quote from: ziggysego on May 08, 2007, 03:13:59 PM
Screw the whole senior Championship, Intermediate is were it is happing, it the tighest league by a mile, and any body can beat any body, well with the exception of Brockagh and Aghaloo cause there crap ;D Ther preliminary rounds should be very interseting to say the least, and opinions on who will come out on top, and more to the point when they rae due to be played???

Is this guy having a laugh?  Senior championship is where it all happens...The quickest & highest standard of football.  I not putting down intermediate or junior football but i know which medal id like to have in my back pocket...and would be respected the more for it...Thats the way it is in tyrone now, the standard is that high.

That's highly insulting. When Greencastle was in the Junior ranks last year, I witnessed some highly skilled games of football. Some that would put the Seniors to shame.

do you have a notion what club football is about quarterback?it's not just about big teams winning senior championships..it's also about the small clubs who might struggle for years even to field a team.it makes the good days for these clubs all the sweeter as i'm sure ziggy will agree.teams in div 2 or 3 aren't thinkin when they're playin "this is a poor standard,wish i was playin div 1!!!"catch a grip

Quarterback

Im not intending to insult anyone, yes Greencastles achievement was superb, and would never dare put them, or any other team down.  

Now you say youve witnessed some highly skilful games which im sure you have but at an intermediate level.  The gulf in class is immennse and understandable.  Senior football is hard, its tough, and in my opinion a much higher degree off respect (respect from the county as a whole, not just locally) is generated for a player playing at the highest level as for that @ lower levels.  And no dont start listing out conunty men in the lower dividions im talking about the average joe bloggs

Quarterback

Quote from: laceer on May 08, 2007, 03:27:02 PM

do you have a notion what club football is about quarterback?it's not just about big teams winning senior championships..it's also about the small clubs who might struggle for years even to field a team.it makes the good days for these clubs all the sweeter as i'm sure ziggy will agree.teams in div 2 or 3 aren't thinkin when they're playin "this is a poor standard,wish i was playin div 1!!!"catch a grip

I do have a notion off what club football is about and if you read my post im not putting anty teams down....Im from a small club myself who has never won a championship....The point im making is.....Look at the coverage the lower divisions get as apposed to 1a, my local papers dont even cover 1b, y is this? Is it because its less thought off.  Thats the angle im taking on this, im not putting down teams!!

King Chancer

Back to real football. carmen are out of the championship and to me i dont blame the players in the slightest. they are always dead on their feet the 1st 15 minutes of any game thats the 4th time this year they have trailed midway through the second half so maybe actually most likely the team talks arent correct or motivating. too many men talking and not telling the right things to players. tell the likes a mickey gallagher james nugent and paul hughes to come down of the clouds and take a few others with you. conor gormley is the main man who has been in excellent form this year leading from his captains role although his sending off was a major factor. oz could not be faulted for the 2 goals. y did they stop playing the long ball in from the middle a pitch it was working until they stopped this and clonoe equalised. to me our best player was ciaran mcaleer closely followed by paul daly. benny martin and conor mcaleer never stopped running in attack but maco is finding it difficult to regain his scoring form. its obvious we missed peter loughran and mark donnelly and defiently the fact gaby was unable till come on is the final blow. a massive loss for us. best of luck to clonoe u have good players in shane ohagan and colm donnelly

clarshack

realredhandfan - just had a few donaghmore people telling me over the last couple of years that we are shite - wouldnt even beat donaghmore reserves etc, intermediate and junior football is shite etc, even though the same people were happy to win an intermediate in 1996. thats all. dont worry i still like donaghmore! sure half of our senior team live there now!

Quarterback

Chattin to a carmen stalwart before sundays game and i was asking how he thought the lads would do...his reply sumwat suprised me...He reckoned too many of the lads in the team have got county medals to easy, and too early hence the pride in wearing the jersy for a few of the younger lads had gone...Pride i thought would never be an issue with carmen men....

On another note ive seen alot of talk on the board about conor gormley and his antics....few people have failed to mention that at the end of the game it was he, who was pulling the manager and his player away from giving the referee a hard time...

realredhandfan

Agh Clarshack dont make sweeping statements then, theres a few arseholes in every area,  I could have said something about Stewartstown always fighting etc, but they dont often V ballymacnab it was out of character and they suffered for it.  Generalisations are unfair.  Stewartstown, Greencastles and pomeroys and also Errigalsachievements  on a provincial and AIstage over the past few seasons have been the highlights  for tyrone club football, they have raised the bar for all other clubs.  If you no somebodys talking shite then tell them, but dont tar an entire club.  Ive a few good friends in tintown ;)  Donaghmore used to bounce like a rubber ball between divisions they can be proud of their efforts in maintaining stability but as yet have achieved absolutely nothing in senior football.  

King Chancer

quarter back you are spot on. plunkett mccallan, paul daly, kevin gormley, ciaran mcaleer, colm mcgurk, conor gormley, conor mcaleer and kevin mcnally know what its like to win championships and how till play in championship games with your heart on your sleeve. i have listed 8 which is a meesly half the starting team on sunday. michael mccallan and benny martin cant be faulted for their efforts as they are too young.
yes your right conor gormley pulled his own father rom the ref on sunday. sean is a looser anyway and should be banned

KIDDO

Was up at the feile , only saw the final.

Final Whistle

Workmanlike performance from the riverside team on Sunday. Nothing spectacular and could have been caught out if not for a brilliant save by the ever improving Barry Gribben. The game was not allowed to flow whatsoever, poor referee who seemed to tick or card Aghayarn players at any oppertunity. Useful workout for Big Sean who has yet to regain full fitness since the foot injury. Paidraig Laverty probably man of the match, great reader of the game. Next up is Kildress and a much improved performance is required all round if the Moy are to progress any further. Lets all hope Penrose has a quick recovery after be2ing scythed down by an angry Armagh man!!!! ::)  ;D ::)

KIDDO

Omagh cbs qualfied for the Brock cup 4th year competition semi final,with a victory over St Marys Belfast , this afternoon , at Pearse og  grounds in Armagh.

Red Nose Red Hand

I do have a notion off what club football is about and if you read my post im not putting anty teams down....Im from a small club myself who has never won a championship....The point im making is.....Look at the coverage the lower divisions get as apposed to 1a, my local papers dont even cover 1b, y is this? Is it because its less thought off.  Thats the angle im taking on this, im not putting down teams!!
[/quote]

What local papers cover only 1a? you're getting a raw deal and should buy the ones that cover the ACL properly - heaven knows there's enough of them nowadays.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Championship Dates Released
08 May 2007

A, Chairde, Could everyone please note that the next round of the WJ DolanTyrone Senior Football Championship will be played on the weekend of 25/26/27May providing that there is a result in the Tyone v Fermanagh game in the Ulster SFC on Sunday 20th May.

The Tyrone IFC & JFC will take place over the weekend of 1/2/3 June.

Dates, times and venues for all these games to follow.

Any club that plays in an Adult Championship game at Senior, Intermediate orJunior level will have their game videoed and a DVD forwarded to their club following the game. No individuals are allowed to video Championship games in Tyrone.

Please note that the following fixture Killyclogher v Killeeshil will be played at the Killeeshil venue this Sunday 13th May.

The Tyrone Senior Hurling Championship and the Under 16 Hurling League fixtures scheduled to be played this weekend have been cancelled. The Tyrone Féile na nGael goes ahead as planed this Saturday.  A meeting is to be organised with all the Tyrone Hurling Clubs to discuss the present situation, date, time and venue to be confirmed.

Go raibh maith agaibh,
Aodhán harkin, Rúnaí, Tyrone C.C.C.

Testing Accessibility