Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

Quote from: Zapatista on May 12, 2010, 01:57:53 PM
Quote from: MR99 on May 12, 2010, 01:53:23 PM
On the contrary, from chatting to Omagh and Dromore players and members, Kildress and Clonoe should count themselves LUCKY, not unlucky, that some of their players have been overlooked.

I think Dromore wre missing 11 players this weekend from last years final winning team. I'm not complaining just saying.

Dromore were not missing 11 players, tyrone herald had a full report on their game v the fianna, they had 9,(possibly 10) playing that started last years co final.

Zapatista

Quote from: Onthe40 on May 12, 2010, 02:16:28 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on May 12, 2010, 01:57:53 PM
On the contrary, from chatting to Omagh and Dromore players and members, Kildress and Clonoe should count themselves LUCKY, not unlucky, that some of their players have been overlooked.

I think Dromore wre missing 11 players this weekend from last years final winning team. I'm not complaining just saying.

Dromore were not missing 11 players, tyrone herald had a full report on their game v the fianna, they had 9,(possibly 10) playing that started last years co final.

This weekend coming.

EC Unique

I'm not saying anyone was overlooked i said that some players could believe they were overlooked but based on the last 4-5 years i would say that des tracey has been overlooked (his time has gone now obviously) possibly one or two others could have been squad players based on the ability of some in the panel but thats the way it goes. I also include other clubs in that surely clonoe would count themselves unlucky not to have had some players involved over this last few years. others too i'm sure!

I also didn't realise that these starred fixtures were being arranged opposed to being drawing out of a hat pot luck! but sure i welcome the fact that the county board has took it upon themselves to make it a 'level' playing field, after all i'm confident kildress have enough ability to stay up this year. we've even manage to  beat the magnificent moy in the past with all there wonderful players playing!

[/quote]

I concur MR99. The more county players from a team the worse for the team. Errigal lost the 2003 County final because of too many county players IMHO

tyronefan

Naw don't think so,  they lost it because Killyclogher was the better team on the day

EC Unique

Quote from: tyronefan on May 12, 2010, 02:45:57 PM

Naw don't think so,  they lost it because Killyclogher was the better team on the day

Correct. I however think that if we did not have so many county players that year(7 I think), Errigal would have been better on the day.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Final Whistle on May 12, 2010, 02:03:03 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 12, 2010, 01:28:57 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on May 12, 2010, 11:56:18 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 12, 2010, 11:41:47 AM
Quote from: Final Whistle on May 11, 2010, 03:19:50 PM
its not fair the way the clubs are now dictated to-far from it-however, some clubs are better off than others in this respect!

Last year was farcical, Moy (4 county players) had to play against those with none such as Kildress, Trillick etc.

What exactly is your point? I don't understand - do you want teams like clonoe, kildress etc punished for not having county footballers? maybe these lads don't deserve football as some are not as good as the elite in the county and possibly some have been overlooked by the self important one!
as you can tell i prefer club football! i couldn't care less if tyrone lose two in a row and thats it for the year! even though i did enjoy all the all irelands i really don't have a craving for another one!

My point is that last year was a joke of a set up-this year is an even playing field where teams with county players missing will actually play other teams with county players missing. So no more Moy (-4) vs Kildress or Dromore (-4) vs kildress. It will be Dromore (-4) vs ardboe (-4/5).

No more handy points for those teams who have none! Out of interest, based on the opening 5 games of this season (or the whole of last season) which Kildress players do you fell Harte has overlooked?

I'm not saying anyone was overlooked i said that some players could believe they were overlooked but based on the last 4-5 years i would say that des tracey has been overlooked (his time has gone now obviously) possibly one or two others could have been squad players based on the ability of some in the panel but thats the way it goes. I also include other clubs in that surely clonoe would count themselves unlucky not to have had some players involved over this last few years. others too i'm sure!

I also didn't realise that these starred fixtures were being arranged opposed to being drawing out of a hat pot luck! but sure i welcome the fact that the county board has took it upon themselves to make it a 'level' playing field, after all i'm confident kildress have enough ability to stay up this year. we've even manage to  beat the magnificent moy in the past with all there wonderful players playing!

going by this year's league opener it could be a while before it happens again! ;) ;) ;)

11 players-thats crazy!!

Good point...  judging by that game i imagine kildress will not beat moy anytime in the immeadiate future it was good while it lasted for us but looks like Moy will be the team to beat this year and in the future i imagine.

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on May 12, 2010, 02:43:38 PM
I concur MR99. The more county players from a team the worse for the team. Errigal lost the 2003 County final because of too many county players IMHO

I'm not so sure. That's one example in 7 years but I suppose Clonoe could be another example. Killyclogher were a good team. They might have caught EC on the hop but the were still worhty champions.  I can't see it making that much of a difference in the Championship. Carrickmore have done well with one county player while Dromore and EC have done well with a few. Both teams in the Couty Final last year were the two best in the county and both have a good share of County players. I suppose it's hard to confirm the effect come championship.

MR99

Quote from: Zapatista on May 12, 2010, 05:04:15 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 12, 2010, 02:43:38 PM

I'm not so sure. That's one example in 7 years but I suppose Clonoe could be another example. Killyclogher were a good team. They might have caught EC on the hop but the were still worhty champions.  I can't see it making that much of a difference in the Championship. Carrickmore have done well with one county player while Dromore and EC have done well with a few. Both teams in the Couty Final last year were the two best in the county and both have a good share of County players. I suppose it's hard to confirm the effect come championship.

I can see your point Zap but it defintely doesn't help.  Take you own Dromore team for example, they are injury ravaged at the minute as you say, yet your namagers will not see their 5 county players now for a fortnight, leaving them just 7 days preparation for the Trillick game with the full squad, whilst Trillick will be training now for a full 3 weeks with their full squad.  Surely it has to be detrimental to the preparations of any team who have county players.  It is particularly sore on your Dromore boys as they are the only senior team playing on that first weekend that has more than 1 county player.  The Omagh's, Ardboe's, Carmen's, Errigals etc... get an extra week of preparation.  You Dromore men must feel like their is a conspiracy against the current champions ??? ??? ???

Zapatista

Quote from: MR99 on May 12, 2010, 05:37:52 PM
I can see your point Zap but it defintely doesn't help.  Take you own Dromore team for example, they are injury ravaged at the minute as you say, yet your namagers will not see their 5 county players now for a fortnight, leaving them just 7 days preparation for the Trillick game with the full squad, whilst Trillick will be training now for a full 3 weeks with their full squad.  Surely it has to be detrimental to the preparations of any team who have county players.  It is particularly sore on your Dromore boys as they are the only senior team playing on that first weekend that has more than 1 county player.  The Omagh's, Ardboe's, Carmen's, Errigals etc... get an extra week of preparation.  You Dromore men must feel like their is a conspiracy against the current champions ??? ??? ???

Without a doubt we'd feel better with our County men as all teams would. Any day you can select from a full panel is a good day. Some teams also are forced to blood new players and try new ideas when the county men are out or they have a big injury list. Other players are forced to step up to the mark. The experience gained with the county is also an adition when they are all back. The injury list is bad at the minute but we can't blame anyone for that. In this case it's the timing working against Dromore more than anything. I'd say the CB didn't consider Dromore's injuries when deciding the fixtures. There is always a conspiracy against Dromore from refs to CB to Mickey Harte ;)

MR99

Just out of interest, would anyone have a link to where we could see the final league standing from 2009 in Div 1?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

viiv

Anybody know how Shane McMahon is getting on? Hope he is still on the mend.

Man Marker

How come no one is talking up Arboe for the champonship. Hardly mentioned, a team who had the thing almost won last year. They have alot of natural footballers.

MR99

Quote from: viiv on May 13, 2010, 03:23:22 PM
Anybody know how Shane McMahon is getting on? Hope he is still on the mend.

I hear Shane is out of intensive care and the docs are happy with his progress but he has a long way to go.  That's what I hear but maybe someone else has more info.  Lets hope its true.