Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Kind of ironic comments there considering your handle...'UP TYRONE'   Up the club more like.

Final Whistle

Disgrace that there is a round of championship games the last week in May and not one is a double header, but Moy, Omagh, Errigal and Cookstown are having to draw players home on a Thursday night. Many work away from home, will the CB be reimbursing them for a 3 day week???

Why has Harte demanded the games be played out like this?

Club Rossa

Heard that Harte is still not happy with the schedule,didn't get everything his own way.
Obviously as county manager he has his team's best interests at heart but i feel that there is little respect being shown to the clubs and their players.

Onthe40

Moy v Omagh, a game  involving 8 county players (i think) and 2 good footballing sides,potentially one of the bigger games, shoved in on a thursday evening at 6.30 in carrickmore, with probably now no-one at it, due to the timing. Absolute joke.

MR99

Quote from: Onthe40 on May 12, 2010, 10:10:25 AM
Moy v Omagh, a game  involving 8 county players (i think) and 2 good footballing sides,potentially one of the bigger games, shoved in on a thursday evening at 6.30 in carrickmore, with probably now no-one at it, due to the timing. Absolute joke.
Since the CB will lose out on a lot of revenue with this one, maybe the messiah will cut a few boys from his 37 training panel to save them money?  Perhaps they done a deal on this ??? ??? ???

longrunsthefox

How is Canavan going to manage Errigal and do BBC GAA games analysis on Sundays?

Zapatista

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 12, 2010, 10:28:10 AM
How is Canavan going to manage Errigal and do BBC GAA games analysis on Sundays?

He is 3 people in one.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Final Whistle on May 11, 2010, 03:19:50 PM
its not fair the way the clubs are now dictated to-far from it-however, some clubs are better off than others in this respect!

Last year was farcical, Moy (4 county players) had to play against those with none such as Kildress, Trillick etc.

What exactly is your point? I don't understand - do you want teams like clonoe, kildress etc punished for not having county footballers? maybe these lads don't deserve football as some are not as good as the elite in the county and possibly some have been overlooked by the self important one!
as you can tell i prefer club football! i couldn't care less if tyrone lose two in a row and thats it for the year! even though i did enjoy all the all irelands i really don't have a craving for another one!

Club Rossa

I know that Errigal got some of their games switched last year due to Peter's involvement with tv3.Ardboe agreed to play them on a Monday evening last year for that reason.

Final Whistle

Quote from: Onthe40 on May 12, 2010, 10:10:25 AM

In carrickmore too where three people have went missing on that pitch in the last year-search parties have been dispatched, with no success as of yet!

How does Carrickmore keep getting the championship matches, great facilities granted, bad pitch, and thats not the best inducement for a free flowing game of football!

Final Whistle

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 12, 2010, 11:41:47 AM
its not fair the way the clubs are now dictated to-far from it-however, some clubs are better off than others in this respect!

Last year was farcical, Moy (4 county players) had to play against those with none such as Kildress, Trillick etc.

What exactly is your point? I don't understand - do you want teams like clonoe, kildress etc punished for not having county footballers? maybe these lads don't deserve football as some are not as good as the elite in the county and possibly some have been overlooked by the self important one!
as you can tell i prefer club football! i couldn't care less if tyrone lose two in a row and thats it for the year! even though i did enjoy all the all irelands i really don't have a craving for another one!

My point is that last year was a joke of a set up-this year is an even playing field where teams with county players missing will actually play other teams with county players missing. So no more Moy (-4) vs Kildress or Dromore (-4) vs kildress. It will be Dromore (-4) vs ardboe (-4/5).

No more handy points for those teams who have none! Out of interest, based on the opening 5 games of this season (or the whole of last season) which Kildress players do you fell Harte has overlooked?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Final Whistle on May 12, 2010, 11:56:18 AM

My point is that last year was a joke of a set up-this year is an even playing field where teams with county players missing will actually play other teams with county players missing. So no more Moy (-4) vs Kildress or Dromore (-4) vs kildress. It will be Dromore (-4) vs ardboe (-4/5).

No more handy points for those teams who have none! Out of interest, based on the opening 5 games of this season (or the whole of last season) which Kildress players do you fell Harte has overlooked?

I'm not saying anyone was overlooked i said that some players could believe they were overlooked but based on the last 4-5 years i would say that des tracey has been overlooked (his time has gone now obviously) possibly one or two others could have been squad players based on the ability of some in the panel but thats the way it goes. I also include other clubs in that surely clonoe would count themselves unlucky not to have had some players involved over this last few years. others too i'm sure!

I also didn't realise that these starred fixtures were being arranged opposed to being drawing out of a hat pot luck! but sure i welcome the fact that the county board has took it upon themselves to make it a 'level' playing field, after all i'm confident kildress have enough ability to stay up this year. we've even manage to  beat the magnificent moy in the past with all there wonderful players playing!

MR99

I'm not saying anyone was overlooked i said that some players could believe they were overlooked but based on the last 4-5 years i would say that des tracey has been overlooked (his time has gone now obviously) possibly one or two others could have been squad players based on the ability of some in the panel but thats the way it goes. I also include other clubs in that surely clonoe would count themselves unlucky not to have had some players involved over this last few years. others too i'm sure!

I also didn't realise that these starred fixtures were being arranged opposed to being drawing out of a hat pot luck! but sure i welcome the fact that the county board has took it upon themselves to make it a 'level' playing field, after all i'm confident kildress have enough ability to stay up this year. we've even manage to  beat the magnificent moy in the past with all there wonderful players playing!
[/quote]

On the contrary, from chatting to Omagh and Dromore players and members, Kildress and Clonoe should count themselves LUCKY, not unlucky, that some of their players have been overlooked.

Zapatista

Quote from: MR99 on May 12, 2010, 01:53:23 PM
On the contrary, from chatting to Omagh and Dromore players and members, Kildress and Clonoe should count themselves LUCKY, not unlucky, that some of their players have been overlooked.

I think Dromore wre missing 11 players this weekend from last years final winning team. I'm not complaining just saying.

Final Whistle

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 12, 2010, 01:28:57 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on May 12, 2010, 11:56:18 AM

going by this year's league opener it could be a while before it happens again! ;) ;) ;)

11 players-thats crazy!!