Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

supersarsfields

Anyone any idea about the standard of players in the Carrickmore III team? Or even who's managing them?
Will be interesting to see how they fair out. Took EC III a season or so before they settled.

curiosgeorge

Quote from: ziggysego on February 18, 2010, 10:57:41 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 17, 2010, 11:20:42 PM
Well take this as a rumour, as I am sure there would've been more talk before now.

Paddy Bradley to Urney.

Just off the phone to one of Urney's Committee members. First he heard of it and he seriously doubts it.

I know Paddy's women has a house in Clady and they recently had a baby. Tho she is an Aghyaran Native so more likely to sign for them than the cowboys  ;D

tyrone exile

Has the fixtures been released for the league?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: tyrone exile on February 18, 2010, 07:10:11 PM
Has the fixtures been released for the league?

Yep, scroll back a few pages.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

LeoMc

Quote from: supersarsfields on February 18, 2010, 03:06:01 PM
Anyone any idea about the standard of players in the Carrickmore III team? Or even who's managing them?
Will be interesting to see how they fair out. Took EC III a season or so before they settled.

Is this anything to do with Clarke wanting to work with a defined panel?
It can only be good for the club, it allows a Senior panel to focus more on their goals while giving an opportunity for the recreational player and those with other commitments to play our
National game.

I can see others following suit. Were Clonoe not looking at doing this on an unofficial basis last year before their early exit and exodus to the US?
If Omagh are bringing through a succession of good minor teams they will need to give those lads an outlet or they will drift away towards neighbouring clubs also.

Archie Mitchell

I think Clonoe had a recreational team last year. Ardboe did as well. Not sure who else did.

The Hammer

People love saying omagh "takes" players from other smaller clubs.. You can "take" someone and make them play. They have to want to play. With the gallagher boys it was a family choice, and as far as i can see they have joined the club and theier father is even a menter to the reserves and under 21's !!

As for Drumragh players getting poached ? oh please why would omagh want any of them. Gareth Haughey hardly even plays from Drumragh, and is no where near div 1 standard.

the prodigy

omagh people are so defensive!!! if their football team defended as well they might win something!

stillsenior

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 17, 2010, 11:47:32 PM
Quote from: randomtask on February 17, 2010, 11:43:38 PM
well personally i dont think i blow our trumpet to often, but they is for you to decide,  and i see you forget to answer my main question from my last post ;)

Well, the word I hear from a Drumragh source is youse be out trying to poach players from other clubs... so a half page ad in paper is a good idea I suppose... any Tattyreagh boys in your underage teams?  :o

I see Drumragh have a big ad in today's paper....does that put them in this "poaching" category. I would say more lads have gone from Omagh to Drumragh in recent years than the other way...... and remember Drumagh, Omagh and Tattyreagh are all from the one parish, so anybody living in Drumragh Parish has the right to play for any club in the parish he WANTS to.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: The Hammer on February 18, 2010, 10:01:19 PM
People love saying omagh "takes" players from other smaller clubs.. You can "take" someone and make them play. They have to want to play. With the gallagher boys it was a family choice, and as far as i can see they have joined the club and theier father is even a menter to the reserves and under 21's !!

As for Drumragh players getting poached ? oh please why would omagh want any of them. Gareth Haughey hardly even plays from Drumragh, and is no where near div 1 standard.

How do you mean,'You can take someone and make them play?' How do youse do that?

wheres he takin er from

I can see others following suit. Were Clonoe not looking at doing this on an unofficial basis last year before their early exit and exodus to the US?
If Omagh are bringing through a succession of good minor teams they will need to give those lads an outlet or they will drift away towards neighbouring clubs also.
[/quote]

clonoe played a number of unofficial games last year after the USA exodus with a panel of 30+ and was a massive success. Thirds are going again this year but no official entry into any league proposed as yet
First on the field and last to leave

longrunsthefox

I see the British Army is sponsoring this thread...  ???  see advert above

longrunsthefox

How am I getting the Brits then?...  :-\  Ziggy says I must have been on a British Army site.. like wat the fuc?!!! 

ziggysego

Changed to Mac when browsing, but ExCoBoard.com whilst posting.
Testing Accessibility