Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: randomtask on February 17, 2010, 11:50:55 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 17, 2010, 11:47:32 PM
Quote from: randomtask on February 17, 2010, 11:43:38 PM
well personally i dont think i blow our trumpet to often, but they is for you to decide,  and i see you forget to answer my main question from my last post ;)

Well, the word I hear from a Drumragh source is youse be out trying to poach players from other clubs... so a half page ad in paper is a good idea I suppose... any Tattyreagh boys in your underage teams?  :o 

no dont think so, havent heard of this new club "attyreagh"

eh? you okay? has the truth rattled your cage?  ;)

randomtask

very cunning there, cunning like a fox maybe :D, but in all seriousness hate this s**t that constantly creeps up about Tattyreagh. These players were not poached the family had a serious fall out with the club, so they needed a new club and omagh is the nearest club to them so it seems logical that they would move there. i dont see the problem there or would you rather see another aghaloo-dungannon situation where a number of players could not play football because one club was actin the bollix

tyrone86

Quote from: randomtask on February 18, 2010, 12:03:11 AM
very cunning there, cunning like a fox maybe :D, but in all seriousness hate this s**t that constantly creeps up about Tattyreagh. These players were not poached the family had a serious fall out with the club, so they needed a new club and omagh is the nearest club to them so it seems logical that they would move there. i dont see the problem there or would you rather see another aghaloo-dungannon situation where a number of players could not play football because one club was actin the bollix

Without wanting to rehash old arguments, an interesting - but yet not surprising - response from someone affiliated with a town team. So small country teams standing up to their larger neighbours can be defined as a club "actin the bollix"?

randomtask

Quote from: tyrone86 on February 18, 2010, 12:08:35 AM

Without wanting to rehash old arguments, an interesting - but yet not surprising - response from someone affiliated with a town team. So small country teams standing up to their larger neighbours can be defined as a club "actin the bollix"?

just to refine that post, i mean to say they were actin the bollix because these lads just obviously wanted to play football, and i believe no one should be denied the opportunity to play football it has nothing to do with town vs country

Zapatista

Fintona and Drumragh both closer.

longrunsthefox

see?... Random that's the persception I hear about Omagh's youth 'policy' 

randomtask

Quote from: Zapatista on February 18, 2010, 12:13:00 AM

Fintona and Drumragh both closer.

not in terms of where they live...

redcard

ziggysego

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 17, 2010, 11:20:42 PM
Well take this as a rumour, as I am sure there would've been more talk before now.

Paddy Bradley to Urney.

Just off the phone to one of Urney's Committee members. First he heard of it and he seriously doubts it.
Testing Accessibility

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: ziggysego on February 18, 2010, 10:57:41 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 17, 2010, 11:20:42 PM
Well take this as a rumour, as I am sure there would've been more talk before now.

Paddy Bradley to Urney.

Just off the phone to one of Urney's Committee members. First he heard of it and he seriously doubts it.

Would seriously doubt it also, not a bad rumour to start though, gets a bit of chat going if nothing else!!!

Looking at the fixtures & teams in each league I think its safe to say at the minute the thing has evened itself out since the 3 leagues came back into operation.  Every team seems to be in the league where they should be in terms of their recent records.  It makes for a very interesting year as at the moment you couldnt call league winners, championship winners or even releagtion bound teams in any of the divisions.  I think its going to be a good year for Tyrone club football with all 3 leagues looking as competitive as ive ever seen them.  Roll on April  :)
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Bensars

The sad thing is that with the numbers being attracted there will be a serious attriction rate and a lot falling by the wayside. A few smaller clubs could only dream of an academy styled program where they have the luxury of selecting the best youth  available and have the comfort in numbers to be able to discard the weaker members.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Bensars on February 18, 2010, 11:08:39 AM
The sad thing is that with the numbers being attracted there will be a serious attriction rate and a lot falling by the wayside. A few smaller clubs could only dream of an academy styled program where they have the luxury of selecting the best youth  available and have the comfort in numbers to be able to discard the weaker members.

Very good post, it will probably come to the stage in the future where you will see the smaller clubs having to amalagamate with one and another simply because the numbers and talent will not be available.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

sambackamongstthebushes

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

sambackamongstthebushes

told to take it down, so much for free speech, im of to the hogan stand