Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Final Whistle on July 29, 2009, 09:41:35 AM
Quote from: rrhf on July 29, 2009, 08:25:21 AM
I wonder has a ceratin apathy crept in here regarding these reappointments.  Are alternative teams being proposed at all?  I dont see senior management potential in either management team. 

Unfortunately Id have to agree! Munroe and Coyle/Donnelly have both had big managerial slip ups with outstanding teams!

would agree with that as well

orangeman

Quote from: rrhf on July 29, 2009, 08:25:21 AM
I wonder has a ceratin apathy crept in here regarding these reappointments.  Are alternative teams being proposed at all?  I dont see senior management potential in either management team. 

Why would / should there be apathy. These are big, big jobs.

Do we think / hope that Harte is going to be around forever ?

carol6

Are you suggesting that these guys should be replaced? Overall I believe our record in these competitions has been very good over the past few years. Granted there are lots of people who will claim that the teams that have been successful recently, like last year's minor squad, would have won an all Ireland regardless of who the managers were. I would not necessarily agree. The men who have been entrusted with looking after these teams are very committed gaels. They are building on the good work being done throughout the county in clubs, schools and development squads and long may that continue. It would be interesting to see who you might suggest could do the job if the present managers were to step aside.

tyrone86

Quote from: carol6 on July 29, 2009, 04:28:51 PM
Are you suggesting that these guys should be replaced? Overall I believe our record in these competitions has been very good over the past few years. Granted there are lots of people who will claim that the teams that have been successful recently, like last year's minor squad, would have won an all Ireland regardless of who the managers were. I would not necessarily agree. The men who have been entrusted with looking after these teams are very committed gaels. They are building on the good work being done throughout the county in clubs, schools and development squads and long may that continue. It would be interesting to see who you might suggest could do the job if the present managers were to step aside.

Next year will be last chance saloon for the u21 management. They have an Ulster winning Minor side from 07 (that totally underperformed in an AIQF against Kerry) and an All Ireland Minor winning side from last year. The players are there for an extended run, it's up to the management to get it out of them. 1 Ulster title since 2006 isn't a great return.

As for the Minors they also, on paper, have the makings of an excellent side next year with a lot of guys available from this year. Again, perhaps not as good as the 08 crop, but certainly good enough for an extended run beyond Ulster.

However, if one was so inclined as to bandy about names for the future, I'd suggest you couldn't go far wrong with Peter for the Under 21s and a duo of Mickey Donnelly & Horse Devlin with the Minors

EC Unique

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 29, 2009, 05:10:41 PM

Next year will be last chance saloon for the u21 management. They have an Ulster winning Minor side from 07 (that totally underperformed in an AIQF against Kerry) and an All Ireland Minor winning side from last year. The players are there for an extended run, it's up to the management to get it out of them. 1 Ulster title since 2006 isn't a great return.

As for the Minors they also, on paper, have the makings of an excellent side next year with a lot of guys available from this year. Again, perhaps not as good as the 08 crop, but certainly good enough for an extended run beyond Ulster.

However, if one was so inclined as to bandy about names for the future, I'd suggest you couldn't go far wrong with Peter for the Under 21s and a duo of Mickey Donnelly & Horse Devlin with the Minors

'Peter' is just fine where he is.. ;) :D

carol6

[/quote]

I hope you dont mean sharing a studio with messrs Hayes and Magee? ;)

I reckon it is only a matter of time till Peter becomes involved in some way with the county set up in Tyrone. It will be a loss to his club but he could try and combine both roles as was done very successfully by MH in the past.

TonesAbĂș

I was actually hoping you would have some info on that Fionntamhnach. Although the grades were released late last year aswell.

tyrone86

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 29, 2009, 09:36:53 PM
Any word on the Under 13 football league? Usually starts in the first week of September but there's no fixtures or grades out yet.

Provisionally scheduled for Thursday 3 September according to a document I have from earlier in the year.

ziggysego

Where's KIDDO when you need him eh!
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Quote from: carol6 on July 29, 2009, 08:01:21 PM

I hope you dont mean sharing a studio with messrs Hayes and Magee? ;)

I reckon it is only a matter of time till Peter becomes involved in some way with the county set up in Tyrone. It will be a loss to his club but he could try and combine both roles as was done very successfully by MH in the past.
[/quote]

You are right, just a matter of time. I suspect at least 3 years and there is only one job he will be going to ;)

loughshore lad

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 29, 2009, 05:10:41 PM

Just out of interest Tyrone 86 what made you suggest a duo of Mickey and Horse?  I am not in any way doubting the credentials of either by the way, Mickey has been very well received in Ardboe while Horse is doing very well in Newbridge, just curious as to why you suggest them in particular as a duo?

tyrone86

Quote from: loughshore lad on July 30, 2009, 11:59:53 AM

Just out of interest Tyrone 86 what made you suggest a duo of Mickey and Horse?  I am not in any way doubting the credentials of either by the way, Mickey has been very well received in Ardboe while Horse is doing very well in Newbridge, just curious as to why you suggest them in particular as a duo?

Generally, Tyrone tend to appoint duos as Minor management - not the case with Munroe fair enough, but it was known that Keenan and McAnenly would make up his backroom side. Mickey is coming in off the back of a few good years with Mayobridge and a good year (to date) with Ardboe. Likewise Horse is doing a good job with pretty limited raw materials in Newbridge and anyone who played with Horse is quick to tell you, what he lacked in pace he made up for in reading of the game, ability to organise the defence and leadership - 3 fairly important characteristics for management. The reason I'd suggest them as duo is that some of the other men I would regard as genuine candidates may not play that well with others and would have to get the job on their own. Mickey and Horse are both fairly young too - no barrier to a Minor job as Niall Conway, KC and Mal showed with Derry in 07.

sam03/05

I think its a disgrace that the current under 21 management have been allowed to return. They have made a
complete mess of this job since they have taken over given the talent at their disposal.
They really have had the pick of the talent in Ulster to choose from and have done feck all with it.

LandErIn

Tyrone86 are you from Ardboe?  How is Mickey getting on?

Would Niall Conway every get involved with Tyrone football?  He did a great job of the Antrim lads, with the pool of players he was working with.

longball

If Greencastle werent going so well I think Sean Teague would have threw his name in for Tyrone Under 21 manager.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0