Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCR

So imagine if Kyle Coney, or Peter Harte played junior football and were injured for the Junior Championship. You'd have them in the div 3 reserve championship. Would that be a mis match.

This rule was brought in a number of years ago when Declan McCrossan played in the reserve Cship, and a number of clubs raised objections.

You could also imagine if Sean Cavanagh or Brian Dooher played Junior football - get a grip man. And I didn't realise that Kyle Coney and Peter Harte were minors this year. Were they injured for the Armagh game?

ceol agus peil

Tiernan Mc Cann from Killyclogher lined out for Tyrone minors at wing half back this year and also played for killyclogher reserves last night against Carrickmore. Would this have been a subject of debate had Carrickmore won?
Sent from my iphone

littleoak

Not from washingbay radio ulster but was speaking to someone who is and wud know , cudn see their man leaving he wud have said but know injuries have been a problem.

tyrone86

Quote from: ceol agus peil on July 03, 2009, 10:52:06 PM
Tiernan Mc Cann from Killyclogher lined out for Tyrone minors at wing half back this year and also played for killyclogher reserves last night against Carrickmore. Would this have been a subject of debate had Carrickmore won?

Probably not because it was the league and it's only the Championship the rule refers to. Still though, it's a dirty action. I wonder will one of my favourite missing posters 'Frankie boy' from the Rock make a comeback to comment on this?

Anyway, as for the games tonight, after the Moortown goal they never really looked in any danger and always stayed at least 2 in front. Dromore and Coalisland was a good enough game despite the low scoring. Peter Donnelly and Shane McMahon were both very lucky to stay on the field. Sean O'Neill was my MOTM.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: DCR on July 03, 2009, 10:49:36 PM
So imagine if Kyle Coney, or Peter Harte played junior football and were injured for the Junior Championship. You'd have them in the div 3 reserve championship. Would that be a mis match.

This rule was brought in a number of years ago when Declan McCrossan played in the reserve Cship, and a number of clubs raised objections.

You could also imagine if Sean Cavanagh or Brian Dooher played Junior football - get a grip man. And I didn't realise that Kyle Coney and Peter Harte were minors this year. Were they injured for the Armagh game?

Welcome to the board DCR. I don't need to imagine if Brian Dooher played junior football... he already has. I didn't say that KC and PH were minors this year. I was refering to last year, and the fact that they were probably the strongest individuals in that squad.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longrunsthefox

Was some scores missed by Dromore tho Coalisland had chance to win it too. Dromore seem nowhere near level of two years ago. seen Peter and Chris Lawn in the stand chatting away. I think Errigal will beat them in next round although that could be months away.    

Norf Tyrone

The Draw for the W J Dolan Junior and Under 21 Championships will take place next Tues night 7th July at the County Committee Meeting.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

l-iver

Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2009, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: longball on July 03, 2009, 03:05:47 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2009, 03:02:21 PM
Having county minor on board or an under 21 player on board a reserve team would be a major boost to any reserve side.

Under 21s can be over in Match / April - reserve championships don't start till June at least.

Doesn't make sense -  sounds like signing up to a rule just for the sake of it.

They proberly thought that the county minors would do better than they did, thus made the ruling. But due to poor management the county minors exited in the first round, this rule should now be overturned.

The minors were a pale shodow of the team they had last year and I can't honestly see how / why management can be blamed for their exit.

Maybe I'm wrong but only my opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion, but Orangeman you have been at enough Minor matches and Mac Rory matches over the past year...... You know most of those players.......You have to agree that there were some strange choices of positions.....The players cant be blamed for that....With a bit of tweeking we could've progressed further

clarshack

Quote from: littleoak on July 03, 2009, 10:04:10 PM
Rocky lad i think youll find there are no crossed wires Ciaran was a county minor last year Liam IS the player in question and was he who played county minor this year it reminds me of cavan gaels objecting to young bell playing in the ulster minor final at 15 and cavan gaels protesting due to him being to young . Still think its a low action of the rock club , am sure the lough shore men will love them for it :'( all you other intermediate clubs dont be playing any lads of 16 against the rock now ;)

and to think that martin mccreesh played for the rock reserves and seniors when he was u-15 (in 2000 i think it was)  :o

KIDDO 4

The Killyclogher player played in the reserve championship  on Thursday night , not a reserve league game.

redcard

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 03, 2009, 11:12:56 PM
Quote from: ceol agus peil on July 03, 2009, 10:52:06 PM

Probably not because it was the league and it's only the Championship the rule refers to. Still though, it's a dirty action. I wonder will one of my favourite missing posters 'Frankie boy' from the Rock make a comeback to comment on this?

Anyway, as for the games tonight, after the Moortown goal they never really looked in any danger and always stayed at least 2 in front. Dromore and Coalisland was a good enough game despite the low scoring. Peter Donnelly and Shane McMahon were both very lucky to stay on the field. Sean O'Neill was my MOTM.

Who was the ref

KIDDO 4

KIDDO 4

Teamtalk MFC Semi Finals - Tuesday 7th July 2009 (ET if required)
Drumragh v Loughmacrory (In Tattyreagh) @6.45pm
An Charraig Mhór v Omagh (In Tattyreagh) @8.15pm

Greencastle v Rock (In Pomeroy) @6.45pm
Kildress v Coalisland (In Pomeroy) @8.15pm

Aghyaran v Eskra (In Drumquin) @7.30pm

Zapatista

I thought Dromore & Coalisland played a good game of football. Dromore really should have been futher ahead at half time. While there was only a point or two in it at times (and I was at the edge of my seat) Coalisland didn't look like they could win it without a lucky break. AS the rain poured down and it got much darker in the last 15 mins it made me more nervous.

With the exception of Red Sean Dromores county lads were relatively quiet with Colm Donnelly and Barry Collins (my MOTM) in great form. Curran and Ward in both sets of goals had good games too.

Tyrone 86 - I think it was P Donnelly and B Collins (rather than S McMahon) who were lucky to stay on the field.

EC Unique

Quote from: ceol agus peil on July 03, 2009, 09:44:43 PM
Ft
dromore 0-8
C'island 0-6
what does ec unique think on the matter?

Was at the game.

I thought the standard of play was poor especially in both forward lines. Coalisland will really be kicking themselves as Dromore were there for the taking and only for some very poor shooting and decision making up front they could have won.

If Errigal were playing Dromore next week in the Championship I would be confident of a win, but they are not and God only knows when it will happen. Dromore need to and will will improve and it should be a great contest.

What did people think of Dunmoyle and is there anything that should have been done different from our point of view?