Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhandfan

An Mhaigh were involved in another fiercely contested and stirring encounter today at Pairc Thír na nÓg.  Donaghmore are a fine side and it was great to pick up our first league win of the season after a very tough battle.  It is pleasing to see our players rising to these challenges each week in Division 1.  We are unbeaten after three games which is a big change from this time last year when we had lost two of our opening three games in Division 2!!!!!  We have another huge challenge ahead of us next week when we travel to Dromore.  The games don't get any easier...

Did I hear that our neighbours Eglish had two of the Martins sent off in Kildress today?  It is rumoured that Conall Martin got a straight red.  If so, that would be a huge blow for them with the first round of the championship just around the corner.  Can anyone confirm this?  

Norf Tyrone

http://www.owenroe-leckpatrick.ie

Div 3 tables for reserve and senior updated here........
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

KIDDO

Dromore beat Killyclogher 0-17 to 0-10 in Killyclogher this evening with Colm McCullagh registering 0-8 for the winners and Snowy O'Neill picking up an injury.

orangeman

Very, very low scoring game today with both defences well on top - very good game with Clonoe's goal being the difference between the sides.

tyrone exile

Quote from: Redhandfan on April 19, 2009, 07:13:15 PM
Did I hear that our neighbours Eglish had two of the Martins sent off in Kildress today?  It is rumoured that Conall Martin got a straight red.  If so, that would be a huge blow for them with the first round of the championship just around the corner.  Can anyone confirm this?  
Yeah he got a straight red a few minutes from the end, struck a kildress man right in front of the referee! The other man got 2 yellows.

aroundincircles

Quote from: orangeman on April 19, 2009, 08:35:48 PM
Very, very low scoring game today with both defences well on top - very good game with Clonoe's goal being the difference between the sides.

from ardboe point of view i would be a wee bit disapointed that a club forward line of frank,tommy and brian mcguigan tommy mcguigan never scored for 43 minutes.

orangeman

Quote from: aroundincircles on April 19, 2009, 09:13:08 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 19, 2009, 08:35:48 PM

from ardboe point of view i would be a wee bit disapointed that a club forward line of frank,tommy and brian mcguigan tommy mcguigan never scored for 43 minutes.

Credit to your good defensive tactics when you often had 10 men behind the ball ala swarm defence and breaking out. You did it well and got the win.

I thought it was a good game with plenty of hard but fair hitting.

How many were you missing today ?

aroundincircles

From last years championship team had 3 missing. Had yous many missing.

orangeman

Quote from: aroundincircles on April 19, 2009, 09:56:53 PM
From last years championship team had 3 missing. Had yous many missing.

Kyle Coney had an operation the other day on his shoulder and would have made a difference today.

aroundincircles

Yeah possibly he would have made a difference... actually felt brian mc guigan looked completely off the pace of the game felt sorry for him a pale figure of a genius.

loughshore lad

Quote from: aroundincircles on April 19, 2009, 10:01:27 PM
Yeah possibly he would have made a difference... actually felt brian mc guigan looked completely off the pace of the game felt sorry for him a pale figure of a genius.

Yes he was not good today particularly after he had an excellent game in omagh on tuesday night.  He was not helped by our other players either, from an attacking perspective we struggled and were devoid of ideas but as orangeman points out credit needs to go to your team for defending very well.  You have a good system in place to try and exploit the athleticism and strength of a number of your players and it works very well for you.

aroundincircles

Quote from: loughshore lad on April 19, 2009, 10:07:33 PM

Yes he was not good today particularly after he had an excellent game in omagh on tuesday night.  He was not helped by our other players either, from an attacking perspective we struggled and were devoid of ideas but as orangeman points out credit needs to go to your team for defending very well.  You have a good system in place to try and exploit the athleticism and strength of a number of your players and it works very well for you.

We probaly are two good forwards of having a complete unit but can only work with what we have got aidan brady best club full back in tyrone at the minute by a mile.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: loughshore lad on April 19, 2009, 10:07:33 PM

I thought we were much the better team. We should have been up 7/8 at Half Time. Ryan T missed a sitter that would have really made a big difference. Colm Donnelly is a big miss with his ablity to make strong runs down the middle from mid field, as is Damian Burke with is rage of passing. I thought Arboe were didsappointing to tell you the truth. I felt we won the game with a lot more left in the tank so to speak. But you always get a good game with Arboe.

ziggysego

Greencastle are going strong this year. I haven't seen as good a Greencastle team as this one before. At half time, the score was 1-09 to 0-01. Very young team, with excellent players such as Danny McDermott, Sean Warnock and John McCullagh showing what they are made of. 6 points out of a possible 6. Took us along time to get going last year and if we keep this up, this could be an excellent year for Greencastle, as we won't be far off the final mix at the end of the season.
Testing Accessibility

aroundincircles

ziggy big win today for yous on possiblely first real test who is up next for yous. In div 2 i reckon you can afford to lose very little games to be in shake up at end off the year.