Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 21, 2009, 04:23:36 PM
Bit of a flux this situation. As WeeDons says, the father has to bear some responsibility in this in that he should have ensured that they played football for Dungannon in the first place before they togged out for Aghaloo if he felt so strongly for his "home" club. As I understand it clubs now have to register all underage players from Under 12 upwards with the Youth Committee but I don't think this was in place five years ago. An arguement could be used that in togging out and having your name on the team sheet, you are de facto declaring your registration, one that has now been superseeded. At the same time, I don't see how anything Aghaloo are doing will benefit them in the long run as it seems to be clear that these boys will no longer be playing for them, even though they have few numbers to pick from and they would be an example of a club where the rule now barring girls from playing above U12 level could hit them. If they haven't been playing for five years then Aghaloo must be right under the rulebook in the county. Best to let them go I'd say. I remember reading somewhere that in Antrim they've introduced a rule which tightens up the process of youth transfers to the extent that clear proof is needed that the boy is living in the catchment area of the club - something like that might have to be looked at.

I'd have to agree with WeeDonns and Fionn. For me, the bit in bold is the crux of the matter. If it was that important to the da, then he'd have had both lads at the Clarkes from the day and hour they were old enough to kick a ball.

While there might be an argument for Aghaloo to just let them go as they won't play for them anyway, I'd disagree. The county board refuse transfers on a regular basis between clubs in neighbouring parishes because the player in question are not resident in the parish and the club where the lads are originating don't sign the transfer. The fact remains, if both clubs sign the transfer form then there is no problem. If there is a case for residency within the parish / town that they're looking to join, then there is no problem. When you start to go beyond this, and give transfers because lads want to go to bigger clubs or because their mates are at other clubs, then you create a dangerous precedent.

Norf Tyrone

A lot of rights and wrongs here.

QuotePosted by: clarshack 
correct me if i'm wrong but they both cant have been out of football for 5 years. wasnt the the whole strabane-dungannon-aghaloo saga only 2 years ago so one of the brothers must have been playing if strabane were awarded the title?
I think you are right here Clarshak, so the 5 year thing is an exageration.

I'd agree too with those stating that the father should've had them playing with DC originally, and I doubt Aghaloo would've objected. I also agree to an extent that it's very harsh on the two fellas being denied the opportunity to play Gaelic football. However the question remains what's the bigger love, the game or playing for their club (The Clarkes). The answer will be different for everyone.
In aghaloo's defence, what option have they. What happens if it happens next year, or the year after that. At some point the club has to take a stance irrespective of ability.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tieroan

This is a tricky one that is not Alien to my parish. In Coalisland, players transfer back and forward to other clubs at will. The Fianna, i stress, never push for the better players, or the younger players, but when a good player gets to a certain age the sometimes transfer to Brackaville, Derrytresk etc.
You never see this happening in Galbally parish, Ardboe or Carrickmore parishes. It seems wrong.

goal and a point

The blanks are nearly complete

Dromore – Gerard Treanor/ Ryan Porter
Carrickmore – Adrian Clarke
Errigal   - Peter Canavan/ Ciaran Donnelly
Clonoe - Paddy Downey
Omagh   - John McElhom
Ardboe   - Mickey Donnelly
Kildress – Joe Gilligan
Coalisland – Thornton/ Fox
Eglish – John Feeney
Aghyaran - Pat McNabb
Killyclogher – Enda Kilpatrick
Galbally - Conal Sheridan
Loughmacrory – Paddy McGuigan
Donaghmore – Eugene McKenna
Trillick – Liam Donnelly
Moy – Mattie McGleenan

Cookstown – Chris Lawn
Killyman – Peter Loughran
Augher – Geard Moane
Eskra - Conleth Donnelly
Clan na gael -
Pomeroy -
Strabane – Dermott Curry
Gortin – Keenan/ McAnenly
Greencastle - Sean Teague
Urney - Eugene McMenamin
Edendork – Audi Kelly
Killeshil -
Moortown – Tommy Devlin
Derrylaughen -Neil McCloy
Rock -Fred McVeigh
Stewartstown -Terry McCann

Dungannon – Eunan McGinn
Tattyreagh -
Newtownstewart - Finbarr McConnell
Brackaville -
Brockagh -
Derrytresk – Tony Hughes/ Tony Quinn
Glenelly – Sean McConnell
Drumragh – Peter Doherty
Owen Roes -Maxi Curren
Drumquin -
Castlderg -Palor McNulty
Clogher – Sean McCaughey/ Martin McConnell
Fintona – John Kelly/ Brian Quinn
Dregish -
Aghaloo -
Beragh – Barry Grimes
Errigal 111 – Thomas McDermott

Final Whistle

Quote from: goal and a point on January 22, 2009, 09:59:38 AM
The blanks are nearly complete

Dromore – Gerard Treanor/ Ryan Porter
Carrickmore – Adrian Clarke
Errigal   - Peter Canavan/ Ciaran Donnelly
Clonoe - Paddy Downey
Omagh   - John McElhom
Ardboe   - Mickey Donnelly
Kildress – Joe Gilligan
Coalisland – Thornton/ Fox
Eglish – John Feeney
Aghyaran - Pat McNabb
Killyclogher – Enda Kilpatrick
Galbally - Conal Sheridan
Loughmacrory – Paddy McGuigan
Donaghmore – Eugene McKenna
Trillick – Liam Donnelly
Moy – Mattie McGleenan

Cookstown – Chris Lawn
Killyman – Peter Loughran
Augher – Geard Moane
Eskra - Conleth Donnelly
Clan na gael -
Pomeroy -
Strabane – Dermott Curry
Gortin – Keenan/ McAnenly
Greencastle - Sean Teague
Urney - Eugene McMenamin
Edendork – Audi Kelly
Killeshil -
Moortown – Tommy Devlin
Derrylaughen -Neil McCloy
Rock -Fred McVeigh
Stewartstown -Terry McCann

Dungannon – Eunan McGinn
Tattyreagh -
Newtownstewart - Finbarr McConnell
Brackaville -
Brockagh -
Derrytresk – Tony Hughes/ Tony Quinn
Glenelly – Sean McConnell
Drumragh – Peter Doherty
Owen Roes -Maxi Curren
Drumquin -
Castlderg -Palor McNulty
Clogher – Sean McCaughey/ Martin McConnell
Fintona – John Kelly/ Brian Quinn
Dregish -
Aghaloo -
Beragh – Barry Grimes
Errigal 111 – Thomas McDermott

no mcbride this year??? :o

Norf Tyrone

IS that Ciaren McBride?
Is he not managing in Donegal?

goal and a point

What club team is Ciaran managing in donegal. He had touted himself well for several jobs in tyrone to no success

Radioulster

A man from Banagher called Eamon Lynch is taking Moortown hear there has been a bit of a row in their club?

carol6

Noel Donnelly and Ciaran Mc Bride put themselves forward for the Dromore job but that was as far as it went-an offer that was politely declined. Donnelly was the man doing the asking, he is married to a Dromore girl, but wasn't as much as offered an interview. The story doing the rounds in Carrickmore a couple of weeks ago was that Ciaran was putting himself forward as coach there but a polite refusal was the order of the day there too. So no great involvement with school teams and no club yet, how will the egos cope? Maybe TYP will sort out a team or two for them to look after and ensure they keep the hand in waiting for next year's MacRory team. watch this space. 

loughshore lad

Quote from: Radioulster on January 22, 2009, 07:37:23 PM
A man from Banagher called Eamon Lynch is taking Moortown hear there has been a bit of a row in their club?

Not sure of the exact details but I did hear that Tommy Devlin had left after bring apointed as manager and that some guy Lynch was taking over.

Joxer

Score from todays inter-County Vocational school game:

Monaghan 3-11 Tyrone 1-6

sawel

Eamon Lycnh -- good fella
Uncle of Mark
Eamon played no.14 on the 83 minor team

Gaffer

Any word of who is managing Clan NaGael this year?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Gaffer on January 24, 2009, 05:57:02 PM
Any word of who is managing Clan NaGael this year?

Have not heard a whimper this year yet.

bigfrank

Anyone know if the Trillick game is on the radio 2day??