Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Mal O'Rourke won the Championship in 06 and I'm pretty sure McDonnell won it in either 2000 or 2001, I think it was the year it went to the replay after Seamus McCallen got an injury time goal in the drawn game

clarshack

Quote from: tyrone86 on December 29, 2008, 05:16:52 PM
Mal O'Rourke won the Championship in 06 and I'm pretty sure McDonnell won it in either 2000 or 2001, I think it was the year it went to the replay after Seamus McCallen got an injury time goal in the drawn game

what about division 1 titles?

tyrone86

Quote from: clarshack on December 29, 2008, 07:35:44 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on December 29, 2008, 05:16:52 PM

what about division 1 titles?

O'Rourke didn't, I think Dromore beat Donaghmore in the League final that year, and O'Donnell didn't either, Carrickmore won it in 2000

KIDDO 4

Dromore have won the league title 5 times in the last 6 years, 2003, 2004,2006, 2007, 2008, with E-Ciarian in their history also winning the title 5 times , 1996, 1997, 1999, 2002, and 2005.

clarshack

who was errigal manager when they won the league in '05

orangeman

Quote from: clarshack on December 29, 2008, 10:34:56 PM

What year was it that they didn't contest the playoff ? 2006 wasn't it ?

tyrone86

Quote from: clarshack on December 29, 2008, 10:34:56 PM

Peter McGinnity if I'm not mistaken

tyrone86

Any more talk about managers yet?

To go along with Canavan and Mickey Donnelly, I hear Paddy Mc Guigan is staying in Loughmacrory, Joe Gilligan is with Kildress and former Tyrone Under 21 manager Peter Doherty is with Drumragh next year.

Radioulster

Quote from: tyrone86 on December 30, 2008, 06:44:07 PM

To go along with Canavan and Mickey Donnelly, I hear Paddy Mc Guigan is staying in Loughmacrory, Joe Gilligan is with Kildress and former Tyrone Under 21 manager Peter Doherty is with Drumragh next year.
That is a big appointment for Drumragh as Doherty was the Derry assistant Manager last year. Joe Canavan is with Magherafelt and Tiffy is with Slaughtneil and Eamon Kavanagh is with Swatragh what is the errigal men's attraction to Derry ;) ;)

redcard

kieran donnelly - errigals trainer

ziggysego

He was with Greencastle a few years back. Great fella, Kildress won't go far wrong with him.
Testing Accessibility

redcard

conor gallagher is dohertys assistant at drumragh

redcard

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 30, 2008, 08:41:33 PM
Quote from: redcard on December 30, 2008, 07:31:27 PM

kieran donnelly - errigals trainer

Which Kieran Donnelly?

omagh CBS one

PETER Canavan, one of the most celebrated forwards in the history of Gaelic football, is returning to the competitive senior scene in 2009 after accepting a dream offer to manage his home club, the former Ulster champions Errigal Ciaran.

Canavan admitted yesterday that the decision to begin the next chapter of his career in Gaelic Games was one he thought long and hard over.

It was an opportunity he reckoned, after much deliberation, that he could not turn down.

"I knew it was inevitable I supppose as it's something I always wanted to do, to manage my own club, so the opportunity has come now," said Tyrone's former talisman, who quit the county game after winning a second All-Ireland Senior Football Championship title in 2005.

Christopher Quinn and Colm McCann stepped down from managing the seniors at the end of last season despite a top four finish in the league, though Errigal fell at the first fence in the Championship to a resurgent Clonoe.

"I was asked initially by the club to take it and I said that I needed more time.

"It is a big undertaking and then I was approached again by the chairman of the club, Tommy Treanor, to reconsider.

"After giving it a bit of thought I said that I would be honoured to take it," he said.

Canavan inherits a mixture of youth and experience, the backbone of his future plans being supplied by a number of players he won All-Irelands with, including Enda McGinley, Davy Harte and John Devine.

"There is a seasoned core of players there, four or five playing with the county at the minute, and young players who were brought onto the panel last year," he said.

"It is a very young team that played in the championship last year, so there's a good blend of players there and I am looking forward to working with them.

"I did speak to a number of people in the club about it.

"There is a serious time commitment involved in taking a club and, of course, there are expectations when you manage your own club as well.

"I would be very much aware of that, but all you can do is give it your best and, if you apply yourself as well as you can, give it your best, then you just have to see how it works out."

Canavan won a couple of Ulster Championships with Errigal, the last of which was in 2003 when the team was managed by Mickey Harte.

With his decision to follow Harte into club management, it raises certain anticipation of him, somewhere down the track, following his former manager back into county football.

The relished challenge to try and restore Errigal to the top of the tree in Tyrone, however, is the only thing on Canavan's mind at present.

He says that is more than enough to occupy his energy and expertise for the time being.

"The target has to be this club competing among the best in the county.

"I would be looking no further than that, so I'll just have to see how it goes and there is only one way to find out," he said.

"In recent years, there has been a number of retirements and the club has slipped back down the rankings.

"There is no doubt about that, so I'd definitely like to see us in the top five or six clubs in the county, but we've a lot of ground to make up to catch up with the likes of the Dromores and Clonoes."

Kieran Donnelly, who teaches and coaches at Omagh CBS, and who managed the Fermanagh minors this year, is part of Canavan's team for the 2009 campaign, which begins in April, the same month that he celebrates his birthday.

"I've known Kieran for a while. He played for Fermanagh and Jordanstown.

"He is doing a great job managing and coaching Fermanagh minors and coaching Omagh CBS, so Kieran is coming in as trainer," Canavan

http://www.irishnews.com/articles/597/5776/2008/12/29/606292_367589988265Canavanta.html

bigfrank

kieran donnelly from brookeboro that works in omagh cbs and used to play for fermanagh seniors

tyrone86

Quote from: hardstation on December 30, 2008, 08:46:29 PM

Academy MacRory captain 2004. I think it's Ciaran though.

The hairdresser?