Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Legoman5 on August 02, 2016, 02:34:27 PM
Who was the Tatts waterboy, name and shame him on this at least because the county board wont do a thing about it, all will be brushed under the table, maybe a small fine giving, nothin to stop the Tatts from laughing about it in the bar after...
Gareth Mimnagh. Injured reserve/senior player.

red knight

what was a fantastic game of football throughout ,and very clean considering it was a big derby game, and a great advert for div 3 football was soured by what happened at the final whistle. I was at the game and tensions were running very high because it was so close on the scoreboard from minute 1 to 60, but what happened to the ref at the end was totally unacceptable. no ref should ever feel in fear for his safest on a football field. at the of the its only a game of football and every man including the ref has to go home to his wife and kids and get up on a Monday morning and go to their work.

i not on here calling for bans and fines and pitch closures
what am calling for is to give the refs a bit of respect cause it takes a brave man to become a ref and even bigger man to make big calls that his his view were right   

skeog

Red Knight you are spot on referees need support not abuse from so called loyal clubmen.

TabClear

Quote from: skeog on August 02, 2016, 04:18:26 PM
Red Knight you are spot on referees need support not abuse from so called loyal clubmen.

Agreed.  Difficult enough job to do without that kind of rubbish. I do think the county board needs to start to implement a zero tolerance approach to back up the referees.

Up The Middle

Quote from: TabClear on August 02, 2016, 04:35:26 PM
Quote from: skeog on August 02, 2016, 04:18:26 PM

Agreed.  Difficult enough job to do without that kind of rubbish. I do think the county board needs to start to implement a zero tolerance approach to back up the referees.

Who was the ref?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Tyrone Gaa

Red Knight, well said a referee is out for an enjoyable afternoon as well as the 30 players on the pitch.  At the end of the day he returns home to his family and probably will self assess his performance.   Being abused is nearly always associated with the post.  Show me one man on this forum that can say they haven't shouted or criticised a referee and I will show you a liar.

Referees are and should be accountable.  It is not upto the players/management/supporters to carry out this function.  I am calling for lengthy bans and suspensions if what is being reported here actually happened. 

Living the dream!!!

DognBone

Donal Mc Crossan was the ref not only was he assaulted his car was damaged.

WT4E

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 02, 2016, 11:56:44 AM
Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2016, 11:40:52 AM
Looks like Kildress are doomed to relegation as its going to take a big effort to get points from 4 very difficult remaining games.

I was just wondering it may be likely that we could be relegated before having a kicked a ball in the championship - this must be a first? Any other instances of this happen in the past?
What are kildress remaining fixtures?
any of the teams down there still to play?

Galbally (a) - Closest team to us but they're going well this year and beat us comfortably last year.
Omagh (h)
Killyclogher (h)
Ardboe (h)

Its pretty grim! :(

Degrassi Hi

Does anyone on here know If Strabane are going to be deducted the point gained V Omagh earlier in the season. 

skeog

clarshack

Stewartstown beat Errigal 3-9 to 1-10.

Mikhailov

Quote from: clarshack on August 02, 2016, 09:03:47 PM

Great win for harps - well done. So much for 'inowbest' predicting easy EC win. I think Harps won minor league at this grade 3 years ago so were expected to be strong.

Big derby final v Fianna - will be feisty to say the least !!

The Golden Years

Quote from: The Golden Years on August 02, 2016, 01:46:55 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on August 02, 2016, 12:19:22 PM
Quote from: inowbest on August 02, 2016, 10:23:15 AM
Any predictions for the u21 semis tonight? I would be expecting coalisland to get past carmen but after a good battle. Errigal should beat Stewartstown easy enough.
Cant say I know much about Coalisland, should be a good game up in Galbally however with both teams confident of progressing.  Errigal could get a surprise from Stewartstown if they are not on top of their game.  My predictions would be Carmen and Errigal though.

A game that Carmen left behind. Thought over the hour we were the better team but unfortunately the score board says different. Fair play to Coalisland and good luck to them in the final.
I think we are in bonus territory tonight with this particular team but we will see how it goes

WT4E

Quote from: Mikhailov on August 02, 2016, 10:29:39 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 02, 2016, 09:03:47 PM

Great win for harps - well done. So much for 'inowbest' predicting easy EC win. I think Harps won minor league at this grade 3 years ago so were expected to be strong.

Big derby final v Fianna - will be feisty to say the least !!

Two Derbies in the U21 finals - Kildress to beat the Billy Goats hopefully!

Tyrone95

Yes i think our lads will feel they where the better team over 60 mins vs Coalisland and where just unable to completely overturn the soft goal conceded in first half.  However just lacked that killer accuracy up front, best of luck to Fianna in the final!