Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on September 03, 2007, 11:45:30 AM
I hate this cheerio business - no need for it -Dublin tactics.

It's the ugly side of football and isn't needed. I would like to say it's the younger ones, but as I've witnessed in the past, that is often not the case.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

First of all and most importantly I am glad to hear that Pauls injury is not as serious as first feared. He suffered a bad reaction to a few heavy hits in the first half. Such is championship football!  I was dissapointed at the performance and reaction of our lads when it was obvious that Donaghmore wanted it hard and heavy (which is fair enough In championship). I suspect and hope that our lads will know what to expect on Friday night and I know they will not lack motivation in how to play in this game. There will be a few changes in our team with this in mind. I was dissapointed in the way Emmitt Mc Ginley got himself sent off. He should know better than that.  Bring on Friday night....  We will not be beatin now by heavy football.

rrhf

Cute errigal hoors ;).  BTW great to hear that Quinn is alright.  I was beside a county official at the match would he did not even consider that the game was hard hitting.  I thought that Errigal were very hard hitting myself and would doubt that this young Donaghmore team could withstand that sort of treatment for a full hour.  As for Saturdays game, An errigal panellist said that they were glad for the second chance. Heres to a good game on Friday.   

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on September 03, 2007, 01:01:52 PM
Cute errigal hoors ;).  BTW great to hear that Quinn is alright.  I was beside a county official at the match would he did not even consider that the game was hard hitting.  I thought that Errigal were very hard hitting myself and would doubt that this young Donaghmore team could withstand that sort of treatment for a full hour.  As for Saturdays game, An errigal panellist said that they were glad for the second chance. Heres to a good game on Friday.   

I would agree that we are glad of the second chance. Donaghmore had us on the ropes and down to 14 men. We now know what to expect and should be ready for it. Expect to see a few old familiar faces start on Friday night. They can handle Hard stuff and issue it as well ;) ;)

rrhf

:) we will keep playing the football.

EC Unique

Hereiam

How r Errigal 3rds comin on EC. Did they win at the weekend.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteHow r Errigal 3rds comin on EC. Did they win at the weekend.

They beat our good selfs (Owen Roes) 0-13 to 2-5 at the weekend. No excuses, but that was the youngest side we have ever fielded IMHO. Out of the 15 players that started our first game of the season- when everyone was available- we had 3 players on. One of those was a minor, and another was a corner back that we had to play at FF!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

Quote from: Redhandfan on September 02, 2007, 11:28:56 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2007, 07:51:20 PM
result from todays div 1b league: stewartstown 0-7 kildress 1-13. the harps kicked 10 wides in 2nd half so it could have been closer. we were always going to get it tight having taking part in castlewellan 7's the day before and also with another 4 key men missing as well. we got a trouncing in the reserves but at least we fielded in both games today. the easy option would have been to not field in protest at the GAC's ridiculous decision not to postpone todays games.

Why were Gareth Devlin and Peter Armour not playing for Stewartstown at the Castlewellan Sevens on Saturday?  You did well to reach the quarter-finals without them.

It is a joke that the County Board made you play that league game with Kildress.  After all, you were one of only four clubs representing Tyrone at Ulster's premier 7-a-side competition. 

gareth devlin is suspended until mid october while armour had something else to go to on saturday. we were also missing good 7's players in cp devlin, owen coyle and eddie laverty as well. as for the GAC - have absolutely no time for any of them anymore.

clarshack

Quote from: patsymcgurk on September 03, 2007, 09:17:29 AM
the tones are back. stuffed stewartstown yday, grimes and kelly class although tintown are rubbish

i thought we were going to get rid of pricks like these whenever school started. one of the reasons why i came back to this board.

snappiered

Kildress V Trillick a big one in our Division this weekend. The reds have come good recently with the Wolfe Tones being fairly consistent all year. As for Stewartstown they have been unlucky this year they have lost seven or eight games by a point or two. We have to go to Edendork on Sunday tried to get it changed but it didnt suit them. It always a tough place for us to take points from.

orangeman

I'd say there will be a big crowd in Omagh for the refixture on Friday night  - what will the new line up be for Errigal - can anyone line out the original Donaghmore line up that played last week ?

oneillcup2007

I dont know I like many others went to Edendork on Saturday and found that Errigal were shocking poor - undoubtedly Donaghmore would have taken them that night as they were concentrating on the football and I thought errigal should have had at least 2 men lined.  But I think the village have missed the boat and through no fault of their own. I expect Errigal to be 10 times better with Pascal, Peter, Peter Loughran, Cormac Mc Ginley and Sparky coming into the fray. The Errigal men will be sledging  and are similar to Meath in 96 with many looking at it as their last chance of an O Neill cup medal, and will possibly use that melee tactic they used against Coalisland last year to good effect  but that sheer hunger and that cant be bought experience should see the peoples favourites through, Id expect handy enough.  They will have trouble before the seasons over as Fianna will not be beat by the same tactics they employed last year.  In such an interesting year for the ONeillcup2007 in the last 5 teams we have last years champions, EC,  the 1990 champions,(Fianna) the 1927 champions (Donaghmore) the 1917 champions (Cookstown) and the "never had no cups but plenty of hype" Dromore side.  Is there any more open competition in Gaelic Games at the moment.  This year has such potential to be a truly historic one within Tyrone football,and I for one cant get enough of it.  Roll on Friday night under the lights with the steam hissing off the burger vans and maybe a pint in Mollys after the game.   

Wee Roddy

Such Rubbish from oneillcup2007. Donaghmore where the physical team on Saturday evening targeting Quinn, Ronan Mcrory and Mark Loughran from the start of the game. And why would you see Errigal are the peoples favourites? The whole county is for Donaghmore! You are an idiot.

orangeman

Errigal might not be a different side - if they didn't start with their strongest side on Saturday night, then you would have to ask the question, why not ??? Did Errigal management play a weaker side ? I don't think so - Errigal have now lost Paul Quinn AND Emmett Mc  Ginley for Friday night, so that inevitably means that they will be further weakened on Friday night  - Donaghmore will NEVER have a better chance of winning the O'Neill Cup than this year !! Donaghmore did seem to be the agressors on Saturday night and Errigal were not able to respond cos I think the referee was going to be ready for them ( as he showed when he sent off Mc Ginley ).

Will Sean Quinn be the ref. next time out as well ?