Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Was he on the wind up. Some of his early posts indicate not. Most people give rationale to their opinions.....in which case I don't mind Carmen being dissed. Early on the year I was at it myself because they were terrible

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: billabong on September 24, 2014, 03:38:17 PM
That's where I seen it Norf-incredibly annoying!
What about ORL for the play offs?  ;D

You mean ORONL.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Beard

Quote from: macca123 on September 24, 2014, 02:52:14 PM
Players don't even, they are going around getting pictures with people and promoting the 'pre championship mass'. I have a feeling the occasion could get the better of them as they seem to be getting wrapped up in it quite a bit. Where as I haven't seen anything on social media etc about carrickmore. Just another day for them.

So your basing your full analysis of the omagh players mentality and approach on a few photos on social media? Insightful

WT4E

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 24, 2014, 04:28:12 PM
Was he on the wind up. Some of his early posts indicate not. Most people give rationale to their opinions.....in which case I don't mind Carmen being dissed. Early on the year I was at it myself because they were terrible

You must go to bed at night thinking that everyone's out to get Carmen! lol

Grow up

Wee Roddy

Not at all. Where as a lot of people wouldn't like Carrickmore GFC they still respect them, the same way I respect every other club and man who pulls on a Jersey. It's in our DNA to be defensive as people will always favour a team trying to make the breakthrough. Our lads have had a fantastic 5 years and because they ONLY won a league they are supposed to be lesser men than those that played before.
I'm sorry if it looked as if I was being childish but I thought you were being disrespectful. Perhaps I was wrong and I will leave it at that

WT4E

Apology accepted.

So am I allowed to say this:

I think Omagh will win by 3/4 points - But I won't be putting the mortgage on it!

SuperHo

See in the paper hurson is to ref.  Any thoughts?? Is he the man that reffed an in house tyrone game after which r o'neill was dropped?

rrhf

He refereed the all Ireland minor semi well.  I'd imagine he will do well.

Tyrone Dreamer

A lot of people felt he gave carrickmore an awful lot in the semi v the Moy last year. There was talk he had relatives in carrickmore but I guess you'll always hear stories like that after games when there is question marks over decisions.

gardrumchum

Quote from: Padman on September 13, 2014, 10:41:17 PM
Interesting to here that Omagh Ladies were disqualified as winners in the Ladies Intermediate Championship. It might bring them off their high horse.

Omagh ladies back on their high horse again from what I hear. Maybe Carmen will bring them off it again on Sunday

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on September 25, 2014, 11:31:54 PM
A lot of people felt he gave carrickmore an awful lot in the semi v the Moy last year. There was talk he had relatives in carrickmore but I guess you'll always hear stories like that after games when there is question marks over decisions.
What? He kept Moy in that game in my opinion.
I laughed out loud at the statement about Sean Hurson dropping Ronan O'Neill.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 26, 2014, 08:19:26 AM
What? He kept Moy in that game in my opinion.
I laughed out loud at the statement about Sean Hurson dropping Ronan O'Neill.

I'm not saying he was deliberately biased and I'm sure the talk of relatives in Carrickmore was crap but to say he kept the Moy in the game couldn't be further from the truth. From memory he gave Carrickmore 3 or 4 handy frees in first half to keep them in it, disallowed a 45 (not often you see that) at a crucial time and ignored a certain penalty. Remember a few question marks over his decisions in one of the papers and below is some quotes from on here:

Dell - Ref very poor am sure Moy must feel aggrieved at how he treated both teams both teams. Any of the Moy men know has he a 'history' with you?

MCO - Ref was very suspect tonight, certain penalty and disallowed point stand out, however Carrickmore converted their goal opportunities whereas Moy lacked a bit of luck in that end. Game will have served Carmem well, Moy looked every bit as good and at times a better side than Carmen interestingly

RRHF - I felt the ref had a major influence on the first half when against the wind he kept Carmen in touch and the moy should have been 3 points up when the goal went in. This is the classic way of refereeing a Tyrone championship game. The gallant underdog gets held back in the first half.

Tyrone Gaa - Referee was shocking, he disallowed a 45 that went over the bar for square ball. Didn't give a stone wall penalty, Stevie Wonder would have that foul. The Moy impressed me to be honest, I did earlier predict 8-10 point Carmen win. Although proved right the result completely flattered an unimpressive Carrickmore team. Goals win championship and I'm sure the young moy corner forward will have nightmares over the missed chances. Big Oz charging out at him must of rattled the lad.

However, there isn't many decent referee's out there and its harsh to single out one performance. Hopefully he won't be noticed much on Sunday. Also hoping for a good final. I have a bad feeling it could be a low scoring scrappy affair.

Wee Roddy

People always pick out of games what they want to see. I have watched games live on Tele and thought the ref was awful, even biased at times and if I sky + or watch it later my opinion may change. In the game you talk about I felt that Hurson never gave Carrickmore a chance to play with his fussy interpretation of the rules. How he settles himself on Sunday will have a big bearing as all this talk of Omagh soft underbelly may see a feisty opening to this one

macca123

Quote from: gardrumchum on September 26, 2014, 12:22:06 AM
Quote from: Padman on September 13, 2014, 10:41:17 PM
Interesting to here that Omagh Ladies were disqualified as winners in the Ladies Intermediate Championship. It might bring them off their high horse.

Omagh ladies back on their high horse again from what I hear. Maybe Carmen will bring them off it again on Sunday

don't know how they got away with it, absolute joke

WT4E

Hurson has very strong links to Carrickmore - Surprised they choose him for this even though I feel he is a very good ref.

I wonder how he feels about it - he may have preferred a county final minus Carmen but makes it even more interesting. As wee roddy says it could get tasty given the contracting club styles!