Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

I don't know - you'd have to suspect there will be games that Saturday as no point in letting majority of teams in the county sit with no games. I do understand not putting league games on at the same time as championship matches. It does devalue the championship games a little as every club in my opinion deserves to get a bit of spot light with a big crowd.

Under Lights

Quote from: Hereiam on May 05, 2014, 11:06:49 AM
I see Errigal lll's going well in Div 3. Has there been a change in management?

Influx of players returning from travels has left all Errigal squads stronger. Playoffs or even better tipped for the thirds this year. Be interesting to see if they are in the mix for promotion if there will be any talk of allowing them to go up I know rules say no now but I couldn't see there being many complaints.

EC Unique

Quote from: Under Lights on May 05, 2014, 05:22:06 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on May 05, 2014, 11:06:49 AM
I see Errigal lll's going well in Div 3. Has there been a change in management?

Inlux of players returning from travels has left all Errigal squads stronger. Playoffs or even better tipped for the thirds this year. Be interesting to see if they are in the mix for promotion if there will be any talk of allowing them to go up I know rules say no now but I couldn't see there being many complaints.

Rules do not say no! Can be promoted the same as any other team AFAIK. By the way I don't think they will.

clarshack

Errigal 3rds can be promoted but if they were to win the jfc they wouldn't be allowed to play in ulster.

EC Unique

Quote from: clarshack on May 05, 2014, 11:53:46 PM
Errigal 3rds can be promoted but if they were to win the jfc they wouldn't be allowed to play in ulster.

Correct.

Under Lights

I dunno who is injured or whatever but the likes of Ronan McRory, Sean McKenna, Mark Kavanagh, Michael McCann, Damian dasher all not on Errigal Firsts starting team- would have played in most of the championship games last year. Think Paul Quinn playing thirds. Serious pool of players.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on May 06, 2014, 06:51:57 AM
I dunno who is injured or whatever but the likes of Ronan McRory, Sean McKenna, Mark Kavanagh, Michael McCann, Damian dasher all not on Errigal Firsts starting team- would have played in most of the championship games last year. Think Paul Quinn playing thirds. Serious pool of players.

Has he not spent the last couple of years injured?
Would any of the rest of them be more than peripheral players?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: LeoMc on May 06, 2014, 11:29:34 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on May 06, 2014, 06:51:57 AM

Has he not spent the last couple of years injured?
Would any of the rest of them be more than peripheral players?

he played last year in the senior championship (as did all of those listed)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

skeog

championship games in doubt tyrone minors will be playing monaghan if they beat down monaghan will not play in june due to exams

Up The Middle

Quote from: skeog on May 06, 2014, 01:05:29 PM
championship games in doubt tyrone minors will be playing monaghan if they beat down monaghan will not play in june due to exams

Sure that was always the case, do you mean to say those bright sparks on the county board didnt think of this???????????
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

skeog

because they want the clubs to believe that they want the first round to go ahead knowing in all probability they will have the get out card not our fault lads

everymanaman

Quote from: skeog on May 06, 2014, 05:46:40 PM
because they want the clubs to believe that they want the first round to go ahead knowing in all probability they will have the get out card not our fault lads
Wtf?

Redhand Santa

I'd be surprised if they made the minors play 2 weeks in a row and I'd like to think that if the situation arose some compromise could be made with the ulste council to sort it out. I'm sure they haven't went to the hassle of arranging all the fixtures and going public in the hope of the games being called off.

Man Marker

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 06, 2014, 11:05:21 PM
I'd be surprised if they made the minors play 2 weeks in a row and I'd like to think that if the situation arose some compromise could be made with the ulste council to sort it out. I'm sure they haven't went to the hassle of arranging all the fixtures and going public in the hope of the games being called off.

Could u imagine it happening, of course we could. But wouldn't it some insult to the players who no doubt have ben putting in some fierce work with fitness etc to get ready for the games, never mind the expense clubs would have gone to make sure their players are as best prepared as they can be for the game.

time ticking away

It has been factored in. No clubs with county minors are playing championship on the weekend of 23/25th may. The only way the club championship will not go ahead as planned is if tyrone and down draw or mickey harte decides he doesn't want it to go ahead
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......