Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inthesquare

Not yet the matters still "under investigation" as far as I know

EC Unique

Quote from: inthesquare on September 07, 2012, 10:59:53 AM

So in reality there is a possibility they will not be excluded and this is all a bit of a tizzy about nothing!

LeoMc

Quote from: EC Unique on September 07, 2012, 11:07:01 AM
Quote from: inthesquare on September 07, 2012, 10:59:53 AM

So in reality there is a possibility they will not be excluded and this is all a bit of a tizzy about nothing!

Probably ;D but it provides a bit of entertainment

inthesquare

Wouldn't say about nothing still the matter of wether sludden was approved to play by a board member and how the ruling on the suspension is to be interpeted or enforced. And the correct punishment that has to be deemed on the club if any if found there was a mistake by a board member. But if dromore didn't have the go ahead should just be a basic exclusion wich I would think would of happened by now had they not clearence from a board member

Man Marker

Quote from: inthesquare on September 07, 2012, 10:52:14 AM
But can dromore really be kicked out for a county board members mistake if they had obtained the go ahead is what I would like to know. And if they are kicked out and did have consent from a member of the board then what actions are takin against that board member cause surely he should be penalised in some way too if dromore are. However a replay would probably be the fairest outcome if both clubs should agree

Its not a county board member who makes the rules, its the GAA, and the rule book which is accessible on line from gaa.ie, I'm sure someone from Dromore can read.

blackball

Quote from: LeoMc on September 07, 2012, 10:05:51 AM
Quote from: blackball on September 07, 2012, 09:46:09 AM
That's not the point it doesn't matter how many points are in it, Ardboe could withdraw the appeal but whats to stop omagh appealing if they are beat by dromore in the semi final or Carrickmore appealing if they are beat in the final or Crossmaglen sppealing if Dromore beat them in Ulster(not likely) No matter what happens from now on Dromore still played an illeagal player in this years championship! If the lad made no real differnce why did they bother bringing him on? if this had been the other way around and Ardboe beat dromore with an illegal player there would not even have been an argument they would have been kicked out of the championship by now.

I will assume that as a County Minor he was ineligible for the Reserve championship so they were letting him dip his toes, so to speak, in a safe environment.

I underatand that, but if there is any doubt at all that he might not be eligible to play they should have left him on the bench. I think it was very naive of Dromore not to look into the rule book themselves, bit of common sense would tell you that it might not be a good idea to play a suspended player in a senior QF especially when they were winning the game comfortably.

rrhf

If the county board member was independent of the Dromore Club and all was checked dilligently in advance and subsequently they can produce a letter authorised by the disciplinary authorities within the county board, then the Dromore club should have no case to answer.  However if for example it was the county PRO or facilities management dept it wouldnt hold much weight. 

mick999

http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/09/07/tyrone-gaa-to-investigate-dromore-player-eligibility/

A specially convened meeting of the Tyrone Competitions Control Committee (CCC) will be held on Saturday to discuss an allegation that Dromore played an illegible player in their Senior Championship quarter-final against Ardboe last Sunday.

LeoMc

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 01, 2012, 11:50:32 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 31, 2012, 10:38:40 PM
0:11 to 0:08 win for Killyclogher in the SFC tonight. 4 points from play from Mark Bradley at full forward.

Guess which team everyone will be hoping to get in semi-final draw!

I think Omagh are hoping for Ardboe! ;)

inthesquare

Ah sure it will all be sorted one way or another. Lol but as said a replay seems to be the fairest option. Would make a more interesting game I'm sure that kyle coney would be fit if it did go ahead. And ironically sludden would be eligable this time lol

Club Rossa

Very hard to have any sympathy for Dromore when you listen to Paul McIver's interview with teamtalk after the game.
Ironic that he talks about the final nail in the coffin...

Norf Tyrone

Are the County by-laws in the public domain anywhere?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tommo2

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 07, 2012, 02:00:13 PM

Very hard to have any sympathy for Dromore when you listen to Paul McIver's interview with teamtalk after the game.
Ironic that he talks about the final nail in the coffin...

It was certainly a poor choice of words. Would anyone have any sympathy for Dromore? or has their behaviour over the years mean that sympathy would be in short supply? 

Radda bout yeee

See what happens when you listen to a woman!!!   ;D