Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Is this now the precedent for such offences? Must get to the gym over the winter to get ready for watching games next year :)

blewuporstuffed

who where the 3 carmen players suspended?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

skeog

tommo no dromore players involved in fighting so how can they be suspended on your other point depends who the player is county or ordinary club player and it means both clubs will be able to concentrate on winning championship only next year and who knows could meet in the final county board would love that sure the people from all over ireland would have to attend it going by the interest shown in this minor scuffle who have nothing else to fill the gaa pages with at this time of year people like joe brolly who has earned his wealth from her majestys goverment

Wee Roddy

What the suspension for, whilst lowering your "eyebrowes" for continually giving verbally, some of which could be deemed as slanderous abuse to referees and players.
Tommo do you honestly think players went out to intially get the game abandoned? If you do you have never played the f**king game you dick

midnightcaller

Quote from: EC Unique on November 25, 2011, 10:34:39 AM
Quote from: Tommo2 on November 25, 2011, 10:02:03 AM
Are these reports of suspensions true and accurate. i thought they would have been more severe on the players involved in the fighting, especially Dromore players.

By the way, what is the usual suspension for verbally threatening a referee?

That depends on if you are a county player or not! If you are a county player there is a 'block' on getting suspended for such an offence.

Your own club would know all about that EC?.... Manys a year ago....
Not your place to be talking me thinks!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tommo2 on November 25, 2011, 10:39:48 AM
Are these reports of suspensions true and accurate. i thought they would have been more severe on the players involved in the fighting, especially Dromore players.

That depends on if you are a county player or not! If you are a county player there is a 'block' on getting suspended for such an offence.

Well fair play to the ref for finishing the game.
fair play to him for finishing the game, but its a pity he wasnt striong enough to report a high profile player for the verbal abuse he got from him
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Sky Blue Gael

Quote from: skeog on November 25, 2011, 10:42:46 AM
tommo no dromore players involved in fighting so how can they be suspended on your other point depends who the player is county or ordinary club player and it means both clubs will be able to concentrate on winning championship only next year and who knows could meet in the final county board would love that sure the people from all over ireland would have to attend it going by the interest shown in this minor scuffle who have nothing else to fill the gaa pages with at this time of year people like joe brolly who has earned his wealth from her majestys goverment

To be fair they might not have started it or may have reacted to something but the carmen players were hardly fighting themselves!  ???

EC Unique

Quote from: midnightcaller on November 25, 2011, 10:44:24 AM

Bollocks!  Shame on Dromore and Carrickmore for dragging the GAA's name through the muck.

Nally Stand

tommo no dromore players involved in fighting so how can they be suspended

I suppose gaby got a black eye from walking into a door in the changing room then  ::)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: EC Unique on November 25, 2011, 10:51:05 AM

Bollocks!  Shame on Dromore and Carrickmore for dragging the GAA's name through the muck.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tommo2

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 25, 2011, 10:44:03 AM
What the suspension for, whilst lowering your "eyebrowes" for continually giving verbally, some of which could be deemed as slanderous abuse to referees and players.
Tommo do you honestly think players went out to intially get the game abandoned? If you do you have never played the f**king game you dick

Not players - just a certain player is supposed to have threatened the ref that if he finished the game, then he would never referee again. Only the ref can verify if that actually happened.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tommo2 on November 25, 2011, 10:58:15 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 25, 2011, 10:44:03 AM

Not players - just a certain player is supposed to have threatened the ref that if he finished the game, then he would never referee again. Only the ref can verify if that actually happened.

There were rumours that there were up to 50 people fighting in the stand and that the Carmen supporter who had part of his ear chewed off actually just caught his earring in the fence. Rumours. Useful.  ::)

EC Unique

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 25, 2011, 10:54:44 AM

As usual Nally you are full of sh1t. Errigal's disipline record is squeeky clean in comparison to Carrickmore's. Carrickmore are fast becoming known as a bunch of thugs through out Ireland. Something us Tyrone folk have known for a long long time.

Nally Stand

Quote from: EC Unique on November 25, 2011, 11:22:09 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 25, 2011, 10:54:44 AM

As usual Nally you are full of sh1t. Errigal's disipline record is squeeky clean in comparison to Carrickmore's. Carrickmore are fast becoming known as a bunch of thugs through out Ireland. Something us Tyrone folk have known for a long long time.

The overload was just too much.

MR99

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 25, 2011, 10:51:37 AM
tommo no dromore players involved in fighting so how can they be suspended

I suppose gaby got a black eye from walking into a door in the changing room then  ::)

He didn't get hit in the game according to the DVD so maybe the Dromore woman he married deservedly gave it to him when he got home  ???   :D

On a serious note, in my opinion the county board have made a complete farce of the league next year if these 2 can't compete for it.