Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnightcaller

Clonoe lifted their sixth Tyrone SFC title and a first since 1991 with a dramatic extra-time win over defending champions Dromore at Healy Park.

Only one point from play was scored in the first half, Eoin O'Neill's effort helping Dromore to a 0-5 to 0-3 lead.

But Dromore were reduced to 14 men when corner forward Emmet O'Neill received a straight red card.

Dromore fought back to force extra-time and a Stephen McNulty 45 proved to be the winner for Damien Cassidy's side.

Later on, Domore manager Noel McGinn apologised for an incident at the end of normal time, when he was involved in a clash with a Clonoe player as the teams left the field.

"I was very disappointed with myself," said the former Tyrone player, who guided Dromore to their first-ever SFC title last season.

"I know exactly what I did, and I am going to have to take full responsibility for that, but in no way should the club suffer.

"It was a silly thing, and somebody of my experience should have known better, and I want to apologise to the Clonoe club."

bigfrank

Well thats a start Noel, glad he came out and said that!!

Tommo2

Noel McGinn has apologised:
Later on, Domore manager Noel McGinn apologised for an incident at the end of normal time, when he was involved in a clash with a Clonoe player as the teams left the field.

"I was very disappointed with myself," said the former Tyrone player, who guided Dromore to their first-ever SFC title last season.

"I know exactly what I did, and I am going to have to take full responsibility for that, but in no way should the club suffer.

"It was a silly thing, and somebody of my experience should have known better, and I want to apologise to the Clonoe club."

fred the red

Quote from: ziggysego on October 26, 2008, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on October 26, 2008, 04:56:44 PM
mcginn should be banned from the football pitch for life - as dirty an action as i have seen!!

I wouldn't agree. In fairness to McGinn he was trying to calm things down and some Clonoe tr**p came in a hit him. McGinn shouldn't have lost head admittely, but he just saw red and lashed out.

ziggy that sort of comment could get this board closed down  >:(

Crocodiletears

>:( Its very easy to apologise now i bet if Dromore would have won the game they would have had a right laugh over it in the bar. Noel Mc Ginn should hope and pray that the victim of his head butt does not pursue this in court as he will find himself charged with GBH, how can you expect players to be well mannered if this is the example their manager is showing to them god only knows what he told them before extra time. I like all of yourselves witnessed this on Tnag and clearly the umpire (beefy as he is known ) seen everything that happened he even went on to restrain number 5 from Clonoe who by the way was fully justified in sticking up for his team mate. Now should the umpire not have notified the referee about what happened and Noel Mc Ginn should have been sent of meaning he could not be on the line for extra time also number 5 to be lined some what unfortunate though. I think i speak for all of the neutrals who watched the game in wishing Clonoe congratulations and good luck in representing Tyrone in Ulster.

kickingmule

:( :( very disappointed with Augher display, jayas finishing with 13 men as well ..... no drink tonight ,     ah f**k it, might head down to the lough shore ....ziggy will ya do taxi?????

FermPundit

Quote from: kickingmule on October 26, 2008, 08:06:18 PM
:( :( very disappointed with Augher display, jayas finishing with 13 men as well ..... no drink tonight ,     ah f**k it, might head down to the lough shore ....ziggy will ya do taxi?????

Where you at the game? If so, which players stood out for Coa?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Doire abú

Good to see the John McLaughlin and O'Neill Cups resting on the Lough Shore!!   :) :) :) :)

When is Minor final replay?

ziggysego

:( :( very disappointed with Augher display, jayas finishing with 13 men as well ..... no drink tonight ,     ah f**k it, might head down to the lough shore ....ziggy will ya do taxi?????

Hard luck mule. Was hoping yas would make a good show and maybe end up in Croke Park. No taxi-ing tonight, hitting the sack early.
Testing Accessibility

kickingmule

Quote from: FermPundit on October 26, 2008, 08:09:03 PM
:( :( very disappointed with Augher display, jayas finishing with 13 men as well ..... no drink tonight ,     ah f**k it, might head down to the lough shore ....ziggy will ya do taxi?????

Where you at the game? If so, which players stood out for Coa?
na ferm ..... wish i had now ..... still waiting on some news of the game!  .... disappointed with the game in omagh though!

tyrone86

Congrats to Clonoe, who was the last team to win a Tyrone Championship without any county men? Ardboe 87 perhaps?

As a spectacle that was the worst county final I've seen in some time.

McGinn - pig and grunt come to mind.

I don't think one of the Omagh mentors covered himself in glory either with his behaviour during the minor game

kickingmule

Quote from: ziggysego on October 26, 2008, 08:22:14 PM

Hard luck mule. Was hoping yas would make a good show and maybe end up in Croke Park. No taxi-ing tonight, hitting the sack early.
aye its a disappointing result alright .... was expecting the lads to push ulster, .... but fair play to coa. "give it a rattle now"
good luck ... Clonoe,   push on in ulster now!

jodyb

Quote from: Doire abú on October 26, 2008, 08:09:41 PM
Good to see the John McLaughlin and O'Neill Cups resting on the Lough Shore!!   :) :) :) :)

Clonoe, Lough Shore? Is it? I wuda thought that Clonoe boundary was at least a half mile from lough shore? Can somebody clarify?

Doire abú

Quote from: jodyb on October 26, 2008, 08:54:34 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on October 26, 2008, 08:09:41 PM

Clonoe, Lough Shore? Is it? I wuda thought that Clonoe boundary was at least a half mile from lough shore? Can somebody clarify?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tyrone/maps/parish.html

Ok Dernagh and Annaghmore would be a it from the Lough Shore but it does border the Lough, so we'll claim it.

Norf Tyrone

Boys I never seen what McGinn did but you are being very hard on the fella. Obviously he was completely in the wrong, overcome by emotions and struck out. However he has been big enough to come out and apologise.

I never realised I was in such comapny of angels!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone