Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Derrytresk banned for 5 years!!! Must be up now...

clarshack

Could see the Rock struggling again in division 2 next season.
Hard to know how the derg will get on.

Mikhailov

Quote from: clarshack on November 25, 2016, 11:13:00 PM

clarshack, you lads haven't set that div2 alight in recent seasons so it must be a tough league. However, I feel Rock would hold their own as they have recent experience in it whereas the 'Derg have none therefore may struggle.
Any word on a manager down your way ?

clarshack

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 25, 2016, 11:19:42 PM

clarshack, you lads haven't set that div2 alight in recent seasons so it must be a tough league. However, I feel Rock would hold their own as they have recent experience in it whereas the 'Derg have none therefore may struggle.

You're 100% right about us. Seriously underachieving - a bit like Pomeroy before this year. Pomeroy should have won u21s 3 seasons ago and only took until now to get up. Hopefully we get a decent man in and get our act together because the potential is there.

Mikhailov

Quote from: clarshack on November 25, 2016, 11:47:03 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on November 25, 2016, 11:19:42 PM

You're 100% right about us. Seriously underachieving - a bit like Pomeroy before this year. Pomeroy should have won u21s 3 seasons ago and only took until now to get up. Hopefully we get a decent man in and get our act together because the potential is there.

You never answered the question - who is in the running?

I heard a few big names mentioned to try and sort you lads out !!

The Trap

Rock we're beat by loughmacrory in play off last year..........who benefitted most from that and are having a memorable season?

clarshack

Quote from: The Trap on November 26, 2016, 10:19:32 AM
Rock we're beat by loughmacrory in play off last year..........who benefitted most from that and are having a memorable season?

Would have thought Loughmacrory benefitted more? From escaping relegation they went onto win the Ulster Intermediate League and reached the promotion playoff places this season.

longballin

Quote from: clarshack on November 25, 2016, 09:48:04 PM
Think the rule is that you can't defend an Ulster Intermediate or Junior the following season.

Sure if you're promoted you couldnt defend it anyway

clarshack

Quote from: longballin on November 26, 2016, 02:13:03 PM
Think the rule is that you can't defend an Ulster Intermediate or Junior the following season.

I think in some counties in the past, certain clubs haven't moved up to the intermediate championship when they have won the junior.

longballin

Quote from: clarshack on November 26, 2016, 02:21:47 PM
Quote from: longballin on November 26, 2016, 02:13:03 PM

I think in some counties in the past, certain clubs haven't moved up to the intermediate championship when they have won the junior.

Ok. Then you had counties where clubs nominate what championship to be in - strange.

The Trap

Really clarshack an Ulster club in Feb and an oul play off game in October are better than winning a championship and then playing in clones breffini and Newry in an ulster championship?

longballin

Quote from: The Trap on November 26, 2016, 02:29:23 PM
Really clarshack an Ulster club in Feb and an oul play off game in October are better than winning a championship and then playing in clones breffini and Newry in an ulster championship?

Thats why a team shouldnt be allowed to compete in provincial competition within five years of winning it. Too much yo-yoing and is an incentive to not care about relegation... eg: Cookstown had to players to stay in senior but spent time going up and down making a cod of the thing

Mikhailov

Quote from: The Trap on November 26, 2016, 02:29:23 PM

I agree with clarshack on this one. Better to be knocking round the top end of Div 2 than winning a junior championship for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.....no doubt about it !!

The Trap

Maybe better to be playing in a higher division but certainly not more memorable........what about kildress last year......won a play off match and got to higher division and won one game all year......was that memorable?  Urney are probably in for something similar. ....very hard to step in to a higher division.......trillick obviously did a magnificent job but I would say the club who have made the most remarkable progress in last 10 years is greencastle........

Mikhailov

Quote from: The Trap on November 26, 2016, 04:55:28 PM
Maybe better to be playing in a higher division but certainly not more memorable........what about kildress last year......won a play off match and got to higher division and won one game all year......was that memorable?  Urney are probably in for something similar. ....very hard to step in to a higher division.......trillick obviously did a magnificent job but I would say the club who have made the most remarkable progress in last 10 years is greencastle........

The Lough contested and were competitive at the top end of Div2 so for that reason they had better season.....in the long run.