Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: The Trap on August 22, 2016, 10:26:02 AM
What's the story with Clonoe at the minute? Don't seem to be going as well as recent years. Can they turn it on against Omagh?

Underestimate Clonoe at your peril. Would imagine the winners of Clonoe/Omagh will be the only real contenders to challenge Dromore this year.

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: GaelTheGael on August 22, 2016, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: redzone on August 21, 2016, 10:25:17 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 21, 2016, 09:14:55 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 21, 2016, 07:54:35 PM
Quote from: Jeremiah O on August 20, 2016, 01:21:36 PM
Dromore would beat the pick of us and Edendork.

Dromore 22 point winners over Greencastle today.
Missing Cathal McCarron, Ronan McNabb and Sean McDonnell. Serious Serious Team.

That's f**king embarrassing that hammering, a week or two before your championship game. Greencastle should be in div2
Very harsh on Greencastle. They have been ever present in Division 1 this past 6/7 years and never looked out of place. Again the year they are safe with games to spare. Would put this result down to Dromore being very strong and having tremendous depth rather than Greencastle being an embarrassment. Edendork were beat by 23 points last week and I didn't see anyone calling them a disgrace?

Dromore have shown a ruthless streak at various times this year in the league  as I'm sure Strabane, Galbally, Clonoe and Trillick would agree. Greencastle had just played Augher on Thursday night winning by 8 points to edge them towards safety in a hastely arranged game, running Dromore close a couple of days later wasn't going to make or break their season. With the limited resources at their disposal all involved should be commended for their efforts

superstar_

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on August 22, 2016, 01:26:42 PM
Quote from: The Trap on August 22, 2016, 10:26:02 AM
What's the story with Clonoe at the minute? Don't seem to be going as well as recent years. Can they turn it on against Omagh?

Underestimate Clonoe at your peril. Would imagine the winners of Clonoe/Omagh will be the only real contenders to challenge Dromore this year.
The way the championship is set up. Dromore and Coalisland virtually land to the semi finals untested and unchallenged. Errigal or Killyclogher have to come through Trillick to get to the Semis and Clonoe or Omagh have to come through Carrickmore to get to the semis. That is a hard run for any of them six teams and are bound to take their toll. Especially if last years championship is anything to go by with each team losing after a big performance in the previous round. Dont think Coalisland have the quality to beat two of the big guns and win it, but definetly on their day could beat anyone and a final appearence is definetly not out of the question. On this I cant see past Dromore with an easy run to the semis and with the depth in their squad.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Mikhailov on August 21, 2016, 10:25:52 PM

How did your mate Cahir go today against some good defenders ???
Don't know what your spite is against him is but the Second Top Scorer in the league (Playing as a midfielder for most of the season at that) kicked a couple of points, wasn't a great game for Greencastle going forward.

TF15

Tattyreagh will be hard stopped in Junior cship, fine display yesterday.

redhandofgod

Any odds for the senior & intermediate championships?

Fuzzman

Reading the Strabane Chronicle there I see we (CNG) gave Dregish a massive hammering. Looks like we're back playing half decent again. I see Gareth McDermott is back home playing again. He was our top scorer for years.
Did we beat ye last year Norf?

Any news on the outcome of the Castlederg game? Will there be suspensions?

Uncle Kev

Is it true that kildress and Killyclogher boxed over the wrong type of mayonnaise being used on the after match sarnies? Refereeing is becoming a very dangerous activity nowadays; I was told this morning if Carmen had lost on Friday night the supporters never would gave left skin on Eugene mc Connell ! And there's me thinking he was one of our top ones !

Mikhailov

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 22, 2016, 02:45:39 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on August 21, 2016, 10:25:52 PM

How did your mate Cahir go today against some good defenders ???
Don't know what your spite is against him is but the Second Top Scorer in the league (Playing as a midfielder for most of the season at that) kicked a couple of points, wasn't a great game for Greencastle going forward.

I have nothing against Cahir and never said I had. You seem to think he is the answer to the forward problem in Tyrone and he may well be but I think there are a lot of men ahead of him in the queue waiting on a chance - some of them are on the existing Tyrone panel but don't get any game time from the start for a period of games. Lee Brennan, Niall McKenna, Mark Bradley and lads like that deserve a sustained run of games to see if they have it or not...maybe Cahir as well but our system doesn't suit forwards and that was the point I was trying to make in my earlier reply. No point scoring a bagful on Friday night in Championship v Carmen as it won't matter - athletic ability seems to be the first requirement nowadays.

Jeremiah O

Eugene McConnell only got out of Ardboe this morning,I saw him in big Patrick McConville's shop.Was waiting til the Carmen crowd had dispersed.
Unconquered and unconquerable

scout

Does anyone know if the £90 season ticket for all championship games is available this year?

Uncle Kev

Quote from: scout on August 22, 2016, 07:20:35 PM
Does anyone know if the £90 season ticket for all championship games is available this year?
yes I bought mine for 30 euro at Jonesboro market yesterday !

skeog

Think Pat Hickey has a few spare ones give him a ring

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 22, 2016, 03:41:03 PM
Reading the Strabane Chronicle there I see we (CNG) gave Dregish a massive hammering. Looks like we're back playing half decent again. I see Gareth McDermott is back home playing again. He was our top scorer for years.
Did we beat ye last year Norf?

Any news on the outcome of the Castlederg game? Will there be suspensions?

CNG were excellent yesterday. Played really well.

We won last year with a lucky goal by all accounts.

From what I know CNG and The Derg had 1 player each suspended and the match called null and void.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

jb81

Hi

Just wondering if there is anywhere online where you can access the up to date Tyrone league tables?

Thanks
JB