Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nothingbettertobeat

it had no bearing on the final result but by f**k we have worst set of referees in the game within Tyrone.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

inroundthesquare

Clonoe will be favourites now and rightly so, no team has got close to them in the championship yet. Carrickmore will not give them it as easy the next day though. They were the stronger team throughout today, always used the right option and clinical in front of goal except for the penalty miss. In fairness Collie Doris kept his head up and had a great second half. The 2 McNulty's, McAliskey, PJ Lavery and Dwayne Quinn also stood out.

Moortown Spuds

I thought McHugh did well to keep a lid on things. Hurson yesterday was comical, a basic understanding of the rules should be a requirement for any referee.

Will everyone be hoping for a Carrickmore win? Clonoe supporters and players, while being fine people away from a gaelic football pitch, are complete white trash when near it. Such language, words I didnt know that women knew, were being boomed across O'Neill park.

rrhf

Terrible comment tarring a club, deserves No response. I also felt mc Hugh whilst not wanting to send errigal men off let's face it the game was over, done okay. For a lad to come back from a serious injury like he got in the county final was a credit to him.

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 06, 2013, 07:19:49 PM
Will everyone be hoping for a Carrickmore win? Clonoe supporters and players, while being fine people away from a gaelic football pitch, are complete white trash when near it. Such language, words I didnt know that women knew, were being boomed across O'Neill park.

Compared to those saintly Carrickmore supporters who were never involved in anything remotely controversial.

EC Unique

Fair play to Clonoe. They were miles better than us in the second half. Very strong and well organised. They will have no problem next week if they bring the same hunger to Omagh. Errigal will regroup and be stronger next year.

rrhf

Errigal losing mc Ginley mid seaso was a big blow. Tore the heart from that team when it really mattered and today there was no leadership. Hard luck

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 06, 2013, 07:19:49 PM
I thought McHugh did well to keep a lid on things. Hurson yesterday was comical, a basic understanding of the rules should be a requirement for any referee.

Is this a piss take?
First on the field and last to leave

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on October 06, 2013, 07:55:31 PM
Errigal losing mc Ginley mid seaso was a big blow. Tore the heart from that team when it really mattered and today there was no leadership. Hard luck

This is true but after our inspired performance against a fancied Dromore side I thought we had enough but obviously not. We have blooded a few young lads this year and it won't be too long until we challenge again. The key to beating Errigal is to stop Pete Harte and Clonoe did that very effectively today.

giveherlong

Very impressed with clonoe today. They play a great brand of football. Great variation between long early kicking into mcnulty and mcalliskey which caused EC quite a bit of bother. Also strong running game at times with half backs pushing forward for 3 crucial scores. Very impressed with number 5 and 7 for clonoe and no 2 who pushed forward for a tidy score. Some great fetches from colm Doris and Stephen mcnulty was very impressive keeping tabs on Peter Harte and also driving forward, got a great score with his right. Mcnulty on the edge of the square for clonoe is capable of winning any type of ball and is a real threat in the air. Clonoe sub McClure (I think) showed real battling qualities to win a free as the game was being closed out. Only worry for clonoe Wor be injury to Shane o'hagan. Not sure if it is serious. Surprised colm Doris never got more of a chance for Tyrone, any time I seem him for clonoe he has been excellent. Mcnulty in mid field would also be due more county game time you'd think. On a side note shane Mallon was very impressive for killeeshil in the junior game

SkillfulBill

Very impressed by Clonoe today.  Very fit, strong, mobile and extremely well drilled. I have said it before that Mickey Harte really needs to have a look at some of these lads. The two mcnultys and collie Doris are as good as what is on the current Tyrone panel. I can't see Carman getting close next week.  On a side note I would like to see Dungannon getting more of these big games. The stewarding and atmosphere in ONeill Park is always excellent.

skeog

ec will manager be staying in your opinion enda mc ginley would be obvious choice if ronan was leaving

EC Unique

I really hope he stays. Brilliant manager who has a great releationship with the players. They have a massive amount of respect for him.

giveherlong

What about the fella coney who used to play half back for clonoe, has he retired?

Club Rossa

I think Shane Coney is in Australia.