Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Snowy's this one in the article? Red Sean's the other one?
Dromore for Ulster Club.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 13, 2009, 09:57:29 PM

Nope, that's Red Sean in the article.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

wheres he takin er from

Dromore for ulster club eh? Dangerous way to be thinking never mind posting.
First on the field and last to leave

Gabriel_Hurl

What I wouldn't give to be at home this weekend  :'(

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: amigo on October 13, 2009, 03:08:29 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on October 13, 2009, 02:28:35 PM
Quote from: mick the master on October 13, 2009, 01:46:33 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on October 13, 2009, 01:43:03 PM
Quote from: mick the master on October 13, 2009, 01:36:03 PM
Quote from: MR99 on October 13, 2009, 11:01:38 AM
Quote from: mick the master on October 12, 2009, 11:39:53 PM
Welcome to the crazy house Sanchez.  Would agree with a lot of your suggestions.  I think Caolan Daly from Eglish has been very impressive this year and deserves a shout as does Paul McGurk from Carmen.  Regarding Niall Donnelly he must have had his only good game of the year against you's, I would struggle to think of a Division 1 club team he would make, should try rugby the amount of times he puts the ball over the sideline and Fintona players tell me his attitude is very poor

its Colm Mc Gurk not Paul

Sorry, its Colm McGurk I meant, fine player with a lot of drive and determination.  Of the lot that are named I think Harte will go for McNabb, Mark Donnelly and Peter Hughes,  You will see Mattie Donnelly in too.  Micky Garry and Paul Rafferty are fine footballers but Harte not going to call them in at their age.  McConville and Garry's battle in Sunday will let Harte know if McConville is up to it.
Harte will not even look at Colm Mc Gurk cause mc gurk had an incident with his son Mark in a club match afew years ago!

Don't think McGurk would be called up anyway. He's not really the type of person who would integrate well in the Tyrone set-up. More a personality thing than ability.
Welcome to the crazy house Sanchez.  Would agree with a lot of your suggestions.  I think Caolan Daly from Eglish has been very impressive this year and deserves a shout as does Paul McGurk from Carmen.  Regarding Niall Donnelly he must have had his only good game of the year against you's, I would struggle to think of a Division 1 club team he would make, should try rugby the amount of times he puts the ball over the sideline and Fintona players tell me his attitude is very poor

Sorry, its Colm McGurk I meant, fine player with a lot of drive and determination.  Of the lot that are named I think Harte will go for McNabb, Mark Donnelly and Peter Hughes,  You will see Mattie Donnelly in too.  Micky Garry and Paul Rafferty are fine footballers but Harte not going to call them in at their age.  McConville and Garry's battle in Sunday will let Harte know if McConville is up to it.
Harte will not even look at Colm Mc Gurk cause mc gurk had an incident with his son Mark in a club match afew years ago!
Quote from: Tommo2 on October 13, 2009, 01:43:03 PM

Don't think McGurk would be called up anyway. He's not really the type of person who would integrate well in the Tyrone set-up. More a personality thing than ability.
what do u mean its a personality thing?

There are players in Tyrone of equal or better standard than Colm who may be better squad/team members. Don't think he would have the correct attitude for being a squad member.

How well do you know him Tommo??

Mark Donnelly is a must for that squad, he has something that tyrone is missing, very direct!
pity the season wasnt starting now again the form mulligans in!!!!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Zapatista

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 13, 2009, 11:24:02 PM
Mark Donnelly is a must for that squad, he has something that tyrone is missing, very direct!
pity the season wasnt starting now again the form mulligans in!!!!

There are few footballers in Ireland as direct as Stevie O'Neill never mind in Tyrone.

Wee Roddy

Tommo2 you have spouted some verbal dung this past page or two.
You state that there are players of a better standard than McGurk not on the county squad. I dont agree. McGurk would actually be rated in Carmen as a better player than Conor Gormley. He would be the first to admit that he had a discipline problem as a young player but he has that sorted now while still playing on the edge.
I have seen Carmen play every game bar one this year and there has been no one more impressive.
....and the raving about the personality. WTF does that mean????

orangeman

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 14, 2009, 09:15:17 AM
Tommo2 you have spouted some verbal dung this past page or two.
You state that there are players of a better standard than McGurk not on the county squad. I dont agree. McGurk would actually be rated in Carmen as a better player than Conor Gormley. He would be the first to admit that he had a discipline problem as a young player but he has that sorted now while still playing on the edge.
I have seen Carmen play every game bar one this year and there has been no one more impressive.
....and the raving about the personality. WTF does that mean????

Having seen Carmen quite a few times this year, I don't think anybody would argue this point. Mc Gurk has been outstanding this year in particular and is a class act.

MR99

Dromore for Ulster Club.

I would imagine Dromore would be delighted to just get over Sunday never mind the Ulster club.  Some say they had their eyes on bigger things last year and look what Clonoe done, I would rate Ardboe a better team than Clonoe.  In any case, no matter which team emerges, they would have an extremely tough task in the quarter final facing a Clontibret team with the Mone's, Vinny Corey and Conor McManus on board, in Clones too.  Get through that and the small matter of a St. Gall's team that would be thinking of St. Patrick's Day in Croke Park never mind an Ulster club.  Ardboe or Dromore would have a huge task this year to win Ulster, so Sunday will be the only thing in their minds at the minute.

Zapatista

Quote from: MR99 on October 14, 2009, 09:53:48 AM
Dromore for Ulster Club.

I would imagine Dromore would be delighted to just get over Sunday never mind the Ulster club.  Some say they had their eyes on bigger things last year and look what Clonoe done, I would rate Ardboe a better team than Clonoe.  In any case, no matter which team emerges, they would have an extremely tough task in the quarter final facing a Clontibret team with the Mone's, Vinny Corey and Conor McManus on board, in Clones too.  Get through that and the small matter of a St. Gall's team that would be thinking of St. Patrick's Day in Croke Park never mind an Ulster club.  Ardboe or Dromore would have a huge task this year to win Ulster, so Sunday will be the only thing in their minds at the minute.

It's not even an issue. 74 years to win our only county championship and 7 final loses. I'd say Dromore set out for one goal this year and they have yet to achieved it.

DCR

As many people suspected, there was more to Sean Cavanagh's non appearance for 50 mins of the AI Semi than a simple case of diarrhea. (Aertel Page 207)

But has Mickey Harte breached the bond of trust and confidence that should exist between Player and Manager and done a "Judas" on Cavanagh for his thirty pieces of silver.

And is it not Harte's responsibility to support a player or players (like Cavanagh) who is/are under stress on the eve of a big occasion.
And if he didn't know - why did he not know if he was in tune with his panel? Or did his "intermediary" let him down.

Or is it a case of revenge because of Cavanagh's "Jekyll and Hyde" comments earlier this year?

And is this the beginning of the end for Mickey Harte.

Fear ón Srath Bán

As you say yourself:  Tout ce qui est exagéré est insignifiant... alors, non, non, non, non et non.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Knock Yer Mucker In

Dromore for Ulster Club.

I would imagine Dromore would be delighted to just get over Sunday never mind the Ulster club.  Some say they had their eyes on bigger things last year and look what Clonoe done, I would rate Ardboe a better team than Clonoe.   In any case, no matter which team emerges, they would have an extremely tough task in the quarter final facing a Clontibret team with the Mone's, Vinny Corey and Conor McManus on board, in Clones too.  Get through that and the small matter of a St. Gall's team that would be thinking of St. Patrick's Day in Croke Park never mind an Ulster club.  Ardboe or Dromore would have a huge task this year to win Ulster, so Sunday will be the only thing in their minds at the minute.

Just don't understand how you can say that. Arboe have not beaten any of the recognised top team in Tyrone this yr yet in the championship. Last year we beat Errigal, Carrickmore and Dromore to win the championship, all the top teams in Tyrone. No disrespect to Arboe, but they have had a handy run to the final, which BTW I hope they win.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 14, 2009, 03:28:53 PM
As you say yourself:  Tout ce qui est exagéré est insignifiant... alors, non, non, non, non et non.

It's wile hard to understand that Strabane accent hi

DCR

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 14, 2009, 03:31:44 PM
Dromore for Ulster Club.

I would imagine Dromore would be delighted to just get over Sunday never mind the Ulster club.  Some say they had their eyes on bigger things last year and look what Clonoe done, I would rate Ardboe a better team than Clonoe.   In any case, no matter which team emerges, they would have an extremely tough task in the quarter final facing a Clontibret team with the Mone's, Vinny Corey and Conor McManus on board, in Clones too.  Get through that and the small matter of a St. Gall's team that would be thinking of St. Patrick's Day in Croke Park never mind an Ulster club.  Ardboe or Dromore would have a huge task this year to win Ulster, so Sunday will be the only thing in their minds at the minute.

Just don't understand how you can say that. Arboe have not beaten any of the recognised top team in Tyrone this yr yet in the championship. Last year we beat Errigal, Carrickmore and Dromore to win the championship, all the top teams in Tyrone. No disrespect to Arboe, but they have had a handy run to the final, which BTW I hope they win.
And this year?