Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioulster

Quote from: aroundincircles on May 03, 2009, 08:22:29 PM
Was up at derrylaughan and the rock.No harm to them  the rock are possibly the worst team i ever seen in the flesh.
Finished up 2-13 to 2-07 bit harsh on the rock there around in circles

KIDDO 4

Moortown 0.12, Edendork 0.12  in the intermediate championship ,with Greencastle playingUrney on Friday May 22 in Newtownstewart , with the quarterfinal draw to follow after this game.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on May 03, 2009, 08:08:05 PM
You're entitled to your opinion Norf Tyrone but any referee I have spoken wants to be the best they can at the job. They can't do that by being restricted in the level of games they officiate at. By restricting their remit of games you are basically questioning their integrity. Referees will certainly make mistakes but in my experience the vast majority are honest mistakes.

I understand your stance on this one, and I'd agree to a degree. It's not a case of questioning the ref's integrity, but maybe they might have a tendancy to over compensate on their decisions sometime. They're in a no-win sometimes in a sense of the word. May agree to disagree.

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on May 03, 2009, 08:19:41 PM
Donebrack- Aughamana or whatever you want to call them. Makes no difference to me. Amalgamation United heading for Div 3.

Bitchy. I notice you've not introduced yourself or revealed your club yet.

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on May 03, 2009, 08:26:31 PM
You better let them know over on the Tyrone website too- wouldn't want to offend anyone in Aughabrack/Donemana.

It's Dunamanagh.  ;)

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on May 03, 2009, 08:26:31 PM
On the subject of names one of best newspaper laughs I had was the day the Ulster Herald posted the club notes as 'Aughabrack Daniel O' Donnells'. Sheer class. ;

That never happened. Did it??  :D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rocky Mc Guigan

Mr Norf- just going by the signposts I see for the name- that article definitely happened all right -still brings a wee chuckle when chewing the old fat with a few football mates from that area!! One of the old classics. Herald renowned for them and still is.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on May 03, 2009, 10:28:34 PM
Mr Norf- just going by the signposts I see for the name- that article definitely happened all right -still brings a wee chuckle when chewing the old fat with a few football mates from that area!! One of the old classics. Herald renowned for them and still is.

So it's Londonderry it is then.  :D

clarshack

what was the standard of refereeing like in today's games?

is it really a good idea for sewartstown and killyman to play in the league this saturday so soon after their niggly championship affair? could the cccc not have given both teams different opponents?

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 03, 2009, 10:00:46 PM

It's Dunamanagh.

Really should be Dunnamanach but they took the soup up there and started a cricket team.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

supersarsfields

Drumragh ran up a decent win over glenelly yesterday afternoon. 2-7 to 0-7.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 04, 2009, 10:57:09 AM
Drumragh ran up a decent win over glenelly yesterday afternoon. 2-7 to 0-7.

Drumragh definately off to a good start the year. What's the differance? The boss?

supersarsfields

That would be telling Norf!!  ;)

It'd say there's a few factors. The boys were very down on how last year went and are putting in a big effort this year. And the new manager also brings a bit of a change to things and leaves things a bit fresher. Also Clubhouse should be finished and opening shortly so there's a bit more of a buzz about. And the way the league is going it's looking pretty tight so all to play for.

goal and a point

Anyone know has the Fintona soccer dispute healed, thought i recognised one of the soccer players scoring a point for them last week.

orangeman

Big week ahead on a lot of fronts - it's going to be devestating for all clubs knocked out in the first round. Balinderry got beat yesterday in the championship but they've got a 2nd bite at the cherry in the form of the backdoor, which takes place in July.

Should we have a back door format in Tyrone ?

Tyrone Dreamer

Definately not. Knock out football is what its all about and brings out the crowds. The first round games in Derry are now meaningless.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: goal and a point on May 04, 2009, 11:50:15 AM
Anyone know has the Fintona soccer dispute healed, thought i recognised one of the soccer players scoring a point for them last week.

Did they? Happy days. Can we appeal Saturday's result?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility