Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Quote from: clarshack on May 02, 2009, 12:16:29 AM
they did get one devlin sent off. I would like to know who appointed a Moy Linesman (who was instrumental in getting our player sent off) surely knowing that Peter Loughran was manager of Killyman? Not exactly impartial is it?
someone else asked a couple weeks ago if anyone else thought the refereeing in tyrone sucked this year. after our last 2 games I can categorically say yes.
the referee tonight gave frees and booked players (for both sides) for the most inoccuous things yet let dangerous tackles go. also the penalty decision was a shocker.

Twas your own Marty Devlin in Greencastle tonight - I thought he had a middling game. Name and shame the other ref.

orangeman

Quote from: clarshack on May 02, 2009, 12:16:29 AM
Quote from: tyroneboi on May 01, 2009, 09:05:14 PM
Quote from: clarshack on May 01, 2009, 08:46:46 PM
Harps 1-12 killyman 1-10 f/t.

Stewartstown by far the better side. Their forwards namely Owen Coyle, Peter Armour and Gareth Devlin were probably the difference. Armour and Coyles points at the end were superb. Quite a niggly contest with Killyman seeming intent on trying to get Gareth Devlin sent off. Killyman will struggle to stay up now now their championship is over. Always thought Stewartstown were a very good championship team and will take a good team to beat them now.

they did get one devlin sent off. I would like to know who appointed a Moy Linesman (who was instrumental in getting our player sent off) surely knowing that Peter Loughran was manager of Killyman? Not exactly impartial is it?
someone else asked a couple weeks ago if anyone else thought the refereeing in tyrone sucked this year. after our last 2 games I can categorically say yes.

the referee tonight gave frees and booked players (for both sides) for the most inoccuous things yet let dangerous tackles go. also the penalty decision was a shocker.

stewartstown were 4 ahead with 10 minutes left when the sending off occured and killyman to their credit drew level with a minute or so left and looked liked they were going to win it but the harps showed character and came back with a couple of quality points (armours point was a beauty from a sideline ball) to take victory.

when is the draw for the 1/4 finals?

Is Peter not an Errigal man albeit he played a season for Moy last year ?

Norf Tyrone

I see the Tyrone website actually names who the referees are going to be now BEFORE league games. I know who's reffing our game tonight already.

I think it's probably unfair on the refs as our paranoia can start now before the game (Note: I am not talking about tonight in particular).

Say in a few weeks time we have a Newtown ref (This is an example again.....), I know as a supporter I'll be thinking 'that fecker will be trying to get one of our boys sent off before the Championship'. It's the paranoia that we all have.

I think it was Clann Na nGael who had a motion to congress re not reffing in your division which was thrown it. I think it was one we should've went for for the sake of the refs as much as anything.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyrone86

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 02, 2009, 01:51:28 PM
I see the Tyrone website actually names who the referees are going to be now BEFORE league games. I know who's reffing our game tonight already.

How? Can't find it.

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on May 02, 2009, 02:36:02 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 02, 2009, 01:51:28 PM

How? Can't find it.

I was looking there as well. Couldn't find it.

Archie Mitchell

I seen this yesterday. Was just on fixtures page for whatever league. Seems to have been taken off now though.

ceol agus peil

Sent from my iphone

orangeman

Omagh and Clonoe drew - Omagh 0-9 Clonoe 1-6

orangeman

Carmen Stateside

Any word on Pomeroy Kileeshil?

KIDDO 4

O'Neill Sportswear Tyrone ACL Div 1

Round: 6    Sat 2nd May
Venue
6 00 pm    Omagh St. Enda's   0-9   v   Clonoe O'Rahilly's   1-6   Omagh
6 00 pm    Moy Tír na nÓg   2-8   v   Eglish St. Patrick's   1-7   Moy
6 00 pm    Loughmacroy St. Teresa's   0-11   v   Dromore St. Dympna's   2-10   Loughmacrory
6 00 pm    Aghyaran Saint Davog's   2-13   v   Donaghmore St. Patrick's   2-5   Aghyaran

Rocky Mc Guigan

Norf Tyrone

Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #11223 on: May 02, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's probably unfair on the refs as our paranoia can start now before the game (Note: I am not talking about tonight in particular).

Say in a few weeks time we have a Newtown ref (This is an example again.....), I know as a supporter I'll be thinking 'that fecker will be trying to get one of our boys sent off before the Championship'. It's the paranoia that we all have.

I think it was Clann Na nGael who had a motion to congress re not reffing in your division which was thrown it. I think it was one we should've went for for the sake of the refs as much as anything.

Dont think you have thought this argument out very well. That would mean that some of the top refs couldnt referee Div 1 games as they are from clubs in that division. That is the reason why the motion never saw the light of day.

Norf Tyrone

So are all the top refs from division 1 clubs? Can you only be a top ref if your club side is in division 1? I'd imagine that the other 32 clubs would have the 12-15 refs required to manage the division 1 programme. Now of course I am giving this from a completely uneducated view point, as I am not au fait with the way refs are appointed or managed.

Anyhow you've 3 or 4 months to 'think out your arguement'. See you then.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rocky Mc Guigan

Norf Tyrone- I never said all the top refs are from the top clubs- what you are advocating is that  the likes of Bert Mohan, Martin Sludden, Mickey Hughes, Francie Gallagher, and Eamon Mc Hugh couldn't referee Div 1 games- it doesn't take 3-4 months to work out such an argument (only one e in the word by the by). These are all prominent Tyrone referees and the reason why such a motion from Clan na Gael was never passed is because it didn't make any sense!!