Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

WJ Dolan Intermediate Championship
Fri 1st May 7.15pm
an Chraobh v Cill na mBan @ Bruach aille

Both teams haven't gotten off to the best start in the league, but traditionally the Championship brings the best out of both. Should be very little in it both teams have plenty of quality footballers- I'd fancy Tintown to shade it by a couple.

Eiscreach v Clann na nGael @ An Caislean Glas

Eskra have continued to improve from the start of the league whilst Clann na Gael are decimated by injuries - aside from Dooher and O'Neill, the Clans also are missing Adrian and Joe Ball and Gareth McDermott - debatably their 3 next best players. There only looks like 1 winner here - Eskra pulling up.

Sat 2nd May 7.00pm
Cabhan a Chaorthainn v Cill Iseal @ Gallbhaile

After a mediocre campaign last year, the St Mary's have made a much better start to this year with 3 wins out of 4, interestingly though their only defeat has come at the hands of the Plunketts. Their victory over Killeeshil aside, Pomeroy haven't been too impressive this year and I'd expect Killeeshil to advance by 4

Sun 3rd May 2.00 & 3.30pm @ Loch Mhic Ruairi
an Srath Ban v An Corra Chriochach

Strabane appear to have had a little trouble readjusting to Intermediate Football whilst Cookstown, with the exception of their defeat last weekend (minus Owen Mulligan), have been doing enough to win games. Cookstown will be expected to win, however that is no guarantee given their Championship record. Expect them to fall over the line by 2.

Eochar v Goirtin

Like Strabane, Augher's return to Intermediate hasn't seen them make the strides they'd like, while, after a bad start, Gortin have gathered some momentum in the last few weeks. On paper you'd have to fancy Gortin, but if there's going to be a shock this weekend, this could be the one. A Cassidy inspired Augher by 1.

Sun 3rd May 5.00 & 6.30pm @ Oilean a'Ghuail
Baile Na Mona v Eadan na dTorc

After a narrow escape from relegation, Edendork have made a much improved start to the campaign while Moortown have bounced back after a shock opening day defeat against Urney.  Expect a hard hitting, dogged affair, with smattering of football, Moortown by 3

Doire lochain v An Charraig Oilean a'Ghuail

Derrylaughan have started the league as one of the form teams in the division and look to be on a mission for promotion this year. Rock have a decent start to the league, but will struggle to contain an in-form Derrylaughan side racking up decent scores. Derrylaughan by 6

clarshack

Harps 1-6 killyman 1-4 h/t. Harps were 7 up early on. Ref gifted killyman penalty to let them back in it.

clarshack

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ceol agus peil

Sent from my iphone

tyroneboi

Quote from: clarshack on May 01, 2009, 08:46:46 PM
Harps 1-12 killyman 1-10 f/t.

Stewartstown by far the better side. Their forwards namely Owen Coyle, Peter Armour and Gareth Devlin were probably the difference. Armour and Coyles points at the end were superb. Quite a niggly contest with Killyman seeming intent on trying to get Gareth Devlin sent off. Killyman will struggle to stay up now now their championship is over. Always thought Stewartstown were a very good championship team and will take a good team to beat them now.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 01, 2009, 09:05:14 PM

Stewartstown by far the better side. Their forwards namely Owen Coyle, Peter Armour and Gareth Devlin were probably the difference. Armour and Coyles points at the end were superb. Quite a niggly contest with Killyman seeming intent on trying to get Gareth Devlin sent off. Killyman will struggle to stay up now now their championship is over. Always thought Stewartstown were a very good championship team and will take a good team to beat them now.

Devlin, Coyle and Armour are three of the best forwards that I've seen in Tyrone club football. However I rarely see much outside of Junior and to a lesser degree Intermediate football.

KIDDO 4

Did Galbally   player Paul Rafferty miss a penalty  in their tie withKildress.

bigfrank

Kildress keeper made great save from rafferty penalty! aidan hagan scored the goal after gettin a fist to a high ball into the square

Norf Tyrone

I hear Dooher played the 60 minutes for the Clanns but not 100% sure on that.

Tyrone Dreamer

Can anyone confirm if Dooher played? Would be great news for Tyrone if he did and came through with no problems.

on the sideline

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 01, 2009, 11:23:14 PM
Can anyone confirm if Dooher played? Would be great news for Tyrone if he did and came through with no problems.

Played full game.  Think he scored their first two points.  Prominent first 15 but understandably faded for rest, .

Tyrone Dreamer

Hopefully it will be the start of another great year for Dooher. Would be brilliant if he was available for Armagh game even if only as an impact sub.

clarshack

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 01, 2009, 09:05:14 PM

they did get one devlin sent off. I would like to know who appointed a Moy Linesman (who was instrumental in getting our player sent off) surely knowing that Peter Loughran was manager of Killyman? Not exactly impartial is it?

someone else asked a couple weeks ago if anyone else thought the refereeing in tyrone sucked this year. after our last 2 games I can categorically say yes.

the referee tonight gave frees and booked players (for both sides) for the most inoccuous things yet let dangerous tackles go. also the penalty decision was a shocker.

stewartstown were 4 ahead with 10 minutes left when the sending off occured and killyman to their credit drew level with a minute or so left and looked liked they were going to win it but the harps showed character and came back with a couple of quality points (armours point was a beauty from a sideline ball) to take victory.

when is the draw for the 1/4 finals?

tyrone86

Quote from: on the sideline on May 01, 2009, 11:26:02 PM
Played full game.  Think he scored their first two points.  Prominent first 15 but understandably faded for rest, .

Dooher was the pick of the Clann na Gael players by a mile - worked hard for the hour and everything went through him. I don't think Dooher died per se, it was the rest of the team. However, Eskra should have been out of site by half time, Hughes and McCarroll og missed several handy frees amongst 8 or 9 Eskra wides in the 1st half - they also kicked 6 or 7 wides on the bounce at the start of the second half. Niall McGinn was impressive for Eskra, as was Marlow in Midfield, who dominated in the 1st half and had an great battle with McGill in the second half. Devine at FB had a good game for CNG. Eskra looked the better footballing team throughout however - I'd go as far as to say my dark horses.