Armagh vs. Cork Sunday, April 12

Started by Oraisteach, March 29, 2009, 06:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 10, 2009, 02:11:17 PM
Quote from: The GAA on April 10, 2009, 12:32:43 PM

Personally, i'd like to see Forker in the team too

Forker is not gutsy enough for it, he needs wing mirrors, bags of skill though
Lacks the pace to be a top inter-county forward from what I've seen of him.

HalfFitHalfBack

Quote from: bennydorano on April 10, 2009, 04:25:24 PM

If Forker lacks pace then the rest of Armagh forwards are snails. The few times I have seen him play he looked strong, quick and very skillful.

It might be worth giving the lad a chance before writing him off as yellow or slow.

ArmaghGAAforum

Quote from: armaghniac on April 10, 2009, 01:57:02 PM
However promotion to Div 1 is not entirely within our control, we need Laois or Meath to step up to the plate. Either way we need to be putting  it up to Cork to have any prospects for the summer.
Will there be more Armagh people there than Corkonians?

with Cork having a chance of promotion I'd expect a decent turn out from the home support.

Zulu

I wouldn't expect a big Cork crowd to be honest though in fairness the Cork footballing heartland is in west Cork so they have a bit further to travel than most other home supporters. In saying that their support is a disgrace and they really should start making an effort as they have a fine team on their hands. They are big strong and have plenty of scoring forwards, if they can bring through some of their most talented players from the recent U21 sides expect Cork to start dominating the footballing scene.

marym

Munster  rugby match and Mallow races  on same day. Pairc Ui rinn is a much better venue for a small crowd.

illdecide

Lads is there still no team news yet for tomorrow's game?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Quote from: HalfFitHalfBack on April 10, 2009, 07:44:27 PM

If Forker lacks pace then the rest of Armagh forwards are snails. The few times I have seen him play he looked strong, quick and very skillful.

It might be worth giving the lad a chance before writing him off as yellow or slow.
Might be worth winding your neck in.

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on April 11, 2009, 05:08:32 PM
Quote from: HalfFitHalfBack on April 10, 2009, 07:44:27 PM

Might be worth winding your neck in.

:D :D :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ardmhaca08

Oraisteach

Don't know, but I hope FiveFM is carrying it--but more likely they'll carry the Down game.

anportmorforjfc

Oraisteach

Delayed coverage, according to Donagh.

Midman

TacadoirArdMhacha

Team started

Hearty

Mallon
Donaghy
Shannon

Kernan
McKeever
McClelland

Lavery
Vernon

T Kernan
A O'Rourke
B Mallon

McDonnell
Feeney
Clarke

Looked like a very flat performance on the tv. Awful in fact. Don't think they got more than 3 or 4 scores from play. Seemed really poor throughout the field. Cork cut through at will. Clarke couldn't get into the game at all and few of the forwards provided any threat. Anything like that level of performance against Tyrone and we'll be embarassed.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

David McKeown

That was awful today, as bad as Ive ever seen an Armagh team.  Hard to know what system Armagh were supposed to be playing as they were shambolic.  I thought Vernon did ok mind.  In defense though I dont think Armagh were ever closer than 3 yards to there men who were able to score at will.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner