season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

With almost 500 season ticket holders, I can't see you being accomodated in the covered stand at Casement, as the cronies will have first call on this allocation as usual.

I have emailed the press and an Ulster Concil Delegate now, so we'll see what happens.

Ulster Council is a pain in the arse, opposing the opening of Croke Park to soccer and Rugby (buy hypocritically accepting income from this source in the form of grants), appealing against and trying to block everything and anything Croke Park tries to do etc. Then they wonder why they are not allocated compromise rules games?

T Fearon

Just to update you on my campaign for fair treatment of all season ticket holders, the Ulster Council Delegate has been in touch and has pledged to raise the issue at the next Council meeting. He also said he is well aware of the complaints of many season ticket holders on this issue after last Sunday week.

Anyone else you think I should raise this issue with?

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on June 10, 2009, 09:23:21 AM
Just to update you on my campaign for fair treatment of all season ticket holders, the Ulster Council Delegate has been in touch and has pledged to raise the issue at the next Council meeting. He also said he is well aware of the complaints of many season ticket holders on this issue after last Sunday week.

Anyone else you think I should raise this issue with?
Have you tried your local MP?

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on June 09, 2009, 04:23:21 PM
With almost 500 season ticket holders, I can't see you being accomodated in the covered stand at Casement, as the cronies will have first call on this allocation as usual.
Tyrone's allocation may have sold out, but I don't think Derry even reached 100, did they? At most 350 season ticket holders. The problem is, the options for buying extra tickets will be severely limited. Maybe need to offer the option of a cheaper terrace ticket to season ticket holders.

On another note, is the GAA not missing a trick with not promoting games to season ticket holders where their county is not involved? What about a reduced price ticket option for season ticket holders for neutral games where there are no supply/demand issues?

Goldengreen

For the Donegal Antrim game, the first mail we got from the ticket office was Today (Thur 11th) at 3:15

A chara,
It is almost time for the Ulster GAA Football Championship clash between Donegal & Antrim on Sunday 14th June in MacCumhaill Park, Ballybofey.
Due to the high demand for seats in the brand new stand in Ballybofey, Ulster GAA have requested that we post out "regular" hard copy tickets to all Season Ticket holders from the competing counties.
All tickets have been posted by "Express Post" today and An Post have guaranteed next day delivery. If you do not receive the tickets tomorrow please get in touch by response to this email and we will sort things out for you. We will also check for emails on Saturday.
The last minute delivery is due to a technical gliche here in the GAA Ticket Office that we had solved this morning. As per above, we will make sure you get in and get your seat. Apologies for the tight timeframe!
If you have any queries, please feel free to get in touch.
Le meas,
GAA Ticket Office.

Sounds all very last minute, also we were not given the option to buy extra tickets. On my account I have two season ticket, hope they will be together.
Also Express post only guarantees next working day in the Republic. I wonder whats the story for Antrim Season Ticket Holders.

Maguire01

Sounds well organised.

Where is the new stand in Ballybofey? Is this a development since last summer? Any pics?

Goldengreen

No Pics sorry, but yea they did up the old stand, put it the proper stadium type seats.

Doohicky

Why do they insist on these hard copy tickets? Seriously.

Whether they post them or not, they still have the seats allocated for Season Ticket holders.
Why can't we just pick them up at the turnstile and they scan our card like every other province seems capable of doing?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Doohicky on June 12, 2009, 09:11:36 AM
Why do they insist on these hard copy tickets? Seriously.

Whether they post them or not, they still have the seats allocated for Season Ticket holders.
Why can't we just pick them up at the turnstile and they scan our card like every other province seems capable of doing?

They don't have enough scanners...?

QuoteOn another note, is the GAA not missing a trick with not promoting games to season ticket holders where their county is not involved? What about a reduced price ticket option for season ticket holders for neutral games where there are no supply/demand issues?
Great shout! - I'd like to think they will give us an option if our minor side is playing also... i.e. the Tyrone Derry game, Armagh minors will be playing. I'd like to go...

Tony - get on it - use Greg Campbell too!

Doohicky

There were enough scanners to cover the National league when there were at least 10 games on a given day.
Now there would be a maximum of 4 where the scanners are needed I believe. If even that

T Fearon

Thought about the Minors myself! Might be better to leave any push on this one to All Ireland Final day, if Armagh Minors get there and the seniors don't of course! ;D

Rossfan

Quote from: Doohicky on June 12, 2009, 09:11:36 AM

That was the way in Carrick the other week anyway. Show your card, get it scanned and then the scanman (!?) pulled a ticket out of his pocket and let us in. They were for around the half way line ....excellent seats. Hopefully the same in Castlebar next Saturday if the thing hasnt fallen down by then. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Doohicky

No emails regarding how Season tickets will work for the game at Casement so far.
Looks like we could be in the same boat as the Donegal v Antrim game people were.

Are there any Antrim season ticket holders here? Just wondering how the express delivery worked out.

Dinny Breen

Slight hiccup in Carlow, I have two season tickets in my name. They emailed me last week asking did I want stand or terrace. I said both tickets will be terrace, needless to say only one name was on the list for the Terrace, it wasn't an issue as such as they just scanned both season tickets, just hope that having two tickets on my account deosn't becomes an administration headache.
#newbridgeornowhere