Get your GAA degree now!

Started by GrandMasterFlash, March 05, 2009, 08:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Just heard on Today FM on the way to work that you can now do a degree in GAA.

Where do I sign??

I wonder will it be a BSc, BEng or BA? BA (arts) maybe given the nature of some of our thespian players..  Who would be the lecturing said degree??

Would there be one version for people 'from the north' and one for the remainder of the island?

Would the Dubs be exempt and go straight for the Masters?

So many questions...  ::)

downgirl

Is that true??  Where would be doing it?? 

ziggysego

Why would the north's and south's differ? We're all one after all.
Testing Accessibility

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: ziggysego on March 05, 2009, 08:53:19 AM
Why would the north's and south's differ? We're all one after all.

Apologies Ziggy, I thought it would have been reasonably clear from my post that my tongue was firmly placed in my cheek!  ;)

AbbeySider

GAA Degree?
Its a bit limiting is it not?
Should they not have combined it with a degree in Heritage, Culture, History or Business? I dont see that many jobs in GAA coaching and club development that would be well paid enough or it being a sector that could support yearly graduates. 

ziggysego

There's degrees in Klingon language and how to tie your shoe laces. None with any real future in them AbbeySider.
Testing Accessibility

TacadoirArdMhacha

I remember a friend of mine in school telling us he was away to study football at University in England. Frig we thought he was clean mad. A few year on and he's gainfully employed as a soccer coach and doing well for himself from what I can gather. Probably better than some given the recession!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rav67

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 05, 2009, 05:29:27 PM
I remember a friend of mine in school telling us he was away to study football at University in England. Frig we thought he was clean mad. A few year on and he's gainfully employed as a soccer coach and doing well for himself from what I can gather. Probably better than some given the recession!

I remember when doing the UCAS forms looking at a univeristy in Derby where you could do "football studies" and also "international football management".  :D  Might be useful for taking over a country in Championship Manager I suppose!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 05, 2009, 05:29:27 PM

I vaguely remember this? Was his initials GN?

Maguire01

Most people who do degrees like that don't have a hope of getting a job in those areas - football, golf management, film studies etc.. It all sounds great when you're doing A-Levels / Leaving Cert, but in most cases, it's a waste of time.

Would be a nice one to do when you retire maybe, just for the enjoyment, but i wouldn't be holding out on a great job coming out of it.

ildanach

put money on carlow to win a sigerson in the next 5 years.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.