Podcasts

Started by ONeill, February 15, 2009, 07:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Anyone here subscribe to or recommend any podcasts?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Our Nail Loney

I used to get a load but I trimmed the list down as it was taking up a load of space on my hard drive/ipod...

I now get the Guardian football one, it is class, the Chris Moyles one, I download the Ricky Gervais ones as you have to pay for them now, the Ricky Gervais ones are the funniest things I have ever heard, just for Karl Pilkington alone...

I used to get the Russell Brand ones until the Manuel incident. They were brilliant, he had some very good guests on, you can download the archives...

There was a GAA one someone posted on here, I have lost the link from my old computer, think it could have been square ballz or something like that?

If its comedy you are after, go to the BBC section, Russell Howard had a podcast not so sure if he still does with other comedians it was funny. Also the Adam and Joe ones are a laugh as well..

Stephen Fry has some out as well tat are good.

Tyrones own

I subscribe to quite a few on various topics..depends what you're into though.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Bogball XV

Like ONeill said, anyone recommend any good podcasts?  Sports, movies, science, current affairs etc, but not particularly serious - a bit of banter would be good too.  Mostly, Irish and UK, but would consider some yank ones too.

T Fearon

Do Bachelors do podcasts on their pea products?

mc_grens

I know you like Anerican sports O'Neill. At least NFL. The BS report on ESPN is great. Even if youofo only listen in season.

It's sport with Movie references, comedy, and the odd bit about reality tv. The last one about the winter olympics, and specifically curling is hilarious.

GalwayBayBoy

The ones I subscribe too. Hard getting the time to listen to them all but very handy in the car or in the gym.

Adam and Joe BBC
Film Junk
Football with John Giles
Gamespot
Giant Bomb
Talking History
Mark Kermode Film Reviews
Murph's Country Pages
NFL Rants and Raves
Rugby on Off the Ball
SModcast
The Football Ramble
The Game
Football Weekly
Ruggamatrix
The Life with Roy and HG
YNWA

Pity there doesn't seem to be much GAA related stuff out there although I think Newstalk podcast their GAA stuff during the Summer.

screenexile

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on February 15, 2009, 01:41:38 PM
I used to get a load but I trimmed the list down as it was taking up a load of space on my hard drive/ipod...

I now get the Guardian football one, it is class, the Chris Moyles one, I download the Ricky Gervais ones as you have to pay for them now, the Ricky Gervais ones are the funniest things I have ever heard, just for Karl Pilkington alone...

I used to get the Russell Brand ones until the Manuel incident. They were brilliant, he had some very good guests on, you can download the archives...

There was a GAA one someone posted on here, I have lost the link from my old computer, think it could have been square ballz or something like that?

If its comedy you are after, go to the BBC section, Russell Howard had a podcast not so sure if he still does with other comedians it was funny. Also the Adam and Joe ones are a laugh as well..

Stephen Fry has some out as well tat are good.

Have you seen the new cartoon series?? It's really good. Although you've heard everything before through the podcasts it's great to have an expression to fit what Karl's saying. I love him!

mattockranger

Quote from: mc_grens on March 01, 2010, 10:17:39 PM
I know you like Anerican sports O'Neill. At least NFL. The BS report on ESPN is great. Even if youofo only listen in season.

It's sport with Movie references, comedy, and the odd bit about reality tv. The last one about the winter olympics, and specifically curling is hilarious.

Could not agree more.....the subway fresh-take hotline is excellent!!

Nba daily and Scott van Pelt show are also good and available from ESPN

freakanomics is new aswell and excellent!!
the first two in the series have good sporting references and great introduction if you haven't read their books!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Bogball XV

sounds good, will be trying out a few of those, thanks lads.

qz

A few others I recommend

The Tommy & hector show on rte
Alan Green World football on world service podcast
World footbal phone in on radio5 live - good for south america chat

there is surely a gap in the market for a decent independent gaa one - perhaps an opportunity for Jerome given the success of his  video work on vimeo & youtube. Are you out there Jerome? well?

ONeill

Alan Davies' It's Up For Grabs Now podcast is funny but not for the faint hearted at times. A lot on non-Arsenal men would follow it as well  as Gooners.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

I subsribe to a few of the ESPN ones. Football Today and Fantasy Focus Football run throughout the NFL season. They're good. Also the Herd (Colin Cowherd) runs all year. He's basically an opinionated loudmouth who tries to say controversial things to upset Yanks, but it's an interesting show at the same time.

Billys Boots

Quotethe Ricky Gervais ones are the funniest things I have ever heard, just for Karl Pilkington alone...

They are hilarious alright, well worth a listen.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

RogerMilla

johnny giles on newstalk
sport at 7 rte
football weekly guardian
NPR all songs considered
NPR it's all politics
BBC documentaries
sunday sport RTE