Not paying mortgage

Started by JBM on the 21, February 10, 2009, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBM on the 21

From listening to Eoghan Harris on Friday night on the LLS, he commented that there was legislation coming down that will bar the sheriff from evicting people from their homes. Is there any truth to this? What happens if people decide to deliberately not pay their mortgages?

cavan4ever

I heard something about this last week. 

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: cavan4ever on February 10, 2009, 08:52:51 PM

You havent finished that sentence!! Are you not going to share what you heard?!?

Pangurban

It is being proposed that Banks and Building societies be encouraged and where possible compelled to re-negotiate Mortage payments in cases of genuine difficulty. Promises are being made by Ministers that no homes will be re-possessed, but how they intend to honour these promises or why they believe they have the authority to make them, remains a mystery

tyronefan

Quote from: JBM on the 21 on February 10, 2009, 07:47:23 PM
From listening to Eoghan Harris on Friday night on the LLS, he commented that there was legislation coming down that will bar the sheriff from evicting people from their homes. Is there any truth to this? What happens if people decide to deliberately not pay their mortgages?

you will still have to pay all the money but they will just give you longer to pay it, they are not going to give you your house for nothing.  :P :(

cavan4ever

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on February 10, 2009, 08:55:33 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on February 10, 2009, 08:52:51 PM

You havent finished that sentence!! Are you not going to share what you heard?!?

I heard something but it was just a headline on the news on the radio and i switched over.

However in todays Local paper it says that local Politicians are going to lobby the goverment to stop all evictions for three years and that the houseowner will pay rent to the bank for that that time period.

In another section it also says that apartments have dropped from €167,000 to €99,000 in the last year and that a mortage repayment over 35 years would be €200 a month.