The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Saw this on BBC website.

18 year old Dale Jennings. Reminds me a bit of Overmars. He was a Liverpool youth and was let go.

He made his League debut for Tranmere last September and is getting rave reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axnY3auosDU
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Never heard of Dale Jennings, must have been let go a while ago.

Another poor result last night, when i seen the actualy team I feared the worst, we have too many workhorses and very little pace, flair, width, creativity.

Dreading the derby now, a win is badly needed. Need Aurelio, Cole, Babel (  :-[ ) back in squad at the very least plus Pacheo perhaps as a wildcard.

heganboy

why is it that I'm going to have more patience with Kenny than I did with Woy?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

blewuporstuffed

aurellio was a massive loss last night, forced a complete rejig of the team , havent to play johnson leftback instead of being an option at RM.

cant understand kenny playing poulson though, he has offered nothing in any game i've seen him so far.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

stiffler

kenny said every player will get his chance, well lets hope that was Poulsen's last night.

Not only does Kenny have to deal with Rafa's poor signings (Johnson, Kyragiakos, Babel etc), but also with what Woy 'added' (Clown, Poulsen, Cole).

Not an easy task.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Does anyone think we will sign anyone during this transfer window (hope so)? 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: 45 on January 14, 2011, 09:55:09 PM
Does anyone think we will sign anyone during this transfer window (hope so)?

i think they need to get a player or two in just to lift the mood a bit and add some frshness to the squad.
I know the players available now can be overpriced , but think its essential they get at least one fresh face in.

A winger or a second striker would be the ticket.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Dinny Breen

Jamie Carra is on Soccer Saturday. Intelligent guy, talking a lot of sense, kudos.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

And for every Carra you have a Merse, horriblest pundit - yes he used that word.
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

He is a likeable so and so is Carra...for a scouser.

AidyMac

seen this on the bbc site:
Aston Villa are stepping up their efforts to sign Wigan left-back Maynor Figueroa after the club allowed Stephen Warnock to return to Liverpool on loan.

Could he do a job at left back?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AidyMac on January 15, 2011, 12:36:05 PM
Aston Villa are stepping up their efforts to sign Wigan left-back Maynor Figueroa after the club allowed Stephen Warnock to return to Liverpool on loan.

I certainly would have preferred that money was spent on him rather than PFK in the summer.  He is a decent player but more importantly he is a proper LB and a Liverpool youth product to boot.  I reckon he will be a good addition. 

ONeill

Has Dalglish altered the style of play in any way yet? (as in formations etc)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 15, 2011, 12:53:14 PM
Quote from: AidyMac on January 15, 2011, 12:36:05 PM

I certainly would have preferred that money was spent on him rather than PFK in the summer.  He is a decent player but more importantly he is a proper LB and a Liverpool youth product to boot.  I reckon he will be a good addition.

I agree he would be a good addition to the team,never thought they should have let him go in the first place.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AidyMac

why was he let go in the first place.  Read something in Carra book about Houllier mentioning him about being a good player, then the next thing he was gone?