The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/56581791

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports: "My feelings didn't change. My opinion didn't change [from when he has criticised Super League suggestions in the past]. I heard for the first time about it yesterday. I was trying to prepare for a difficult game. "We got some information, not a lot. Most of the things in the newspapers. It's a tough one. People are not happy with it, I can understand it. I can't say a lot more because we were not involved in the process - not the players, not me - we didn't know about it. We will have to wait how it develops."

More from Jurgen Klopp: "I'm 53. Since I've been in professional football, the Champions League has been there. My aim was always to coach a team there. I have no issues with the Champions League. "I like the competitive aspect of football. I like that West Ham might play in the Champions League. I don't want them to because we want to but I like they have the chance. What can I say? It's not easy.

"What I want to say as well, I've heard a few things but what I really don't like, Liverpool football club is much more than some decisions. The most important part of football are the supporters and the team. We have to make sure nothing gets between that. I've heard there are banners but the players didn't do anything wrong. We have to all stick together. We can show nobody has to walk alone in these moments. There are things to sort but nothing to do with the football or the relationship between the supporters and the team. "In tough times you have to show you stick together. It doesn't mean you have to agree with everything but again the boys did nothing wrong. I want to make sure everyone knows that.

"I understand it. I am in a different position. I don't have all informations. I don't know exactly why the 12 clubs did it. I know some things will change with football in the future. Some things have to change in football that is for sure. "Usually you have to prepare these kinds of things, it takes time."

Capt Pat

Firmino has already butchered 2 good chances. I think we should send him on his way at the end of the season.

quit yo jibbajabba

New Superleague announced overnight
Mourinho sacked
Mane scores a goal

What a day in fitba history

macker15

Game is so one sided.  Leeds going through the motions. Good to Mane back on scoresheet.

Gabriel_Hurl

a real blow to our Champions League qualification hopes  ::)

gawa316

Quote from: macker15 on April 19, 2021, 09:04:14 PM
Game is so one sided.  Leeds going through the motions. Good to Mane back on scoresheet.

A game of 2 halves

macker15

Quote from: gawa316 on April 19, 2021, 10:30:26 PM

A game of 2 halves

Didn't watch second half.  Only seeing result  now.  😡😡

johnnycool

Quote from: macker15 on April 20, 2021, 06:13:50 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 19, 2021, 10:30:26 PM

A game of 2 halves

Didn't watch second half.  Only seeing result  now.  😡😡

Where's Ben Davis?

J70

That was surreal watching the parts of that game that I managed to see, and not in a good way.

Let's say that this ESL shit collapses, as most of us hope it will.

What happens to FSG then?

Is it tenable for them to stay on as owners?

No one can deny that John Henry has advanced the club both on and off the pitch, but is there any coming back from this?

Now that those advances have been exposed, beyond any doubt, as little more than an amoral, capitalistic attempt to "grow an asset" and make money?

I guess most of us were happy when it brought Klopp and success, but didn't suspect that this abomination they're now trying to foist upon all of football was the logical conclusion.

I don't how see how they rebuild those bridges.

I shudder to think what happens if they DON'T back down.

This is basically a hostile takeover which may exceed far beyond what Hicks and Gillette ever dreamed of.

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on April 20, 2021, 04:49:56 PM
That was surreal watching the parts of that game that I managed to see, and not in a good way.

Let's say that this ESL shit collapses, as most of us hope it will.

What happens to FSG then?

Is it tenable for them to stay on as owners?

No one can deny that John Henry has advanced the club both on and off the pitch, but is there any coming back from this?

Now that those advances have been exposed, beyond any doubt, as little more than an amoral, capitalistic attempt to "grow an asset" and make money?

I guess most of us were happy when it brought Klopp and success, but didn't suspect that this abomination they're now trying to foist upon all of football was the logical conclusion.

I don't how see how they rebuild those bridges.

I shudder to think what happens if they DON'T back down.

This is basically a hostile takeover which may exceed far beyond what Hicks and Gillette ever dreamed of.

I wonder how this deal was factored into the recent investment round with the reported £536m ($750m) investment in FSG from Gerry Cardinale's RedBird Capital private equity firm. There was a failed deal with RedBall Acquisitions Corp special purpose acquisition company with 'Moneyball' Billy Beane supposedly due to a disagreement over the valuation of the business from investors, an inability to raise the second tranche of funding after their IPO and, that FSG had gone cold on the idea of going public, preferring instead to get the capital they needed privately through RedBird.

Given the ESL would have been a game changer in terms of value I am guessing the original deal could not get over the line pre Christmas because FSG would have based their valuation on the "New World" while the buyer would have to attach a fair degree of risk to it and discount the valuation appropriately. The very fact this deal "appears" to have went through just before this announcement was made (but obviously the new buyer was aware what was happening) would imply to me that either there is a big chunk of deferred consideration dependent on the outcome of this ESL process or more worryingly that the buyer was comfortable the ESL would happen and was willing to pay for it. Its difficult to see FSG accepting a deal that did not factor in the significant upside from the ESL in its valuation for the sake of a few weeks.

Milltown Row2

These sporting franchises in American sports, do they still have fans going to the games? Are they popular?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2021, 06:11:34 PM
These sporting franchises in American sports, do they still have fans going to the games? Are they popular?

Yes.

The NY Knicks are one of the most valuable of the NBA teams, and have been selling out the Garden for years.

They've been utterly shite for most of the last 20. Owners (the Dolan family, who own Cablevision, a load of tv stations, the NY Rangers and others) don't give a f**k though.

And when a team gets shit and the fans stop coming, the team franchise simply ups and moves to a different place.

Its often used as a bargaining tool to get cities to pay for new stadiums and the likes too.

Looks up the wiki page for many of the teams from out west and see where they started.

The Lakers, for example, don't get their name from any lake in California!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: J70 on April 20, 2021, 07:08:01 PM

Yes.

The NY Knicks are one of the most valuable of the NBA teams, and have been selling out the Garden for years.

They've been utterly shite for most of the last 20. Owners (the Dolan family, who own Cablevision, a load of tv stations, the NY Rangers and others) don't give a f**k though.

And when a team gets shit and the fans stop coming, the team franchise simply ups and moves to a different place.

Its often used as a bargaining tool to get cities to pay for new stadiums and the likes too.

Looks up the wiki page for many of the teams from out west and see where they started.

Oakland raiders now the Las Vegas raiders. Wasn't there another sports team from New York that was relocated to Los Angeles?

gawa316

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 20, 2021, 07:21:00 PM

Yes.

Oakland raiders now the Las Vegas raiders. Wasn't there another sports team from New York that was relocated to Los Angeles?

Dodgers

dec

Quote from: gawa316 on April 20, 2021, 07:28:35 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 20, 2021, 07:21:00 PM

Yes.

Dodgers

The San Francisco Giants were originally the New York (Baseball) Giants. They left at the same time as the Dodgers as they needed 2 teams out west for the scheduling to work.